Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The Yu-Gi-Oh! Arc-V "Syndrome".

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Yu-Gi-Oh! Arc-V "Syndrome".

Hello guys.

I'm opening this thread to discuss. With Arc-V coming to an end, it's time to settle down some stuff. While I was reading some Arc-V thread in Neo Arl Cradle, I've seen many posts that vomit hates about the show and some of his arcs and how "it was better in Standard Arc" but yet, those same people still watching Arc-V. And their justifaction is just laughable :

It's too late to drop it off
    News flash, it's never to late to stop watching something you despise.

Personnally, I want don't think Arc-V is the worst Yu-Gi-Oh! spin-off. To me, GX and his plot that is essentially made of pointless fillers and don't make any sense (the so loved Supreme King was never introduce before season 3. It just comes out of nowhere. Zero foreshadowing. We can criticize Zarc all we want, but it was there since the beginning of the show). Yes the Synchro Arc feel like a complete different show since it have his own plot (that takes out Arc-V's main plot btw) and was way too long. Yes the Fusion Arc fillers were horrible (except BB, but I'll discuss about that matter after). Yes Xyz Arc was rush.

But guess what, that's how it works when the staff change from an episode to another and when you hired people that can't handle long-running shows (and people that hate writing duels.... for a show that is centered around duels.) like Arc-V. All the other Yu-Gi-Oh! series suffers from that.

Now I'm going to talk about the immense amouth of undeserve hates both Zarc and BB gets. Maybe you wonder why the hate ? Here is the reason:

BB arc last way too long
    May I remind you that DM got a WHOLE FILLER SEASON that added nothing to the main plot (Virtual World arc at least had the decensy to flesh out the Big 5 and, more importantly, both Mokuba's and Kaiba's characters) ? Remember GX that can be resume as "Filler the Anime" ?

Battle Beast, in the contrary of Siegfried Shroeder, makes Yuya questioning himself, reminding him how much he had evolved since the beginning of the show. Battle Beast served as a foreshadowing of what Yuya will be when Zarc will take over. Yes, the BB arc wasn't actually a filler and serve the main plot.

Now speaking of Zarc. People criticize him for being a boring villain that is just irrational destruction.... Did you actually watch and understand Arc-V ? Zarc is supposed to be irrational destruction incarnate ! He supposed to represente humanity's inner sadism and lust for power. The diametrical opposite of what Yuya is (as a reminder, Yuya want to make people smile through his peaceful dueling and don't care bout losing or winning. All that counts is to pull off a good show. Zarc is winning at all cost, even brutally assaulting to the point of blood spilling his opponents). If you have failed to notice this, please re-watch Arc-V and understand the meaning of the show. Zarc isn't as bland as Don Thousand is, and the Haokenryu version of the Heavenly Dragons aren't as ridiculously OP as C1000 or iC1000. Zarc himself is OP ? Yeah, because Zorc, Darkness, Z-ONE and Don Thousand are fair and balanced. Zarc is Arc-V final boss, of course he will be OP.

Arc-V have indeed poor pacing and imperfect writing. He is also the show that handle villains that isn't Yuri/Roger/Sergey very poorly. Academia was the least threatening and competent villain organization in YGO history (with the exception of Yuri and Herr Doktor). It is also "Potential waste the Anime".

Spoiler Alert!
    Also, people rejoice of the last 8 episode being centere around another Junior Championship. And yet the same people despise Synchro Arc for having another tournament. It's truely time to knows what you want guys. Personnaly, screw Junior Championship 2.0. I want explanation about Zarc, Yuya's pendant and the Pendulum Summon. Finishing Arc-V with another Junior Championship is just lazy writing.... IMHO

No YGO shows were perfect. None should be.

But you, what do you think about Arc-V ? Why do you still watch it ?
    Last edited by Indytotof; 28th January 2017 at 02:10 PM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have doubt about the last part, but whatever. Next week will shows us what is going on.

