User Tag List

Page 2 of 27 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: [V Jump] New Rules

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ScionStorm View Post
    If this is an Extra Deck monster the deck limit better be raised by at least 5 to a 20-card total.
    Maybe a "Link Deck" Yeah,more zones
    Edit:Forget this,it is precised Extra Deck... Maybe just to hide the existence of the Link deck!
    Last edited by Gamer5555; 17th February 2017 at 11:02 AM.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Charly Ruri Raptors View Post
    But if you send the materials to grave to link summon it how do you tribute monsters linked to it for his effect?
    I think the cards linked to it are the ones the arrows are pointing to. For Decode Talker, the cards it would be linked to are the two monster zones on either side of the spot right below it, and the monster in the zone that it is facing right in front of it.

I wish we had gotten Illusionist-type. I feel like "Cyber" was never a type we needed. Air, Air is a type that would have done nicely instead of having to group WIND elementals into either Winged-Beast or Fairy because simple "Air" still isn't a type. Instead we got "Cyber".
    Last edited by ScionStorm; 17th February 2017 at 11:05 AM.

Registered User Brightshine Stardust's Avatar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Everyone goes crazy with the Link mechanic, while I'm here lol-ing at the Extra Deck summoning change

You no longer can fill the board with Extra Deck monsters unless you summon the necessary Link monster first in the Extra Monster Zone, and there's only 1 Extra Monster Zone per player

And with the way the Link Markers are set, you still need to involve another Link Monsters in the Main Monster Zone.

Calling it, they'll stop Extra Deck spam by giving the good Link monsters a low amount of Link Markers with annoying positions, like only 1 Down, or 1 Left, or 1 Down 1 Lower Left.
    Last edited by Brightshine Stardust; 17th February 2017 at 11:10 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Okay, now that the remainder of the rules have been added to the Org I'm not sure what to think.

On the one hand, anyone worried that the game was getting too fast can breathe easy because the new Rules slow it down immensely (now that I think about it, the simplified Rules in Duel Links and the 3DS game were probably hinting at Konami's new philosophy all along).

On the other hand, you now essentially HAVE to use Link Monsters to use your Extra Deck so the Extra Deck limit had better go up (because they're confirmed to be Extra Deck cards).

And while Blue-Eyes and Monarchs (and in TCG land Kozmos) are unaffected, the new rules completely screw over decks reliant on the Extra Deck, especially Synchro Decks because they NEED multiple Synchros on the field at one time (I guess Konami really does hate them). So yeah, those aforementioned archetypes just got even stronger (and as someone who loves his Synchrons, I am now a very unhappy bunny). At least it neuters Zoodiacs?

The new Pendulum change slows the game down too. I could be wrong but I think Metalfoes and Zefras are the only Pendulum Decks that make extensive use of backrow? As someone who loves Zefras that's another bummer as well.

I still think Link Monsters themselves are neat and I always hoped the next Summoning method would be one any Deck could use (like Xyzes) and look forward to trying them out, but I think I'll be spending a lot of time with obsolete rules on YGOPro as well.

I'm surprised Konami went this far though - the game has completely changed and I'm still excited to see where this new, simpler form of YGO goes (until people start spamming Links). I also wonder if a slower game will bring Kazuki Takahashi back - hasn't he said the faster game state puts him off it before?

Edit: I somehow forgot that this damages Majespecters most of all, but they are one of the more versatile and hardy Pendulum archetypes, so it all works out.
    Last edited by Silence; 17th February 2017 at 11:20 AM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ----nevermind----
    Last edited by Brightshine Stardust; 17th February 2017 at 11:23 AM.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't like that they are basically forcing you to use Link monsters to have any access to your Extra Deck. They have never made a card category before that completely banned you from using other cards unless you use that type of card. This does not sit very well with me.

Quote Originally Posted by Brightshine Stardust View Post
    The interesting thing about us basically getting 2 more backrow is that it sounds like it will help Continuous/Equip decks, as long as they don't use Pendulums that is.
    There are still only 5 Spell/Trap zones. It's just that if you use Pendulums, now you can only use 3. And once they get sent to the Extra Deck...
    Last edited by ScionStorm; 17th February 2017 at 11:20 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oke, i m a real hardcore yu-gi-oh player i play this game from the first week it came out...... But what has Konami done to the field ! So, let me get this Straight whe have to choose to pendulum summon or setting/activating a spel/trap card[s] {so is you have 2 pendulum cards in your pendulum zone you can only set/activate 3 spell/trap card[s] !}! Also you can only Special Summon and control 1 extra deck monster unless you Link Summon 1 Link Monster first, witch makes Synchro climbing and Accal Synchro Summoning near impossible in the hyper fast duels we have now ! Also zoodiacs are royally screwed { wich i like !}. Also d cant defende your lp and decks that change cards to DEF mode are also screwed. I hope we get the field back when this madd seassen ends and gfet more extra deck space.... its far to cramped now !
    Come out, the circuit of dreams and hope ! Arrowheads confirmed ! The summoning conditions are 2 "Trickstar" monsters. I set the 2 of Trickstar Narkiss and Trickstar Candina in the Link Markers ! Circuit combine ! Link Summon !

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Brightshine Stardust View Post
    The interesting thing about us basically getting 2 more backrow is that it sounds like it will help Continuous/Equip decks, as long as they don't use Pendulums that is.
    We aren't getting 2 more backrow. We still have 5, but the first and fifth slot can have pendulums put into them.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by starofpower View Post
    So, let me get this Straight whe have to choose to pendulum summon or setting/activating a spel/trap card[s] {so is you have 2 pendulum cards in your pendulum zone you can only set/activate 3 spell/trap card[s] !}!
    No, the S/T Zone remains 5, it's just that the Pendulum Zones can now be used as a regular S/T Zone as well.

EDIT: I saw the picture wrong. Yep, only 3 S/T.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Seems like Konami took an Armored Core route. Compared to how For Answer was then they made v using smaller ACs.

Hope to see a video soon explainingt the mechanic better with demonstration .