[V Jump] New Rules

Introducing Link Summon.

Example Card: Decode Talker

Decode Talker
    DARK Cybers-Type Link Effect Monster
    LINK 3
    ATK 2300
    Materials: 2 or more Effect Monster
    (1) This card gains 500 ATK for each monster Linked to it.
    (2) When an opponent’s card effect that targets a card you control is activated: You can Tribute 1 of your monsters Linked to this card; negate that activation, and if you do, destroy it.

Further Information

Look at those distinctive Link Markers! Use these Markers to develop brand new strategies!
    It goes into your Extra Deck!

There are 2 ways of Link Summoning!!
    >>Send Materials to the Grave Equal to the Link Number!
    >You can Link Summon something from your Extra Deck by sending the same number of monsters that meet the material requirements written in the card’s effect box, whose total numbers equal to the LINK number, from the field to the Graveyard
    >>Decrease Materials by Using Link Monsters
    >Link Monsters are treated as the same number of materials as its LINK Number, however to use them you must match the requirements written on the card!

IN THE CASE OF “DECODE TALKER”
    You can either
    -Use 3 Effect Monsters
    or
    -Use 1 Link 2 Effect monster and 1 Effect Monster

Pay Attention to the Direction of the Link Markers!
    >The Zones pointed to by each Link Marker and the cards in them will be affected by the Link Monster, and this will create new strategies!

They have no defense…!!!
    Link monsters have no defense points and they have the special characteristics of being unable to change their battle positions or turning to defense position by effects.

So this is kinda similar to synchro and xyz. But why does the first card being revealed have to be a CDI?
    Vector = best character in zexal
    Yuuri is better though and the best character in arc v.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    LINK SUMMONS ARE AMAZING!

Wow, they COMPLETELY function by their own rules, don't they? And here I thought Xyz Summons would be the pinnacle of crazy shenanigans. This is now my favourite mechanic and I love it to bits already. LOVE IT!

P.S. Looks like we have a new type! Decode Talker is a DARK Attribute though and I assume he's the Odd-Eyes Dragon to Yusaku's eventual Pendulum Dragon. Maybe it fuses with that sprite following him in yesterday's promo art?
    Last edited by Silence; 17th February 2017 at 10:27 AM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Silence View Post
    LINK SUMMONS ARE AMAZING!

Wow, they COMPLETELY function by their own rules, don't they? And here I thought Xyz Summons would be the pinnacle of crazy shenanigans. This is now my favourite mechanic and I love it to bits already. LOVE IT!
    Xyz didn't start with a CDI though. If you can spam your field with effect monsters then link them into this, you have a non once per turn CDI from what i can see. Also cybers is a new type? We were all wrong for thinking that the ace monster would be a dragon, warrior or spellcaster. its actually starting a new Type. Hopefully extra deck size is increased.

Edit: I should read this properly. It only stops targeting effects. It can protect from twin twister. Disregard everything i said about it being CDI. This is a gaiapelo.
    Last edited by darkgod789; 17th February 2017 at 10:31 AM.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Soooo.......

Zarc isn't the most powerfull being that rules over everything now right ? Since they are no [INSERT SOMETHING] [INSERT SOMETHING] Link Dragon. Let's hope there is a motherfriggin' God Dragon that is the origin of this brand new summong technique (like Zarc&Ray are both initiators of the Pendulum Summon and Numeron Dragon is the god of everything Xyz).

VRAINS have me hype. Even if this Link Summon is a bit confusing.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Indytotof View Post
    Soooo.......

Zarc isn't the most powerfull being that rules over everything now right ? Since they are no [INSERT SOMETHING] [INSERT SOMETHING] Link Dragon. Let's hope there is a motherfriggin' God Dragon that is the origin of this brand new summong technique (like Zarc&Ray are both initiators of the Pendulum Summon and Numeron Dragon is the god of everything Xyz).

VRAINS have me hype. Even if this Link Summon is a bit confusing.
    And i failed at reading the card and thinking it was a non once per turn CDI. But i glimpsed over it quickly and missed the target thing. Lets hope they have a villian as interesting and fun to watch as vector and yuuri.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    http://livedoor.blogimg.jp/maxut/imgs/5/4/54aff6a8.jpg

It seems there are two "Link Zones" between each side of the field (hence Link Monsters having 8 different Links).

Also it seems Pendulum Zones are now the left and right-most S/T Zones?

P.S. The Accel Synchro/ Chaos Xyz Summon equivalent already exists with Link Monsters now, but what are the odds of Decode Talker actually being Yusaku's ace (because of the lack of DEF) instead of just his Junk Warrior/ Odd-Eyes Dragon? It'll be interesting!

P.P.S. V Jump is out fully for those who don't check Maxut bringing a ton more Link Monsters with it including a new Gaia (taking after Force of Earth) and Milus Radiant.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok,i don't understand everything,need to reread 20 more time.

But i'm already afraid about the :
    Pay Attention to the Direction of the Link Markers!
    >The Zones pointed to by each Link Marker and the cards in them will be affected by the Link Monster, and this will create new strategies!

Not sure if its a good idea.

And "Decode Talker" seems a bit too strong for me.
    (Though I really like his pose,especially the way he hold his sword.)

Wow,"Cyber" type...
    Last edited by Gamer5555; 17th February 2017 at 10:44 AM.

Registered User Charly Ruri Raptors's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    But if you send the materials to grave to link summon it how do you tribute monsters linked to it for his effect?

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Charly Ruri Raptors View Post
    But if you send the materials to grave to link summon it how do you tribute monsters linked to it for his effect?
    I think the cards linked to it are the ones the arrows are pointing to. For Decode Talker, the cards it would be linked to are the two monster zones on either side of the spot right below it, and the monster in the zone that it is facing right in front of it.

I wish we had gotten Illusionist-type. I feel like "Cyber" was never a type we needed. Air, Air is a type that would have done nicely instead of having to group WIND elementals into either Winged-Beast or Fairy because simple "Air" still isn't a type. Instead we got "Cyber".
    Last edited by ScionStorm; 17th February 2017 at 11:05 AM.

Registered User ThePhotonLegion's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There are rumours from BBS that suggest that will be the case @ "Decode Talker" = "Junk Warrior".