User Tag List

Thread: Ground Collapse is actually good?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ground Collapse is actually good?

With the advent of link summons and the extra monster zone, cards that stop you from using certain monster zones are now really useful. For example, the card Ground Collapse, which has never seen any serious play as far as I have seen, can allow you to permanently make any two unoccupied monster zones on the field unusable. Before, this couldn't restrict your opponent much (maybe reducing the number of monsters they could bring out in one turn). However, if you protect this card, it can now be an effective floodgate, stopping your opponent from using their vital Linked Zones. You can even render both extra monster zones unusable, stopping all extra deck summons (including Pendulum, with the new rules released today). However, Konami may errata cards that refer to choosing specific monster zones, rendering them unable to target extra monster zones.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunlord7 View Post
    With the advent of link summons and the extra monster zone, cards that stop you from using certain monster zones are now really useful. For example, the card Ground Collapse, which has never seen any serious play as far as I have seen, can allow you to permanently make any two unoccupied monster zones on the field unusable. Before, this couldn't restrict your opponent much (maybe reducing the number of monsters they could bring out in one turn). However, if you protect this card, it can now be an effective floodgate, stopping your opponent from using their vital Linked Zones. You can even render both extra monster zones unusable, stopping all extra deck summons (including Pendulum, with the new rules released today). However, Konami may errata cards that refer to choosing specific monster zones, rendering them unable to target extra monster zones.
    We can't see the future, but I imagine the game isn't going to slow down much

also you can't collapse the extra monsters zones unless you have one first
    I don't have a Problem, I have a Hobby.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    While yes, this card can probably be used to cokblok Linked zones, there will probably be a ruling edict that states that cards like this only effect the Main Monster Zone. So Extra Zone can't be touched this way.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's almost a certainty Extra Monster zones will not be affected by this, watch Koomy BKSS the hell out of it to make it so.

I mean, it can still very well sabotage Link plays if telegraphed enough provided link Marker patterns become all too evident between certain builds.