User Tag List

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 42

Thread: Arc-V Episode 147 - D/D/D = Doom/Doom/Doom

  1. #1
    Registered User LolsterXD97's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    1,797
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Arc-V Episode 147 - D/D/D = Doom/Doom/Doom

    Starving Venom copying Scarlight was cool, it did its own Absolute Power Flame (wish it had done its own Dichroic Mirror too when it copied Clear Wing). Yuya being helped by Clear Wing to reach an Action Card too. Other than that, dissapointed Jack had to reccur to Action Card spam along with not getting a RDA upgrade (you can never get enough Double Tuning!). Although the reactions post-Duel were satisfying, Asuka fistbumping Sora was random since they never knew each other, but hey, any screentime the girl gets is thanked because she was treated the worst out of the 5 guest characters, and I never thought we would even see her again.

    Yuya vs Reiji had a great start. Yuya bringing the 4 Dragons again (and in his first turn no less) was badass (although Odd-Eyes Synchron being Pendulum Summoned stood out like a sore thumb, since Yuya had a Scale 3), followed by Reiji countering with his 3 Armageddons that were stopped by Action Cards, but Yuya actually interacted with all the Dragons bar Odd-Eyes to get them (and petted Dark Rebellion on the end. Is this some Yuya x Yuto subtext?). His Dark Contract which allowed him to draw cards was awesome along with his new hybrids, but they didn't get Summon Chants and the specific Spells to Summon them made me cringe. Also, Purplish and Whitest Armageddon aren't the most creative names ever, but still thankful we got them.

    Preview has Odd-Eyes Venom Dragon followed by a Clear Wing x Dark Rebellion hybrid, which is surprising. Looking forward to this Duel, even if I think it should have lasted more. And holy shit, only 1 week left for Arc-V to end. It felt like an eternity following it since I joined the ship when the show was in the Battle Royale (and had to marathon until 45 lol).

  2. #2
    Registered User NassX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    139
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i joined the show after i saw yuya vs reiji on episodes 50/51 on youtube, and really got stick to it.
    Well back to the episode
    That pendulum summon cheating yuya did with odd-eyes synchron was really bad. I mean come on, how could the writers not notice that?
    The spells reiji used were really lazy, extremely lazy. But the episode had 3 minutes left so they had to do it, oh well.
    Reiji's dark contract just copied kaiba's http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Charm_of_Lamentation totally, except for the main phase 2
    D/D/D superdooms' references to zorc, z-one and don thousand were really nice. I'm expecting all 3 to protect each other:
    - purplish can make pendulums not be targeted by card effects
    - whitest can make reiji not take damage and prevents destruction of pendulum monsters (like z-one's timelords)
    - darkness makes pendulum monsters not be destroyed by card effects, so its the perfect combo; something like this

    Also, how did yuya draw a card with card bird's effect if it says "Once per turn, during the End Phase, if this card is in the Graveyard because it was destroyed and sent there this turn: You can draw 1 card." and dark rebellion didn't detach any overlay unit?

    As for episode 148
    Spoiler Alert!
    damn, that clear wing/dark rebellion hybrid is awesome: i'm expecting something like phantom knights possession kind of card to make dark rebellion gain a level and become tuner, so i'm expecting the hybrid to be level 11. I would really like to guess its effect but its so hard to think of one
    Last edited by NassX; 19th March 2017 at 03:02 PM.

  3. #3
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    199
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It is logic that Reiji would be at the end Yuya's final Duel. Reiji managed from the start to master the Fusion, Synchro and Xyz Summons and learnt to use Pendulums, while Yuya mastered Pendulums and had to learn to use Fusions, Synchro and Xyz. The fact of him being Zarc, who originally used those mechanics, was under that. And now Yuya can use all summoning mechanics like Reiji. So it's a true Final Duel.

    Just watched a bit. It is more like a Crystal Wing - Dark Requiem hybrid. But hey, Odd-Eyes Venom looks like Greedy Venom.

    And I think that probably Odd-Eyes Synchron was Normal Summoned instead of Pendulum Summoned.
    Last edited by Dark-Shimy; 19th March 2017 at 05:52 PM.

  4. #4
    Registered User LolsterXD97's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    1,797
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark-Shimy View Post
    And I think that probably Odd-Eyes Synchron was Normal Summoned instead of Pendulum Summoned.
    He Normal Summoned Duck Dealer.

  5. #5
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    199
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Also, that Magician at the preview, it's probably the new Astrograph Magician.

  6. #6
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    199
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Spoiler Alert!


