User Tag List

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: [ACTUAL V-JUMP] More COTD stuff!

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Scapegoat in enemy EP, Link Summon Link Spider, Spider effect, Link for 4 to make Firewall Dragon? For bonus points, Honeybot looks like a perfect right-hand (or left-hand) man for a Firewall Dragon. (EDIT: For extra fun, I just realized my proposed play didn't use up your Normal Summon. With the right card, you could actually GET that Honeybot out the same turn!)

For being fresh out of the gate, some of this Cyverse stuff is looking to have some interesting synergy, and for being a brand-new thing they're already doing some interesting things with Link configurations (compare, for instance, Decode Talker with Firewall Dragon -- one of these is clearly more comfortable/useful in the Extra Monster Zone than the other, and it shows).

As for the other stuff . . . Gouki archetype so far looks like it'd be interesting to fun around with, and Trickster archetype just gave me the goofiest hecking grin. The Death of a Thousand Cuts, in fairy form! And it looks to be rather competently-executed so far -- the main-deck stuff searches more stuff out while still contributing to the burn theme, and the (current) ace benefits from the shenanigans while contributing to them AND protecting them. If both of these archetypes are our other anime archetypes, I'm seriously looking forward to more news on them. (And for us to get more of them out of the gate! PLEASE don't let these be the only three of each!)
    #222937 for invisitext in the Org's dark. Try it out!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Baroque View Post
    Scapegoat in enemy EP, Link Summon Link Spider, Spider effect, Link for 4 to make Firewall Dragon? For bonus points, Honeybot looks like a perfect right-hand (or left-hand) man for a Firewall Dragon. (EDIT: For extra fun, I just realized my proposed play didn't use up your Normal Summon. With the right card, you could actually GET that Honeybot out the same turn!)

For being fresh out of the gate, some of this Cyverse stuff is looking to have some interesting synergy, and for being a brand-new thing they're already doing some interesting things with Link configurations (compare, for instance, Decode Talker with Firewall Dragon -- one of these is clearly more comfortable/useful in the Extra Monster Zone than the other, and it shows).

As for the other stuff . . . Gouki archetype so far looks like it'd be interesting to fun around with, and Trickster archetype just gave me the goofiest hecking grin. The Death of a Thousand Cuts, in fairy form! And it looks to be rather competently-executed so far -- the main-deck stuff searches more stuff out while still contributing to the burn theme, and the (current) ace benefits from the shenanigans while contributing to them AND protecting them. If both of these archetypes are our other anime archetypes, I'm seriously looking forward to more news on them. (And for us to get more of them out of the gate! PLEASE don't let these be the only three of each!)
    Yeah, Link summoning-based decks are looking what I thought they would look like: tons of summoning of monsters, with varying levels, and that doesn't really like splashing all that much.
    Current decks: Salamangreats, Knightmare Cyberse, and Odd-Eyes Performapals
    Originator of the Tulpa Summon, and the homebrewed cards you use with it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    is Star Grail Swordsman Aurum holding nekroz mirror in his hand, the staff is similar to what nekroz of unicore is holding??? wow shocking discovery..lol

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Also, I forgot to mention my disappointment in the lack of easily splashable link monsters in here. All the ones revealed are either archetype specific or a drain on resources for non-link decks. And the Trickster field spell mans that we aren't going to be getting any buddies for Missus Radiant in this set. Maybe they'll have one per set for the next 6 sets?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i wonder how much spaces is available for the Star Grail archetype ......

Registered User Voltanis The Adjudicator's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm confused about Laplace: If its ATK becomes double the original of the monster it battles, not just when it attacks, why bother giving it battle destruction immunity? For the incredibly rare time they have a monster with low original ATK but high boosted ATK? Also it occurs to me that that one Wyrm that switches all monsters ATK and DEF is a Link deck's worst nightmare.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by den13 View Post
    i wonder how much spaces is available for the Star Grail archetype ......
    For the main deck, 6. IF it's an anime archetype, it could go between Gouki Suplex and D/D Vice Typhon. If it's game original, it could go between Typhon and Jain. For the extra deck, up to five, between Gouki the Great Ogre and Gaiasaber.

Quote Originally Posted by Voltanis The Adjudicator View Post
    Also it occurs to me that that one Wyrm that switches all monsters ATK and DEF is a Link deck's worst nightmare.
    Actually, since their DEF value is N/A, not 0, I was under the impression that they weren't affected by card effects that care about DEF, in much the same way Xyz monsters are unaffected by card effects that require levels. At last , that's how I've been playing it with Whip Snake.
    Last edited by Volteccer; 17th March 2017 at 03:07 PM.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would have loved Tricksters with their effects were 300 instead of 200. Killing in your opponent in 27 activations (half that with the field) seems reasonable enough depending on how fast the deck goes, but 40 activation is way too much.
    IRL Decks: Pure Artifact, Lyrilusc (work in progress) and futurely Time Thief
    Online: Trap Monster, Trickstar, Eyes Restrict
    Pre-Link Format: DDD, Heraldic Beast, Chronomaly

