User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: ARC-V Episode 143 Discussion: On the Hype Train

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh, I forgot Dekoichi, he is fine too. The other trains I don't like are the main deck monster for the Rank 10 deck and Allen's Xyz.
    IRL Decks: Pure Artifact, Lyrilusc (work in progress) and futurely Time Thief
    Online: Trap Monster, Trickstar, Eyes Restrict
    Pre-Link Format: DDD, Heraldic Beast, Chronomaly

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Again, this is our main dude we're talking about; this is kind of his shtick. Though it seems he'll be using his summons again if the previews are any indication.
    Celina lost once with Lunalights.
    Sylvio losing is kinda his thing.
    Gong makes personal progress, and breaks his won rules in serious situations.
    Moon's main value is as a ninja, not just a duelist, which the show has always been very good at showing.
    Sora is an overconfident jackass, which is sorta the point for him.
    Zuzu was indeed criminally underutilized, though not for lack of trying on her part.
    Roget? His arc was done, unless he shows up again due to the dimensional jiggory pokery.
    Iggy is done with.
    Shinji is done with.
    Yaiba was underused.
    Tyler sisters needed another match, and Xyz arc needed a mini-arc with Aster on the run I feel.
    Barrett was sadly discarded. A real shame. He might show up again though.
    BB was mishandled, but done with most likely.

One thing that REALLY pisses me the hell off is how people are suddenly assuming that there have been drastic changes. As a whole, THE MAIN EVENTS WERE ALWAYS GOING TO HAPPEN. The whole "egao" theme has been there since Yuya absorbed Yuto. This is not bloody new.
    Sanokal

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    things i want for these final episodes of arc-v
    barrett to appear
    yuya vs reiji (probably will happen) for 2/3 episodes; I hate 1 episode duels
    Yuya will use good cards instead of the ones in this battle royal
    Last edited by NassX; 21st February 2017 at 01:52 PM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NassX View Post
    things i want for these final episodes of arc-v
    barrett to appear
    yuya vs reiji (probably will happen) for 2/3 episodes; I hate 1 episode duels
    Yuya will use good cards instead of the ones in this battle royal
    I was half expecting that Yuya would create the Link Summon mechanic with his Pendulum Pendant. To link all dimensions and shit. Just sayin'. Not serious about that.
    I FUCKING HATE DUB NAMES! I HATE DUB NAMES SO MUCH!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by yyythefuchs View Post
    Comparing second season of this show with the previous ones is wrong i guess. Not only the protagonist but all other characters didn't show any development of their dueling styles except for summonig high level or rank monsters or using different summoning mechanics in arc-v. Think about Shou's final duel co-operating Roids with Cybers, Rua's awekening or Mizael's OTK against Don Thousand. Many characters improved their dueling in the past series; however, in arc-v characters mostly stay where they're. Gongenzaka, Sawatari, Tsukkikage, Yuzu, Serena, Sora, Dennis.... keep loosing in a very cheap manner. Also, there were promising charachters like Yaiba, Barret, Roger, Kachidoki, Shinji, Tyler Sisters and BB remember. Does anyone think any of these characters will improve in the remaining 7-8 episodes? The answer is obvious, no, because with xyz-fusion arc the writers only wanted to finish the series with stupid egao nonsense. It's sad to see that potential of arc-v is exploited with the abuse of action cards now.
    I disagree with the development part. Gong just showed major development in this episode alone. He just gave up his Steadfast dueling style to actually go out and grab Action Cards. He just did something he hasn't really done so far to push Yuya so I would definitely count that as development. Btw I love this big train boss of Gong's. 4800 DEF is a massive beatstick. Only Tokumatsu Flower Cardian Lightflare had more base power with 5000 ATK. Go Synchros huh

So it seems like Yuya's boss is now just Odd-Eyes Pendulum Dragon. Obviously since Yuto no longer exists (so far) Yuya can't drop Odd-Eyes Rebellion or Odd-Eyes Raging. I'm a bit surprised though that he isn't going to use Rune-Eyes, Beast-Eyes or Brave-Eyes. I still feel like those are Yuya's boss monsters without the help of any other Yu. In the preview it seems like he will be using Odd-Eyes Pendulum Dragon as his only ace against Dennis as well. Interested to see how long that lasts
    A Fallen Hero Is The Best Kind of Villain

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Now that I finally watched the episode:

-Animation is still crap. 3D Yuya looked awkward compared to his previous apparences and I don't remember how many times they repeated the same shot of Tetsudowo losing ATK.

-Duel got pretty repetive with Yuya and Gongenzaka only losing 200 LP every turn to fill time. Also, Pendulum Illusion and Tetsudowo were twisted so Action Cards and only Action Cards decided the entire Duel. And don't even get me started on how Gongenzaka abandoning his Steadfast Dueling wasn't treated like a big deal except for a passing mention of Yuya and Sawatari (and where was his father, who flipped his shit when he Summoned a single Synchro?).