Zarc being overpowered is part of his personality and covers up his superiority complex. His deck is very enjoyable, since it's not just one overpowered boss monster, but a boss monster supported by his servants with great offensive and defensive potential and they gain also support from their Supreme King. At least, Zarc hasn't reached the fifth digit yet and it takes a lot more to take him down rather than just another overpowered card. Geh, Sephylon and Numeronius Numeronia lasted for only one turn, and Dark Neosphere lasted two turns. Zarc however is still present since the fourth turn, and a dozen of people aren't able to get rid of this dragon once.

If Zorc Necrophades is ever going to be a Monster Card, make him 5000/5000, give him some of immunities and a hand negation effect (to counter Exodia).
    Last edited by KingJinzo; 28th January 2017 at 09:00 PM.
    I FUCKING HATE DUB NAMES! I HATE DUB NAMES SO MUCH!

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ARC-V Isn't bad, what made the show look bad was the direction took by the story developers that couldn't be able to live to its expectations. ARC-V Have so many aspects to explore and improved, not only in the Plot but in the Dueling as well. The plot could be more deep, like a sci-fi thriller, since it embrace things like dimensions being split in 4, fusion of people's consciousness. YGO tends to have some flaws at its ending point. Overall ARC-V is enjoyable, it still more well directed than Zexal, they were hyping Don K for almost half of season to be a total letdown at the end.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Arc-V is the best over all series to me since the DM series. It has a lot of faults and the pacing suggests the writers were lead to believe the show was going to be longer that it ended up being but from beginning up to this point it has been the best handled long game plot, featuring an active female character with plot relevance the whole way through, interesting deck strategies and a lot of supporting characters the writers at least tried to give notable character arc development too.
    Last edited by ScionStorm; 28th January 2017 at 07:23 PM.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Indytotof View Post
    Hello guys.

I'm opening this thread to discuss. With Arc-V coming to an end, it's time to settle down some stuff. While I was reading some Arc-V thread in Neo Arl Cradle, I've seen many posts that vomit hates about the show and some of his arcs and how "it was better in Standard Arc" but yet, those same people still watching Arc-V. And their justifaction is just laughable. "It's too late to drop it off."
    News flash, it's never to late to stop watching something you despise.
    Good for you. Why do I still watch it? That's simple. It's the same reason that I still love and enjoy the Star Wars prequels, the Hobbit films, and play the Final Fantasy XIII games; I ENJOY it, I'm invested in it, and I want to see how it ends and goes. I still genuinely care about this series, it's really the first to grab me since DM (GX I had a sporadic watching with, 5D's I mostly saw through summaries, and ZEXAL I mainly watched for certain characters).

Now I'm going to talk about the immense amouth of undeserve hates both Zarc and BB gets. Maybe you wonder why the hate ? Here is the reason:

''BB arc last way too long''

May I remind you that DM got a WHOLE FILLER SEASON that added nothing to the main plot (Virtual World arc at least had the decensy to flesh out the Big 5 and, more importantly, both Mokuba's and Kaiba's characters) ? Remember GX that can be resume as "Filler the Anime" ?

Battle Beast, in the contrary of Siegfried Shroeder, makes Yuya questioning himself, reminding him how much he had evolved since the beginning of the show. Battle Beast served as a foreshadowing of what Yuya will be when Zarc will take over. Yes, the BB arc wasn't actually a filler and serve the main plot.
    You know, until now I never looked at it as foreshadowing. Now how they handled him makes sense. I still reckon he could have been better used, but then the hints to Zarc would make less sense.

Now speaking of Zarc. People criticize him for being a boring villain that is just irrational destruction.... Did you actually watch and understand Arc-V ? Zarc is supposed to be irrational destruction incarnate ! He supposed to represente humanity's inner sadism and lust for power. The diametrical opposite of what Yuya is (as a reminder, Yuya want to make people smile through his peaceful dueling and don't care bout losing or winning. All that counts is to pull off a good show. Zarc is winning at all cost, even brutally assaulting to the point of blood spilling his opponents). If you have failed to notice this, please re-watch Arc-V and understand the meaning of the show. Zarc isn't as bland as Don Thousand is, and the Haokenryu version of the Heavenly Dragons aren't as ridiculously OP as C1000 or iC1000. Zarc himself is OP ? Yeah, because Zorc, Darkness, Z-ONE and Don Thousand are fair and balanced. Zarc is Arc-V final boss, of course he will be OP.
    Jinzo already answered this one.