    It's not clear, but it looks like the second Dragon has eyes of two colors, so it's probably an Odd-Eyes x Clear Wing hybrid.

  7. #7
    Registered User KingJinzo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    977
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The episode starts with Yusyo and Jack waiting for Yuya's Entertainment who is chased by the King and his two Red Daemon's.

    Inside the wormhole, Yuya tells them that they should not fear and that they don't need to resort on Zarc to become strong. Right after leaving it and arriving at Academia, Starve Venom's uses its second effect to steal Scarlight's effects and then it uses its own first effect to get a 6500 ATK increase. Then it unleashes an Absolute Power Flame to destroy all of Jack's monsters whose ATK are 9300 or below, but Jack protects his dragons with the Continuous Trap Card Invalid Insensitive from destruction effects.

    The enter the next wormhole and arrive at City. Yuya detaches both Over Ray Units to use Treason Discharge on both Red Daemon's, increasing Dark Rebellion's ATK by 3250 ATK. Starve Venom attacks Tyrant, but Jack flips the Action Card Evasion from that previous turn ago to avoid the attack. Dark Rebellion unleashes its Hangyaku no Lightning Disobey on Tyrant, but Jack grabs Miracle to negate the destruction and halve the Battle Damage. Inside the next wormhole, Clear Wing destroys Tytant with Senpuu no Hell Dive Slasher (I guess that's fate), but Jack sense his Invalid Insensitive to his Graveyard to halve the Battle Damage again. Layra also stops glowing.

    Now back at Maiami City, Yuya declares to attack Scarlight with Odd-Eyes Pendulum which fires its Rasen no Strike Burst, but Jack grabs an Action Card in mid-air, Rejuvenation, which not only protects his very soul, but boosts its ATK by 800. Yuya pulls a similar stunt to grab an Action Card, but he almost fails, but with the help of Clear Wing, Yuya gets it and activates Assault to give Odd-Eyes a 600 ATK boost, which combined with Reaction Force is enough to defeat Jack Atlas. (I haven't seen a boy riding a motorcycle on a dragon again since 5D's). Everyone is happy about this outcome. Jack drives off.

    Reiji arrives with a helicopter...and suddenly the sun sets. Layra hasn't laughed yet and Zarc's evil soul hasn't vanished as well. (Is it me or could the video in the background be VRAIN? The warrior looks similar to Decode Talker, but I checked it. It's not Decode Talker.) Now, we get to the Pro Test. The battle between the strongest Junior Youth duelist and the Youth duelist. Another interdimensional live duel. Yuya Sakaki vs Reiji Akaba. The Action Field is Entermate Colosseum, which the Field they dueled on during their first duel.

    Yuya begins by Normal Summoning Entermate Duck Dealer. Because he has an Entermate on his field, he Special Summons Entermate Card Bird from his hand, which triggers Duck Dealer's Monster Effect and allows Yuya to draw a card. He activates the drawn card, Pendulum Card Burst, to destroy his two Pendulum Monsters and draw to cards (much better than Catastrophe Draw, but it will become rather impracticle with the new rules). Then Yuya sets his Entermate Odd-Eyes Priest and Entermate Ignition Eagle on his Pendulum Zones (what's up with him and his new birds?), setting up a 3-10 Scale and he Pendulum Summons five monsters: Odd-Eyes Pendulum Dragon, Odd-Eyes Dissolver, Entermate Odd-Eyes Synchron (which is impossible since it is Level 2), Duck Dealer and Card Bird. The fun has just getting started and Yuya is ready to summon the other three dragons. Yuya fuses Dissolver with Odd-Eyes Priest to Fusion Summon Starve Venom Fusion Dragon, then he tunes Ignition Eagle with Odd-Eyes Synchron to Synchro Summon Clear Wing Synchro Dragon, and he overlays Duck Dealer and Card Bird to Xyz Summon Dark Rebellion Xyz Dragon. During the End Phase, since Card Bird was destroyed that turn, Yuya draws a card.

    Reiji sets his DD Savants Corpernicus and Newton and creates a 1-10 Scale and he Pendulum Summons three Hell Armageddons. (Aren't we sure he's cheating. Yuya has magic on his side, but Reiji could stacked his deck.) One of the Hell Armeddons attacks Starve Venom. While Allen expects Yuya to use his rollerboots, Yuya jumps on Starve Venom's claw and grabs an Action Card with his dragon's aid, using Evasion to evade the attack. The second Hell Armageddon attacks Clear Wing, but Yuya jumps on that dragon and flies through the field to grab Miracle and reduce the damage to 250. The final Hell Armageddon attacks Dark Rebellion, but Yuya dives in mid-air to grab High Dive to boost that dragon's ATK by 1000, lands on his dragon and defeats that Hell Armageddon with Hangyaku no Lightning Disobey. Yuya thanks his three dragons for their great job. Odd-Eyes gets jealous because it hasn't been praised yet. Yuya gets flashbacks through the Pendulum, Zarc's memories to be precised. Layra is crying by the way.

