User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ARC-V Episode 144 Discussion: LADIES AND GENTLEMEN, SHOW MUST GO ON!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ARC-V Episode 144 Discussion: LADIES AND GENTLEMEN, SHOW MUST GO ON!

Yuya arrives at the Xyz Dimension and the destroyed Heartland, meeting his former co-member and the mole Dennis Macfield. The entertainment magician wants to challenge the entertainment performer and tells him that Kurosaki isn't there. Allen and Sayaka tell Yuya that Kurosaki decided not to participate in the Junior Youth Cup and instead went to the Fusion Dimension to find Ruri, since Kurosaki is unaware what happened to her. Yuya wants to go there, but Dennis stops him from doing so and reveals that he used to be Yusyo's pupil. We get to see the two little kids from episode 100 (remember the clip show?!) as the initial audience. Yuya agrees to the duel to entertain the audience. It's a duel I've been waiting for ages.

Yuya starts and sets Gongato and Xiangsheng Magician a Scale from 2-8, Pendulum Summoning Odd-Eyes Pendulum Dragon in the progess and ends his turn. (That's the Yuya we all know.) Dennis summons Bubble Gardna, whose appearance excite the little boys, but their mother (also from episode 100) appears and wants to drag them out, but boys disagree. Then a man appears and tells the children they should not watch the duel (remember, duels were bad back then), but Dennis forces the adults to stay and watch when he threatens them with Polymerization, and Yuya obviously fails to see the Heel act. Through his monsters own effect, he Special Summons Filmsy Slimmer, then Dennis activates Polymerization to fuse Bubble Gardna and Filmsy Slimmer into Trapeze Force Witch. And he pulls a wand and his mask from episode 57 out of nowhere to complete his Heel appearance. He equips Trapeze Force Witch with the Equip Spell Card Antique Gear Mask and declares with her to attack Odd-Eyes. Trapeze Force Witch's "evil Fusion power" reduces Odd-Eyes' ATK by 600, and combined with Antique Gear Mask, Yuya cannot activate an Action Card until the end of the Damage Step, and the Battle Damage gets doubled. (The doubled damage is the only benefit in a Ancient Gear deck, the rest of the effect is useless.) Dennis ends his turn.

We get to see Edo, Gloria, fangirl Grace and Noro again, and Edo explains that the people who were turned into cards, even though they are now turned back to normal again, still hold a grudge against Academia. Yuya seems to catch what Dennis is intending. Yuya Pendulum Summons Odd-Eyes Pendulum and Miracle Mirrorabit. Odd-Eyes attacks Trapeze Force Witch, and her effect reduces Miracle Mirrorabit's ATK instead, but she is protected by Antique Gear Mask once per turn, but that doesn't stop Odd-Eyes' Reaction Force from working.

Now Yuya starts his Mirror Magic Entertainment Show. Odd-Eyes Pendulum Dragon's mirror reflection flies into it, allowing it to attack again. Odd-Eyes attacks Trapeze Force Witch and Miracle Mirrorabit takes the effect of her instead, resulting that the witch is destroyed for real and Reaction Force works a second time. By that moment, Dennis's mask starts to crack.

Spoiler Alert!

More people gather to see the duel and Yuya tells his opponent, the strongest Entertainment Duelist from the Fusion Dimension, to drop his mask and pull a Heel-Face Turn, which he does. He sets a Scale of 2-6 with Reversal Dancer and Fire Dancer to Pendulum Summon Bubble Gardna and Filmsy Slimmer and overlays them into Trapeze Magician, whose flashing appearance amazes the audience. He detaches an Over Ray Unit to allow his magician to attack twice this turn. The first attack on Miracle Mirrorabit is evaded thanks to the Action Card Yuya picked up earlier, then he picks another one to protect Odd-Eyes Pendulum from Trapeze Magician's attack that would have destroyed both of them. In response to his magician's destruction, Dennis activates RUM Magical Force to rank up his destroyed monster into Entermage Trapaze High Magician. By detaching an Over Ray Unit, Trapeze High Magician can attack up to three times. Yuya fails the first two times to pick an Action Card thanks to Trapeze High Magician physically assaulting him to do that. But with Gongato's Pendulum Effect, he reduces the damage from the direct attack to 0. Dennis ends his turn.

