User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Clothes Have Eyes - Phantom Knights

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Clothes Have Eyes - Phantom Knights

Welcome to the new OCG format! A lot of us aren't acquainted with Asian timezones, but we are officially in the 1/10/15 OCG format! So I promised this one awhile back, but for one reason or another, it's taken me awhile to get this one going... DevPro is awful for playtesting online, if you were really curious. But let's talk about the deck. We have a very fun disruptive deck that likes to rank up without actually ranking up. Muzurhythm is slowly becoming my favorite R3 tech choice, but let's look a bit closer, here. The idea here is that we want to spam out our Rank 3's, particularly using the Phantom Knights, but there are actually very few of those. This is why we need other options, too. The Phantom Knights of Break Sword is actually a really good choice compared to what we once had with Scrap Dragon, as popping itself is sometimes ideal.

Depending on what your opponent is playing, going into Dark Rebellion after the tragic loss of your Break Sword may not be ideal. Evilswarm Thanatos here is very happy to cause a lot of problems for monster, oriented decks, boasting a nearly unbeatable 3350 if you make it with a revived Rugged Glove. (It doesn't work twice for the same Xyz Summon, or the same turn, though! Keep that in mind if you want to try the deck out.)

You can do a lot with this deck, using cards like Kagemusha Knight, Crane Crane, and Construction Train Signal Red. Junk Forward is another fantastic choice, and the TCG doesn't need Armageddon Knight at all, with Mathematician at 3.

Registered User Hope in the Interstice's Avatar
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm not an OCG expert by any means but do you need Dark Rebellion at 2? Also, although it isn't DARK, you seem to be confident in your ability to get out Rank 4s nonetheless so I don't think a single copy of Castel would hurt as an all-purpose one problem remover.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    To be able to get out Castel, it would have to have my Break Sword destroyed in my opponent's turn, and still hang on until the next with two extremely vulnerable monsters. I could probably consider swapping out the Black Ship of Corn for it, though.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Thanako View Post
    To be able to get out Castel, it would have to have my Break Sword destroyed in my opponent's turn, and still hang on until the next with two extremely vulnerable monsters. I could probably consider swapping out the Black Ship of Corn for it, though.
    Does the same not apply to all of your Rank 4s, though?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Leviar is too op in the deck, also I like Edge imp Sabres for a reoccurring level 3 when you need it

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hope in the Interstice View Post
    Does the same not apply to all of your Rank 4s, though?
    All of the R4 I currently use are DARK attribute, because of the limitation. Using Break Sword to destroy (it's not your ONLY option, but this can surprisingly save many games) itself to summon another monster wouldn't be possible to make Castel. And, it only works when the card is properly Xyz summoned. Banishing Fog Blade to resummon Break Sword doesn't do much, unless you are pushing for game. (Ignoring that it would be banished anyway)

Quote Originally Posted by Devocrown View Post
    Leviar is too op in the deck, also I like Edge imp Sabres for a reoccurring level 3 when you need it
    Not something I considered, but I'll consider that one. A TGU target is always fun.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Thanako View Post
    All of the R4 I currently use are DARK attribute, because of the limitation. Using Break Sword to destroy (it's not your ONLY option, but this can surprisingly save many games) itself to summon another monster wouldn't be possible to make Castel. And, it only works when the card is properly Xyz summoned. Banishing Fog Blade to resummon Break Sword doesn't do much, unless you are pushing for game. (Ignoring that it would be banished anyway)
    Ah, my mistake. I missed that restriction on Break Sword.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Trust me, nobody would pick half of that over the good staples. But, it's still better than nothing.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Finally, someone acknowledged the Phantom Knights enough to make a deck.

To be honest, it looks decent. I am sure it would look better if other Phantom Knight cards were released, but we will find out soon enough. One thing that piques my interest is the single Mathematician and Kuribandit. Would it not be more consistent to run 2 of either card instead of one of both? My only suggestion is to either remove Mathematician/Kuribandit, then add another Mathematician/Kuribandit, whichever one you plan to use.

Your articles are actually inspiring me to upload some of my deck ideas again. I have got to get busy and playtest some decks to see what still works.
    Currently using: Predator Plant, Pendulum Magician, Zarc Magician, Red-Eyes Interested in: Magibullet, Altergiest, Vullet(?)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Yuuri View Post
    Finally, someone acknowledged the Phantom Knights enough to make a deck.

To be honest, it looks decent. I am sure it would look better if other Phantom Knight cards were released, but we will find out soon enough. One thing that piques my interest is the single Mathematician and Kuribandit. Would it not be more consistent to run 2 of either card instead of one of both? My only suggestion is to either remove Mathematician/Kuribandit, then add another Mathematician/Kuribandit, whichever one you plan to use.

Your articles are actually inspiring me to upload some of my deck ideas again. I have got to get busy and playtest some decks to see what still works.
    mathetmatician is at one so she can't run 2 of it. Kuribandit is also probably just there to be the third ditch effect since there's not much other choice