-Plot-wise is still a mess. The audience somehow knew about Zarc and got used to the whole situation pretty quickly, Reiji somehow knew about how the En Cards worked and had to explain it to us because the show didn't bother before, and finally the not-at-all-convinient Dimension Corridors which honestly weren't even necessary considering Reiji had dimensional traveling tech. And of course we have Yuya angst again but for the wrong reasons (really, 142 ended with a cool shot of him realizing he was Zarc and that literally gets tossed away in the first seconds of the next episode like nothing?). Also, I still don't understand the logic of Zarc being a separate spirit from Yuya instead of the original form of the 4 Yus and how Reira could seal him in the first place (along with the whole subplot).

For the next episode we will have the other Dimensions with the memories of their inhabitants somehow intact (then what was the point of Pendulum losing them in the first place?) and Shun realizing Yuto and Ruri were absent so he goes to Fusion off-screen (which would have stronger impact if we saw him come to that conclusion on-screen you know).

Subpar episode to me with the only bonus being Gongenzaka finally getting focus. Nevertheless, looking forward to Dennis in the next episode.

Quote Originally Posted by KingKaash View Post
    He just gave up his Steadfast dueling style to actually go out and grab Action Cards. He just did something he hasn't really done so far to push Yuya so I would definitely count that as development.
    He already did that against BB tho. Anyway, the problem is that the moment lacks actual subtance since the characters didn't react like they should have because you have things like Yuya and Sawatari casually mentioning Gongenzaka throwing away his Steadfast Dueling and nothing else (and Gongenzaka's father, who is the one we must have had a reaction from, being absent). And its something that occured too late for me to care about along with the fact we never were in Gongenzaka's mind since the whole "Dimensional War" bs started to even care about him.
    Last edited by LolsterXD97; 24th February 2017 at 11:57 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LolsterXD97 View Post
    Now that I finally watched the episode:

-Animation is still crap. 3D Yuya looked awkward compared to his previous apparences and I don't remember how many times they repeated the same shot of Tetsudowo losing ATK.

-Duel got pretty repetive with Yuya and Gongenzaka only losing 200 LP every turn to fill time. Also, Pendulum Illusion and Tetsudowo were twisted so Action Cards and only Action Cards decided the entire Duel. And don't even get me started on how Gongenzaka abandoning his Steadfast Dueling wasn't treated like a big deal except for a passing mention of Yuya and Sawatari (and where was his father, who flipped his shit when he Summoned a single Synchro?).

-Plot-wise is still a mess. The audience somehow knew about Zarc and got used to the whole situation pretty quickly, Reiji somehow knew about how the En Cards worked and had to explain it to us because the show didn't bother before, and finally the not-at-all-convinient Dimension Corridors which honestly weren't even necessary considering Reiji had dimensional traveling tech. And of course we have Yuya angst again but for the wrong reasons (really, 142 ended with a cool shot of him realizing he was Zarc and that literally gets tossed away in the first seconds of the next episode like nothing?). Also, I still don't understand the logic of Zarc being a separate spirit from Yuya instead of the original form of the 4 Yus and how Reira could seal him in the first place (along with the whole subplot).

For the next episode we will have the other Dimensions with the memories of their inhabitants somehow intact (then what was the point of Pendulum losing them in the first place?) and Shun realizing Yuto and Ruri were absent so he goes to Fusion off-screen (which would have stronger impact if we saw him come to that conclusion on-screen you know).

Subpar episode to me with the only bonus being Gongenzaka finally getting focus. Nevertheless, looking forward to Dennis in the next episode.

He already did that against BB tho. Anyway, the problem is that the moment lacks actual subtance since the characters didn't react like they should have because you have things like Yuya and Sawatari casually mentioning Gongenzaka throwing away his Steadfast Dueling and nothing else (and Gongenzaka's father, who is the one we must have had a reaction from, being absent). And its something that occured too late for me to care about along with the fact we never were in Gongenzaka's mind since the whole "Dimensional War" bs started to even care about him.
    Yea I didn't want to comment it but the duel was definitely repetitive. It's actually kind of pathetic that Gong can't even counter a basic strategy like that after getting his boss monster on the field.

I thought of the BB duel and how he left his style but that was more of him acting as a shield/sacrifice in one move. This time he actually carries his change of style throughout the remainder of the duel which I think shows improvement. If he chose to start using S/T cards and abandoning his style, then he should usually lose right away because of how SHS function. But he found a way to continue with his new boss monster. The Gong focus has been weak the entire show though, I do agree with that and I've said it before. There are so many things they could've done better. But basically since this is the last duel we'll see from good old Gong, his development went from no Synchros at all at the beginning to using Synchros and playing Spells and Traps in a deck that really doesn't do it. Pretty big jump for him overall
    A Fallen Hero Is The Best Kind of Villain