Yuya Pendulum Summons Odd-Eyes Pendulum and Miracle Mirrorabit back to the field and he Normal Summons Sword Fish to weaken Trapeze High Magician by 600 ATK. Dennis detaches an Over Ray Unit to protect his monster from destruction up to three times this turn and he's flying with his monster and creates a cool magic light show. Of course, Yuya's show has just started yet and he activates the Continuous Spell Cards Challenge Stairs and Hope Stairs (which both of them have a chibi version of himself on the artworks), which allows one of his monsters to attack multiple times as long as it battles a monster and doesn't destroy it and by tributing a card on his field while also boosting up the monster's ATK by 400 whenever it has battled until the Standby Phase. Reiji predicts that Yuya would use Xiangsheng's effect to make Sword Fish a Level 4 Monster to overlay him with Miracle Mirrorabit to Xyz Summon Dark Rebellion (so he still has those cards?), but Yuya, while he initially intends it, doesn't do so. He jumps on his dragon and runs on the rainbow stairs which obviously is based on the openings. Odd-Eyes attacks Trapeze High Magician and gets a 400 ATK boost after that battle, while the Pendulum Effect of Reversal Dancer boosts Trapeze High Magician's ATK by the same amount. Miracle Mirrorabit allows Odd-Eyes to attack a second time, inflicting damage on Dennis and boosting Odd-Eyes' ATK after that by another 400. With Challenge Stair's effect, he tributes Xiangsheng Magician to allow Odd-Eyes to attack again, with Trapeze High Magician's field shield being destroyed as a result. Tributing Gongato, Odd-Eyes attacks again, but Dennis comments that he would still have 200 Life Points left if the attacks goes through. However, Yuya activates the Action Card Miracle from his hand to protect Dennis's monster and half the Battle Damage, which creates the last opportunity to attack with Odd-Eyes again. Yuya tributes Sword Fish and finishes Trapeze High Magician and Dennis off with the fifth Rasen no Strike Burst. Dennis falls from the tower, but Yuya catches him (is that a throwback to Yuzu vs Dennis?).

The audience love the duel and we even get to see Kaito. Layra on the other hand isn't smiling at all. A bunch of kids want Yuya to teach them Entertainment Dueling, but he suggests that Dennis should be their teacher and he agrees. Yuya enters the wormhole to find Kurosaki in the Fusion Dimension.

The budget on the animation was pretty high this episode.

Preview:
    Spoiler Alert!

-Yuya is the hallway of Academia and has Yuzu flashbacks.
    -Kurosaki has a conversation with the Professor. Kurosaki looks sad.
    -Kurosaki has Ruri flashbacks (finally kid Ruri!) and they play with really old cards. Kurosaki has Marauding Captain, Breaker the Dark Magical Sword Warrior and Alien Shocktrooper. Ruri has Mystical Space Typhoon, Mirror Force and Monster Reborn all open on the field.
    -Yuya and Kurosaki duel outside.
    -Yuya has Odd-Eyes Unicorn and Odd-Eyes Light Phoenix as his Scales and Odd-Eyes Pendulum Dragon and Xiangsheng Magician on the field. And he's looking for an Action Card.
    I FUCKING HATE DUB NAMES! I HATE DUB NAMES SO MUCH!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This episode was pretty good honestly, compared to the previous ones we got (and reinforces the fact Ryou Tamura is the only quality writer remaining in Arc-V's writing staff). And like always, Dennis was the best part and got a great send off. Also using the Heartland tower that way was pretty thrilling.
    Last edited by LolsterXD97; 27th February 2017 at 11:21 PM.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, Dennis was easily the best character in this show. His final Duel was pretty good and I was glad so things in the Xyz Dimension were not as easy as they seemed. It doesn't really makes their plot less dumb though.
    IRL Decks: Pure Artifact, Lyrilusc (work in progress) and futurely Time Thief
    Online: Trap Monster, Trickstar, Eyes Restrict
    Pre-Link Format: DDD, Heraldic Beast, Chronomaly

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    It doesn't really makes their plot less dumb though.
    Maybe I'm alone in this, but I don't really see this as a "dumb" plot, honestly. It makes its own internal kind of sense, and this being Yugioh, outlandishness is par for the course, and of which, this wouldn't even be the most.