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    I would have loved Tricksters with their effects were 300 instead of 200. Killing in your opponent in 27 activations (half that with the field) seems reasonable enough depending on how fast the deck goes, but 40 activation is way too much.
    Honestly, like you said the field definitely halves the number of activations, so that it takes 40 activations (meaning 20 with the field) to waste them with just burn is honestly for the best; however, something I like from seeing this is that it appears to be a theme that, despite having burn as its primary focus, is not restricted to JUST burning things to death -- you have respectable ATK on the main deck monster shown, and the ATK of the Link Monster ramps up as you go on (within the turn, that is), plus the Field Spell will actually activate off of battle damage as well. It's great to see this, because it means that it encourages you to pick up the pace -- to pile on more ticks of damage and get them beat faster, some actual attacking is desired rather than simply stalling (and both the Link Monster AND the field will actually help protect some of these endeavors).
    #222937 for invisitext in the Org's dark. Try it out!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So, I saw the leaks earlier today on work, but couldn'rt reply until now, but yeah, here are my thoughts:

Odd-Eyes Venom Dragon:
    Holy shit! The (1) monster effect is absolutely gorgeous, and he can be summoned with the Zarc Magicians! Even better: Zarc deck usually runs the Odd-Eyes Field Spell, which can trigger the Magician's effects and search Odd-Eyes Fusion. Definitely a must have for the deck, and basically the best boss it got sowards if you compare the required investment and the reward.

D/D/D Superdoom King Darkness Armageddon:
    Looks great on the first sight, but I'm still a bit curious about how some cards will perform in the Link era. Basically: This cards reinforces the Pendulum D/D/D version pretty well, but a Scale 10 would have been a lot better. Many of the cards you would run in Pendulum D/D/D deck have a Scale lower than their level (Abyss Ragnarok, Hell Armageddon, Thomas, etc.). Also, because there are many level 8's already, there is no need to use this guys Pendulum effect to Summon Kali Yuga while waisting all of it's effect, but rather summon Wave King Caesar to search your Dark Contracts. Style wery pleased with this.

Superheavy Samurai Express Tetsudoo:
    I first was shocked that they even buff this, until I realized it needs 2 or more non-Tuners (otherwise he would have been more easily to summon with SHS Thief thant SHS Warlord Susanowo, while having better stats). Basically, this is a very fitting boss for SHS, and I really like it.

Twilight Ninja Jogen:
    Ok

Amazoness Empress:
    Pretty neat, but it sucks that it has no self-protection (at least for effects). Still a good choice for Amazoness (mostly because they are bad though).

Raidraptor - Final Fortress Falcon:
    a.k.a. RR - Ultimate Falcon is still the best. Why?
    - The protection effect is worse than Ultimate Falcon's, since it won't work when summoned from the graveyard with Skip Force.
    - The (2) effect is pointless, since it you cannot use a returned RR - Mimicry Lanius, and you cannot return banished RR Traps and RUMs, and RRs don't banish much of their cards otherwise.
    - The (3) effect is ok, but you cannot use it after attacking directly, so it's hard to use it as a finisher.

On the other hand, Ultimate Falcon has better protection, basically the most potent detach effect in the game, as well as a Continuous-like burn/debuff. And 300 ATK difference don't matter at all...

Abyss Script - Abyssal Entertainment:
    First effect is ok, but holy shit, that second effect... "You removed my backline? Nice try, but next turn I OTK you...!"

Destiny HERO - Dreamguy:
    Basically what I needed for my D-HEROes, so I'm very pleased with it. Now we only miss D-HERO Duskutopia

Gladiator Beast Noxius:
    I guess that's a pretty good handtrap.

Cyverse-Type:
    That'll definitely a dominant deck in the next format. So much Special Summons, so much field presence, so much comeback-ability... Now we just need a decent searcher. Also Firewall Dragon is Yusaku's True Ace, which is ok for me. The effect is really great, and you can actually punish your opponent for using this cards Top-Link. Also, once again: The (2) effect gives you a lot of field presence and comeback-ability.

Three-Strike Barrier:
    So they put all of the generic anime-effects into 1 card this time. I like it. The 3-cards-restriction gives it no use irl though.

Gouki:
    The Link monster basically abuses non-Link and non-Infernoid monsters. They look more like Fiends to me, but as Warriors they are already a decent deck with just the cards so far.

Trickster:
    A decent burn deck? 200 damage means you have to combo a lot though. I still love it so far!

Twilightsworn:
    The Spell is ok, the Trap is meh. Ryko is an ok removal and Lumina is definitely a great card, but Lyla is just ok. The "face-up" restriction sucks a lot.

Star Grail:
    No opinion yet.

D/D/D Destiny King Zero Laplace:
    Another nice addition to Pendulum D/D/Ds. The Scale 1 still sucks, but the effect makes it definitely a better beatstick than Armageddon (the original one). The recovery Pendulum Effect is nice though, since you still can Special Summon any number of Pendulum monsters from your hand.
    Last edited by yshipster; 17th March 2017 at 05:16 PM.

You'll never be "Kurosaki Shun riding a backflipping Revolution Falcon then jumping on a driving motorcycle"-cool.