Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: First of many Odd-Eyes?

Registered User AccelRainbowDashley's Avatar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

First of many Odd-Eyes?

I haven't posted a deck online in years. I couldn't even tell you when the last time was.

Anyway, I really like dragons. When other little girls wanted dolls, I wanted dragons to keep the spookies away. Throughout the years I've always had some form of dragon deck, although there were times when I decided it was better not to, such as with E-Dragons. Galaxy was one of my favourites, with my kind of gameplay: spamming big dragons to eat people with. Now, we have Odd-Eyes and friends, and I absolutely love the archetype. It has the flexible gameplay I prefer, are dragons, have some great art, and is the first archetype to include all major forms of special summons. For someone like me, it's a dream. I did make decks based on Rune-Eyes and Beast-Eyes when they came about, but as anyone reading is aware they weren't exactly consistent until recently.

So that brings me to now, and I've decided to make many variants. Six, in fact. Five will be focused entirely on a specific summon type (Synchro, XYZ, Ritual, Fusion and Pendulum) with the last being the combination of all five. For reasons unclear to even myself, I decided to post decks here. At least one of them. If it gathers attention, I'll consider posting the rest, but for now, I'll start with the one that is statistically more likely to be hated by most people.

Keeping in mind a few things. First, this is the first draft. Many cards are subject to change, and I'll admit a few of them were just thrown in as filler because it was 2am and I couldn't think of anything else.

Secondly, I play competitive-casual. Yes, I build decks with the intention to win, but I don't play ultra-mega-T0-sacky-tryhard decks, either. The folks I play with are of the same mindset. My enjoyment of the game comes from winning with decks I enjoy playing.

With that out of the way, I feel like I'm pretty happy with the Extra deck. The main deck can do with some improvements, but I was aiming for a deck that's obviously geared towards it's intended purpose beyond using the right levels of monsters. That's why Stoic Challenge and Kattobingu Challenge are there, I think they're fun cards without being too situational. I also just realized they both have 'Challenge' in the names. Hm. I want to try and fit in Double or Nothing, too, since using that with Absolute or Utopia along with something else is absolutely rude.

In any case, I hope anyone that reads enjoys.
    Last edited by AccelRainbowDashley; 29th September 2015 at 08:02 PM.
    ~The Sins never die, can't wash this blood off our hands~
    ~Let the world fear us all, it's just means to an end~
    YGOrg's resident Dragonmaster

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am going to say this first

Holy fuck, Trapeze magician?
    The clown Xyz in a deck with no Clowns?

Its like they didn't want their own boss and gave him away...

Second

Yes, I build decks with the intention to win, but I don't play ultra-mega-T0-sacky-tryhard decks
    Gonna remember THAT line

3rd
    Loving the lack of the usual R4NK

and 4th
    Synchro next pls
    I don't have a Problem, I have a Hobby.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AccelRainbowDashley View Post
    Secondly, I play competitive-casual. Yes, I build decks with the intention to win, but I don't play ultra-mega-T0-sacky-tryhard decks, either. The folks I play with are of the same mindset. My enjoyment of the game comes from winning with decks I enjoy playing.
    This is the mindset many people should have. Instead, they simply play the game as if it is barbaric sport.

The deck looks sturdy, to say the least. I am curious as to what the card is next to the left of Mirror Force. I am also curious as to how running so many Level 7s is holding up. I imagine you are having some consistency issues, but that is just me. I look forward to your take on the Synchro variant!
    Currently using: Predator Plant, Pendulum Magician, Zarc Magician, Red-Eyes Interested in: Magibullet, Altergiest, Vullet(?)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Let's see who's the true Master of Rainbows: Odd-Eyes, or big sis.

Looking forward the remaining decks ^_^

In the meantime,
    *intense furious glares at Kattobingu Challenge couldn't get any more intense*

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Trapeze is pretty great, I'm probably going to end up leaning the deck towards things like multi-attacks to set it apart from standard XYZ spam, since that would require me to use unusual cards. I think another underlying theme for this deck will be winning via overwhelming the opponent with big monsters and big damage. Something like Synchro would be on the technical side.

The rank 4s I chose are things I like. I'm not a fan of something like Exciton, for example. Rhapsody is there because it's a fun card to use, but also pretty solid. Then I have Utopia Lightning because sometimes you just have to punch something in the face really hard.

Quote Originally Posted by Yuuri View Post
    This is the mindset many people should have. Instead, they simply play the game as if it is barbaric sport.
    Indeed, and there are others who think you can only ever be either casual or competitive. I personally think the middle ground is far more fun. You get to see decks that you otherwise wouldn't.

The card in question is Stoic Challenge, one of my favourite equips in the game. It's not just a 'slap it on and forget it' card, since you have to play around it for it to be effective, but doing do can reduce it's intial boost.

I haven't gotten a chance to test it yet, but you're probably right in that there are too many level 7s. That'll be one of the first things I work out.

Quote Originally Posted by HelixReactor View Post
    Let's see who's the true Master of Rainbows: Odd-Eyes, or big sis.

Looking forward the remaining decks ^_^

In the meantime,
    *intense furious glares at Kattobingu Challenge couldn't get any more intense*
    It's obviously me, since I have 'rainbow' in my name =p

EDIT: I forgot to mention, since Synchro seems to be a popular choice, that will be the next one I post. I don't know when it'll be, but it'll happen.
    Last edited by AccelRainbowDashley; 29th September 2015 at 10:10 PM.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Yuuri View Post
    I am curious as to what the card is next to the left of Mirror Force.
    Hi-five the Sky, gives an Xyz a second attack when it battles, that second attack has Armades coverage

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dread Kaiser View Post
    Hi-five the Sky, gives an Xyz a second attack when it battles, that second attack has Armades coverage
    That's to the right.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Whoops, for some reason I read as "that trap next to mirror force".....

Thats Stoic Challenge, OTK maker
    equip to a xyz that has mats, it can't activate effects, +600 per mat on your field, Doubled damage

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I used it on Odd-Eyes Rebellion once since it doesn't stop continuous effects, and Judai Dragon doesn't have any detach effects.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AccelRainbowDashley View Post
    I used it on Odd-Eyes Rebellion once since it doesn't stop continuous effects, and Judai Dragon doesn't have any detach effects.
    Also works well with Flare Metal. Doesn't stop his burn effect, you're not running any Red-Eyes so you won't detach, and he won't get destroyed when Stoic leaves the field. Pretty interesting card.