User Tag List

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Link updates

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Silence View Post
    After zooming in on the Decode Talker example for a few minutes (http://www.yugioh-card.com/japan/how...ages/np3_2.jpg) I think Draconet's stats are 1400/1700. You can see the straight diagonal line of the 4 (until seeing it I thought it could also be a 6) and also the empty space left by the 7.

Um...ta-da?
    Wikia says 1400/1200.

EDIT:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I hope that they will create alternative ways to expand extra monster zones.

Maybe they gonna make a new kind of Spell/Trap card to support these new rules. Let's call it "Zone card" for now (maybe with red color and has "link pointers" just like Link Monsters). The zones pointed by this kind of cards will be able to be used as an extra monster zone.
    Maybe it will also have an effect like a field spell but will only be applied to those zones.
    Last edited by Eternalight; 21st February 2017 at 04:47 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eternalight View Post
    I hope that they will make create alternative ways to expand extra monster zones.

Maybe they gonna make a new kind of Spell/Trap card to support these new rules. Let's call it "Zone card" for now (maybe with red color and has "link pointers" just like Link Monsters). The zones pointed by this kind of cards will be able to be used as an extra monster zone.
    Maybe it will also have an effect like a field spell but only applied to those zones.
    Something like "Summon 1 Link monster from your Extra Deck, but it's ATK becomes 0 and it's effects are negated" as a one turn spam sounds actually interesting.

Also, after we got Missus Radiant, we might get some similar cards for each Attribute (basically upgraded versions of: Star Boy, Bladefly, Little Chimera, Hoshiningen and Witch's Apprentice; all with the same Link-Markers).

You'll never be "Kurosaki Shun riding a backflipping Revolution Falcon then jumping on a driving motorcycle"-cool.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Assuming it will be possible to use pendulum monsters as Link Materials, pendulum's nerf makes sense as it's the easier way to gather enough materials for the stronger Link Monsters, then summon extra deck monsters to those new Linked Zones. If, as most have speculated, Link is supposed to slow the game down, not nerfing Pendulum would make pendulum decks even stronger then other decks (except maybe Zodiac).
    I don't post a lot, but I read everything in this forum. EVERYTHING.
    Current Decks: Red-Eyes | RaidRaptors | D/D/D | Generic Wyrm | Dark Doriado

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DelCtrl View Post
    Assuming it will be possible to use pendulum monsters as Link Materials, pendulum's nerf makes sense as it's the easier way to gather enough materials for the stronger Link Monsters, then summon extra deck monsters to those new Linked Zones. If, as most have speculated, Link is supposed to slow the game down, not nerfing Pendulum would make pendulum decks even stronger then other decks (except maybe Zodiac).
    Which current pendulum decks are even stronger in the first place without the extra deck? And Link doesn't slow down the game. The game just transits from spamming Fusion or Xyz to spamming Link. The main deck is where the problem starts.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark-Shimy View Post
    Wikia says 1400/1200.

EDIT:

Thanks! It's funny that it's the stat I was sure about that turned out to be the wrong one.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by yshipster View Post
    Something like "Summon 1 Link monster from your Extra Deck, but it's ATK becomes 0 and it's effects are negated" as a one turn spam sounds actually interesting.

Also, after we got Missus Radiant, we might get some similar cards for each Attribute (basically upgraded versions of: Star Boy, Bladefly, Little Chimera, Hoshiningen and Witch's Apprentice; all with the same Link-Markers).
    I'm expecting this too. It would go a long way towards making the transition as easy as possible for everyone.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by DelCtrl View Post
    This makes sense to me too, as much as the Pendulum change hurts. That said I'm already looking into getting Zefras to work with the new mechanics.

I hope we get Monster Reborn back as a result of all this though.
    Last edited by Silence; 21st February 2017 at 06:04 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eternalight View Post
    I hope that they will create alternative ways to expand extra monster zones.

Maybe it will also have an effect like a field spell but will only be applied to those zones.

I would actually find tasteful if we get pendulums monster with scales and upper markers.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ettel View Post
    I would actually find tasteful if we get pendulums monster with scales and upper markers.
    I don't think Pendulums are dead, but I do think this is the only way Konami can print more Pendulums and not be laughed out the door.

Link/ Pendulum hybrids would be very fun.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Silence View Post
    I don't think Pendulums are dead, but I do think this is the only way Konami can print more Pendulums and not be laughed out the door.

Link/ Pendulum hybrids would be very fun.
    Yeah but it seems unlikely to happen soon.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ettel View Post
    Yeah but it seems unlikely to happen soon.
    True.

5Ds and Zexal had a Booster Pack each in which they brought back the previous mechanic. Since VRAINS appears to be as focused on Links as they were on Synchro and Xyz, perhaps it'll continue the pattern. It would happen two years into VRAINS' run and we already have hybrid Pendulums so it shouldn't be a big surprise or stretch for them to implement it.

I do wonder what the Pendulum Summon clause would be though (i.e. would a LINK-3 be Pendulum Summoned if you can Summon Level 3s?)