User Tag List

Thread: Legacy of a HERO and Destiny HERO - Diamond Dude

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Answered: Legacy of a HERO and Destiny HERO - Diamond Dude

Legacy of a HERO:
    Return 2 Fusion Monsters that list a "HERO" monster as Material from your Graveyard to the Extra Deck; draw 3 cards. You can only activate 1 "Legacy of a HERO" per turn.

The part of returning the Fusions to the Extra Deck is a cost? If that, then if I send Legacy of a HERO with Diamond Dude, do I just get the effect of drawing since Diamond Dude makes avoid costs?

2. "
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark-Shimy View Post
    My question is because Pot of Avarice text is a bit similar:
    Target 5 monsters in your Graveyard; shuffle all 5 into the Deck, then draw 2 cards.

The "target 5 monsters in your Graveyard" is a cost? I managed to use Pot of Avarice with Diamond Dude and I had to return the 5 monsters.

Probably the difference is in the part that returning the 5 monsters is part of the effect and not the cost. And the cost is target the 5 monsters.
    Targetting is NOT a cost, but its done at the same time and is also not an effect

I'm on aclosing shift right now so i cant look up the exact text, As you had it written, its behind the semicolon, therefore is not part of the effect

The action structure is:
    Activation requirements: cost and targeting; effect and conditions

Look up the exact text if that wasn't it, and apply it to that, as you currently have it written it's a cost noteffect.

It is the effect on pot of avarice but not on Legacy of a hero. Sometimes this happens."

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Legacy of a HERO:
    Return 2 Fusion Monsters that list a "HERO" monster as Material from your Graveyard to the Extra Deck; draw 3 cards. You can only activate 1 "Legacy of a HERO" per turn.

The part of returning the Fusions to the Extra Deck is a cost? If that, then if I send Legacy of a HERO with Diamond Dude, do I just get the effect of drawing since Diamond Dude makes avoid costs?
    Yeah, thats right. Costs and conditions are irrelevant with diamond dude
    Last edited by Dread Kaiser; 2nd March 2017 at 01:42 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dread Kaiser View Post
    Yeah, thats right. Costs and conditions are irrelevant with diamond dude
    Target 5 monsters in your Graveyard; shuffle all 5 into the Deck, then draw 2 cards.

The "target 5 monsters in your Graveyard" is a cost? I managed to use Pot of Avarice with Diamond Dude and I had to return the 5 monsters.

Probably the difference is in the part that returning the 5 monsters is part of the effect and not the cost. And the cost is target the 5 monsters.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Targetting is NOT a cost, but its done at the same time and is also not an effect

I'm on aclosing shift right now so i cant look up the exact text, As you had it written, its behind the semicolon, therefore is not part of the effect

The action structure is:
    Activation requirements: cost and targeting; effect and conditions

Look up the exact text if that wasn't it, and apply it to that, as you currently have it written it's a cost noteffect.

It is the effect on pot of avarice but not on Legacy of a hero. Sometimes this happens.
    Last edited by Dread Kaiser; 2nd March 2017 at 03:25 AM.