User Tag List

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Arc-V Episode 147 - D/D/D = Doom/Doom/Doom

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NassX View Post
    despite arc-v's "terrible" ending, it would make the series a bit better if the animation was not ruined by the movie's huge budget
    Animation was still crap long after the Movie aired, so I would say it had to do more with the staff moving onto Vrains rather than the Movie itself (but during Synchro it definitively was the Movie). And anyway, 148 will have good animation, its animated by the one who animated Yuya vs Dennis.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LolsterXD97 View Post
    Animation was still crap long after the Movie aired, so I would say it had to do more with the staff moving onto Vrains rather than the Movie itself (but during Synchro it definitively was the Movie). And anyway, 148 will have good animation, its animated by the one who animated Yuya vs Dennis.
    since it was yuya vs dennis, it will be perfect. I just want good animation for yuya's new dragons and the episode overall
    yeah, synchro arc's animation was shit mostly. Too bad they never got to remake nirvana high paladin's summoning animation in 3d like they were able with ultimate falcon.
    But the animation was the main thing i hated in arc-v. Imagine if yuya was always drawn like in this scene "https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sM5ZQ5_-gkU". He would've been taken a lot more serious instead of the kid-like animation like in here "https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NG-iJV56NWk"

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You lot do realize that the first season had a fair bit of shit animation too don't you?
    Sanokal

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanokal View Post
    You lot do realize that the first season had a fair bit of shit animation too don't you?
    Depends, was it as noticeable as post-Standard? Tbh, I rarely notice shit animation unless its too on the nose (Memory World, three-armed Jack, etc).
    Last edited by LolsterXD97; 21st March 2017 at 01:24 AM.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Depends, was it so noticeable as post-Standard? Tbh, I rarely notice shit animation unless its too on the nose (Memory World, three-armed Jack, etc).
    Episodes 12, the crowd shots in 29, and 35 (and a wee bit of 46 apparently). To be frank, I noticed it less post-Standard, but it's possible that I was desensitized. I did notice it for this episode though.
    Sanokal

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NassX View Post
    since it was yuya vs dennis, it will be perfect. I just want good animation for yuya's new dragons and the episode overall
    yeah, synchro arc's animation was shit mostly. Too bad they never got to remake nirvana high paladin's summoning animation in 3d like they were able with ultimate falcon.
    But the animation was the main thing i hated in arc-v. Imagine if yuya was always drawn like in this scene "https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sM5ZQ5_-gkU". He would've been taken a lot more serious instead of the kid-like animation like in here "https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NG-iJV56NWk"
    Actually, I think the Synchro Arc was by far the best, if you exclude the fact that it was mostly filler. I guess the story writers aren't good enough to tell a decent story without a tournament, but if that's the way it is, I'm fine with it. Synchro Arc gave every character the screen time he deserved, showed some really good character development, had a nice antagonist, one of the best rivals, and definitely the best duels of the entire series.

You'll never be "Kurosaki Shun riding a backflipping Revolution Falcon then jumping on a driving motorcycle"-cool.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by yshipster View Post
    Actually, I think the Synchro Arc was by far the best, if you exclude the fact that it was mostly filler. I guess the story writers aren't good enough to tell a decent story without a tournament, but if that's the way it is, I'm fine with it. Synchro Arc gave every character the screen time he deserved, showed some really good character development, had a nice antagonist, one of the best rivals, and definitely the best duels of the entire series.
    Finally, someone who doesn't hate on it.

While it is my favourite, I'll always admit that the first season was better and that Synchro had its flaws. Regardless, Synchro did little wrong beyond going a tiny bit long and not giving more depth to Duel Academy. People bitching about episode 92 gets on my nerves - what did they think was going to happen?

I still maintain that most of the problems were due to the rush from the premature end of Xyz to the start of the sixth arc. This extra month could have been precious time for the show and it's a shame that they didn't give it more episodes.
    Sanokal

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanokal View Post
    I still maintain that most of the problems were due to the rush from the premature end of Xyz to the start of the sixth arc. This extra month could have been precious time for the show and it's a shame that they didn't give it more episodes.
    Given they didn't have enough material to fill February/March since they used up Zarc and Ray too fast and had to stall for time with this "Make Reira smile" subplot, the extra month would have made things worse.
    Last edited by LolsterXD97; 21st March 2017 at 10:37 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Given they didn't have enough material to fill February/March since they used up Zarc and Ray too fast and had to stall for time with this "Make Reira smile" subplot, the extra month would have made things worse.
    An extra month for the Heartland Arc, and get rid of the Reira Smile Arc, it would have been so easy...

You'll never be "Kurosaki Shun riding a backflipping Revolution Falcon then jumping on a driving motorcycle"-cool.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by yshipster View Post
    An extra month for the Heartland Arc, and get rid of the Reira Smile Arc, it would have been so easy...
    There were lots of episodes which could have been cut to make space for an extended Heartland Arc and even more stuff.
    Last edited by LolsterXD97; 22nd March 2017 at 01:00 AM.