The only iffy thing for me would be Declan knowing all this, even if it could be assumed to have been surmised as such or because Declan is Declan, but since Yuya and Declan are slated a Duel very soon, an explanation on his part is all but outright guaranteed at that point, so I'm willing to wait on that front.

In the meanwhile, I'll continue to enjoy these Lancer Duels, and hope for the best for them sneaking in a Final Duel with Zuzu, somehow.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by J. D. Guy View Post
    Maybe I'm alone in this, but I don't really see this as a "dumb" plot, honestly. It makes its own internal kind of sense, and this being Yugioh, outlandishness is par for the course, and of which, this wouldn't even be the most.
    In my opinion, this being Yugioh doesn't mean we have to swallow each stupid plot they throw at us at face value.
    Last edited by LolsterXD97; 28th February 2017 at 11:00 PM.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by J. D. Guy View Post

The only iffy thing for me would be Declan knowing all this, even if it could be assumed to have been surmised as such or because Declan is Declan, but since Yuya and Declan are slated a Duel very soon, an explanation on his part is all but outright guaranteed at that point, so I'm willing to wait on that front.

In the meanwhile, I'll continue to enjoy these Lancer Duels, and hope for the best for them sneaking in a Final Duel with Zuzu, somehow.
    I think that they were talking about the abrupt end of the Xyz arc.
    Sanokal

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LolsterXD97 View Post
    In my opinion, this being Yugioh doesn't mean we have to swallow each stupid plot they throw at us at face value.
    GX fans do.^^
    I FUCKING HATE DUB NAMES! I HATE DUB NAMES SO MUCH!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KingJinzo View Post
    GX fans do.^^
    Well duh, it was GX. Me being a GX fan could embrace the craziness there along with other elements that made me enjoy it, but the way this "Make Reira smile" subplot is presented along with how messed up other elements in Arc-V became makes me facepalm hard.
    Last edited by LolsterXD97; 1st March 2017 at 12:00 AM.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanokal View Post
    I think that they were talking about the abrupt end of the Xyz arc.
    You thought right.
    IRL Decks: Pure Artifact, Lyrilusc (work in progress) and futurely Time Thief
    Online: Trap Monster, Trickstar, Eyes Restrict
    Pre-Link Format: DDD, Heraldic Beast, Chronomaly

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Obviously these last few episodes are set up to have Yuya duel and make the other Lancers look good and close out their stories. So far I think they've done a good job with Gong and Dennis. Halfway through this duel, I was disappointed with what Dennis was doing and after his Witch got destroyed I thought he was going to use the AGs again and I thought to myself, this is a sad way for Dennis to go out. Even then when he brought out Trapeze Magician I thought to myself that we've seen this already. And then out of nowhere, Dennis drops his RUM and I'm going bonkers. It was the perfect way to close him out and totally unexpected for me. Kind of funny though that it's called Rank-Up-Magic Magical Force

I'm still not completely ok with Kurosaki raging but Kaito standing there like everything is fine. But then again Kaito was about not having comrades for half of his time in this show so I guess it makes somewhat sense. I also don't really understand why Edo and the Tyler Sisters is in the Xyz Dimension instead of the Fusion Dimension after the defeat of Zarc. Anyways next duel is mega hyped for me. I've been waiting for Kurosaki vs Yuya for a while and thank goodness Kurosaki is heated instead of being nice guy Shun.

Does anyone know if Sora gets a shot at Yuya in the last few episodes? That's something I want to see again too
    A Fallen Hero Is The Best Kind of Villain