Arc-V have indeed poor pacing and imperfect writing. He is also the show that handle villains that isn't Yuri/Roger/Sergey very poorly. Academia was the least threatening and competent villain organization in YGO history (with the exception of Yuri and Herr Doktor). It is also "Potential waste the Anime".
    *cheerfully, like Boomstick* Oh, that's bull****! Remember every single flashback to Heartland? That stuff was unnerving. They did waste them near the end unfortunately, just because of the direction the story took. Also, where the hell is the Aide? (If no-one remembers him, I'm torn on being pissed with you and being understanding.)

Spoiler Alert!
    Also, people rejoice of the last 8 episode being centere around another Junior Championship. And yet the same people despise Synchro Arc for having another tournament. It's truely time to knows what you want guys. Personnaly, screw Junior Championship 2.0. I want explanation about Zarc, Yuya's pendant and the Pendulum Summon. Finishing Arc-V with another Junior Championship is just lazy writing.... IMHO
    That is of course, assuming this is what is actually happening. And before you rattle off that staff thing again, provide a source.
    Sanokal

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Did anybody else notice Leo's deck is a reference to Amnael/Doctor Banner from GX? The Spirit Cores are a reference to his Alchemy theme. The four elements in alchemy are represented by 4 spirit creatures- Salamander of Fire, Sylph of Air, Undine of Water and Gnome of Earth.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ScionStorm View Post
    Did anybody else notice Leo's deck is a reference to Amnael/Doctor Banner from GX? The Spirit Cores are a reference to his Alchemy theme. The four elements in alchemy are represented by 4 spirit creatures- Salamander of Fire, Sylph of Air, Undine of Water and Gnome of Earth.
    too bad he only showed 2 of them

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ScionStorm View Post
    That makes actually sense. But to confirmed this, we still need to see the WATER and EARTH ones... which isn't going to happen.

@Sanokal: Maybe you need to read the resume of 141. And Ono confirmed in an interview that this week ep is the last one of the Zarc arc. Feel free to google it. Some people take this as truth in Neo Ark Cradle. But take this info with a grain of salt.

Also, I need to remind you that I also enjoy Arc-V (and the Star Wars prequels too, which aren't as bad as the purists said they were.... but that's another topic). I've open this topic because it puzzle me that so many people seems to see no redeeming qualities in Arc-V and says it is the worst of the YGO spin-off and yet still watch the show when they could just... ignore Arc-V ever existed and watch something else before YGO 6 airs.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Also, I need to remind you that I also enjoy Arc-V (and the Star Wars prequels too, which aren't as bad as the purists said they were.... but that's another topic). I've open this topic because it puzzle me that so many people seems to see no redeeming qualities in Arc-V and says it is the worst of the YGO spin-off and yet still watch the show when they could just... ignore Arc-V ever existed and watch something else before YGO 6 airs.
    Not many viewers are that smart or actually use their brains to really see through the series. The comment section from YT is filled with such people who have no idea what they are talking about, others don't like the main characters for very stupid reasons, while some others remember some stuff wrong.
    I FUCKING HATE DUB NAMES! I HATE DUB NAMES SO MUCH!

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    my only issue with the BB arc was BB himself
    why was he a thing? Where was the Obelisk Force? I'd have rather seen more of them, along with an Obelisk Force "Captain" who could have been the walking Ancient Gear Structure Deck advertisement instead of having Yuri Switch decks

Also people need to just quit the bitching, I hated Zexal and I still watched it to the end. and no redeeming qualities my ass, everyone, EVERYONE, Loved ARC V til around Episode 55 or so. Cept Raiko, but that's another matter

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by KingJinzo View Post
    If Zorc Necrophades is ever going to be a Monster Card, make him 5000/5000, give him some of immunities and a hand negation effect (to counter Exodia).
    Exodia has no effect. Victory conditions are not effects, you CANNOT negate them. the only effect that can possibly get around Exodia is "You cannot lose while X is on the field"
    I don't have a Problem, I have a Hobby.