User Tag List

Thread: Ultimate Conductor Tyranno's First Effect vs My Body as a Shield

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Answered: Ultimate Conductor Tyranno's First Effect vs My Body as a Shield

Question: Does UC Tyranno's first effect get absolutely crushed by My Body as a Shield?

Ultimate Conductor Tyranno's effect in question:
    "Once per turn, during either player's Main Phase: You can destroy 1 monster you control or in your hand, and if you do, change all face-up monsters your opponent controls to face-down Defense Position "

My Body as a Shield:

"When your opponent activates a Spell/Trap Card or monster effect that would destroy a monster(s) on the field (except during the Damage Step): Pay 1500 LP; negate the activation, and if you do, destroy it."

There's also something bothering me about this. So with what Konami gave us on the Structure Deck rulings, we have:

Q: I activate the effect of Ultimate Conductor Tyranno that destroys 1 monster on my field or in my hand and changes all monsters on my opponent’s field to face-down Defense Position. When resolving the effect, can I choose to destroy Ultimate Conductor Tyranno itself?
    A: When resolving the part of the effect of Ultimate Conductor Tyranno that destroys 1 monster on your field or in your hand, you can choose Ultimate Conductor Tyranno itself. Even in that case, the effect changes all monsters on your opponent’s field to face-down Defense Position normally.

We know that UC Tyranno can be used as a known target to smack everything face down. The closest ruling I can think of would be Crush Card's.

So if we follow this and how Crush Card is ruled (a card that can also destroy cards on field and hand), can Ulti Conductor Tyranno be negated by My Body as a Shield?
    The one guy here who either you'll like or hate based on what I say/what decks I play, who also lurks Twitter and maybe here. Apprentice Lurker in the works ||ω・`)

2. "well, haven't seen a ruling here in forever

I'm going to say, no. Unless your opponent has no cards in their hand or their hand is being revealed and there are no monsters in it, it will not be certain if a Monster "On the field" will be destroyed, meaning its not certain if it meets My buddy as a shields activation requirements

once it IS determined which, it's too late. same logic as Magical Dimension or Snipe Hunter VS Stardust, "It might not happen" = "condition not fulfilled". My body as a shield had the same rulings as stardust

for CCV, it WILL be certain whether or not it will destroy something on the field the moment it's flipped, Ultimate Conductor doesn't necessarily have to pop a card on the field. difference between And & Or Here"

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    well, haven't seen a ruling here in forever

I'm going to say, no. Unless your opponent has no cards in their hand or their hand is being revealed and there are no monsters in it, it will not be certain if a Monster "On the field" will be destroyed, meaning its not certain if it meets My buddy as a shields activation requirements

once it IS determined which, it's too late. same logic as Magical Dimension or Snipe Hunter VS Stardust, "It might not happen" = "condition not fulfilled". My body as a shield had the same rulings as stardust

for CCV, it WILL be certain whether or not it will destroy something on the field the moment it's flipped, Ultimate Conductor doesn't necessarily have to pop a card on the field. difference between And & Or Here
    Last edited by Dread Kaiser; 28th February 2017 at 12:56 AM.
    I don't have a Problem, I have a Hobby.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dread Kaiser View Post
    well, haven't seen a ruling here in forever

for CCV, it WILL be certain whether or not it will destroy something on the field the moment it's flipped, Ultimate Conductor doesn't necessarily have to pop a card on the field. difference between And & Or Here
    Good to know. As long as the official judges don't end up saying "Oh MbaaS > UC Tyranno" and then later rescind that ruling like with Swords of Concealing
    The one guy here who either you'll like or hate based on what I say/what decks I play, who also lurks Twitter and maybe here. Apprentice Lurker in the works ||ω・`)