    Reiji continues his turn and activates Dark Contract with Abyss Insurance, and since at least one of his monster has battled and three of Yuya's monsters were not destroyed, he draws three cards. He activates DDD Fusion to fuse that Spell Card with a Hell Armageddon to Fusion Summon DDD Superdeath King Purplish Hell Armageddon, then he activates DDD Synchro and treats the Spell Card as a Level 2 Tuner and tunes it with his remaining Level 8 Hell Armageddon to Synchro Summon DDD Superdeath King Whitest Hell Armageddon and finally he activates DDD Xyz to Special Summon to Hell Armageddon from his Extra Deck and overlays them to Xyz Summon DDD Superdeath King Darkness Hell Armageddon. (Okay, those three have longer names than DDD Wave Oblivion King Caesar Ragnarok.) Darkness Hell Armageddon's effect allows him to attach the third Hell Armageddon on the Extra Deck as its Over Ray Unit, giving it a total amount of three Over Ray Units.

    Preview:
    Spoiler Alert!

    -Yuya vs Reiji continues.
    -Old faces.
    -Yuri, Yugo and Yuto help Yuya out.
    -Yuya jumps to grab an Action Card.
    -We see a Magician who has a galaxy in his eyes.
    -Odd-Eyes Venom Dragon and a Dark Rebellion/Clear Wing-hybrid. Clear Wing is the dominant part, so it might be a Synchro Monster. (How would that work? Xyz makes more sense.)
    -No signs of Yuzu.


    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Dark-Shimy View Post
    Spoiler Alert!


    It's not clear, but it looks like the second Dragon has eyes of two colors, so it's probably an Odd-Eyes x Clear Wing hybrid.
    For me it looks like it has one eye color. You mean the right one, right?
    I FUCKING HATE DUB NAMES! I HATE DUB NAMES SO MUCH!

  8. #8
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    199
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KingJinzo View Post
    The episode starts with Yusyo and Jack waiting for Yuya's Entertainment who is chased by the King and his two Red Daemon's.

    Inside the wormhole, Yuya tells them that they should not fear and that they don't need to resort on Zarc to become strong. Right after leaving it and arriving at Academia, Starve Venom's uses its second effect to steal Scarlight's effects and then it uses its own first effect to get a 6500 ATK increase. Then it unleashes an Absolute Power Flame to destroy all of Jack's monsters whose ATK are 9300 or below, but Jack protects his dragons with the Continuous Trap Card Invalid Insensitive from destruction effects.

    The enter the next wormhole and arrive at City. Yuya detaches both Over Ray Units to use Treason Discharge on both Red Daemon's, increasing Dark Rebellion's ATK by 3250 ATK. Starve Venom attacks Tyrant, but Jack flips the Action Card Evasion from that previous turn ago to avoid the attack. Dark Rebellion unleashes its Hangyaku no Lightning Disobey on Tyrant, but Jack grabs Miracle to negate the destruction and halve the Battle Damage. Inside the next wormhole, Clear Wing destroys Tytant with Senpuu no Hell Dive Slasher (I guess that's fate), but Jack sense his Invalid Insensitive to his Graveyard to halve the Battle Damage again. Layra also stops glowing.

    Now back at Maiami City, Yuya declares to attack Scarlight with Odd-Eyes Pendulum which fires its Rasen no Strike Burst, but Jack grabs an Action Card in mid-air, Rejuvenation, which not only protects his very soul, but boosts its ATK by 800. Yuya pulls a similar stunt to grab an Action Card, but he almost fails, but with the help of Clear Wing, Yuya gets it and activates Assault to give Odd-Eyes a 600 ATK boost, which combined with Reaction Force is enough to defeat Jack Atlas. (I haven't seen a boy riding a motorcycle on a dragon again since 5D's). Everyone is happy about this outcome. Jack drives off.

    Reiji arrives with a helicopter...and suddenly the sun sets. Layra hasn't laughed yet and Zarc's evil soul hasn't vanished as well. (Is it me or could the video in the background be VRAIN? The warrior looks similar to Decode Talker, but I checked it. It's not Decode Talker.) Now, we get to the Pro Test. The battle between the strongest Junior Youth duelist and the Youth duelist. Another interdimensional live duel. Yuya Sakaki vs Reiji Akaba. The Action Field is Entermate Colosseum, which the Field they dueled on during their first duel.

    Yuya begins by Normal Summoning Entermate Duck Dealer. Because he has an Entermate on his field, he Special Summons Entermate Card Bird from his hand, which triggers Duck Dealer's Monster Effect and allows Yuya to draw a card. He activates the drawn card, Pendulum Card Burst, to destroy his two Pendulum Monsters and draw to cards (much better than Catastrophe Draw, but it will become rather impracticle with the new rules). Then Yuya sets his Entermate Odd-Eyes Priest and Entermate Ignition Eagle on his Pendulum Zones (what's up with him and his new birds?), setting up a 3-10 Scale and he Pendulum Summons five monsters: Odd-Eyes Pendulum Dragon, Odd-Eyes Dissolver, Entermate Odd-Eyes Synchron (which is impossible since it is Level 2), Duck Dealer and Card Bird. The fun has just getting started and Yuya is ready to summon the other three dragons. Yuya fuses Dissolver with Odd-Eyes Priest to Fusion Summon Starve Venom Fusion Dragon, then he tunes Ignition Eagle with Odd-Eyes Synchron to Synchro Summon Clear Wing Synchro Dragon, and he overlays Duck Dealer and Card Bird to Xyz Summon Dark Rebellion Xyz Dragon. During the End Phase, since Card Bird was destroyed that turn, Yuya draws a card.

    Reiji sets his DD Savants Corpernicus and Newton and creates a 1-10 Scale and he Pendulum Summons three Hell Armageddons. (Aren't we sure he's cheating. Yuya has magic on his side, but Reiji could stacked his deck.) One of the Hell Armeddons attacks Starve Venom. While Allen expects Yuya to use his rollerboots, Yuya jumps on Starve Venom's claw and grabs an Action Card with his dragon's aid, using Evasion to evade the attack. The second Hell Armageddon attacks Clear Wing, but Yuya jumps on that dragon and flies through the field to grab Miracle and reduce the damage to 250. The final Hell Armageddon attacks Dark Rebellion, but Yuya dives in mid-air to grab High Dive to boost that dragon's ATK by 1000, lands on his dragon and defeats that Hell Armageddon with Hangyaku no Lightning Disobey. Yuya thanks his three dragons for their great job. Odd-Eyes gets jealous because it hasn't been praised yet. Yuya gets flashbacks through the Pendulum, Zarc's memories to be precised. Layra is crying by the way.

    Reiji continues his turn and activates Dark Contract with Abyss Insurance, and since at least one of his monster has battled and three of Yuya's monsters were not destroyed, he draws three cards. He activates DDD Fusion to fuse that Spell Card with a Hell Armageddon to Fusion Summon DDD Superdeath King Purplish Hell Armageddon, then he activates DDD Synchro and treats the Spell Card as a Level 2 Tuner and tunes it with his remaining Level 8 Hell Armageddon to Synchro Summon DDD Superdeath King Whitest Hell Armageddon and finally he activates DDD Xyz to Special Summon to Hell Armageddon from his Extra Deck and overlays them to Xyz Summon DDD Superdeath King Darkness Hell Armageddon. (Okay, those three have longer names than DDD Wave Oblivion King Caesar Ragnarok.) Darkness Hell Armageddon's effect allows him to attach the third Hell Armageddon on the Extra Deck as its Over Ray Unit, giving it a total amount of three Over Ray Units.

    Preview:
    Spoiler Alert!

    -Yuya vs Reiji continues.
    -Old faces.
    -Yuri, Yugo and Yuto help Yuya out.
    -Yuya jumps to grab an Action Card.
    -We see a Magician who has a galaxy in his eyes.
    -Odd-Eyes Venom Dragon and a Dark Rebellion/Clear Wing-hybrid. Clear Wing is the dominant part, so it might be a Synchro Monster. (How would that work? Xyz makes more sense.)
    -No signs of Yuzu.


    - - - Updated - - -



    For me it looks like it has one eye color. You mean the right one, right?
    Yeah, the other one we all know it's Odd-Eyes Venom.

  9. #9
    Registered User NassX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    139
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, knowing konami and the anime hate synchros, they will make the new hybrid an xyz one

  10. #10
    Registered User Destiny91's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    667
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, Clear Wing/Dark Rebellion Hybrid has no Xyz materials floating around it, so it's almost sure that it is a Synchro.


Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •