User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Collecting

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Collecting

Hey everyone. I was just wondering what other people collect in regards to Yugioh. What kind of cards do you tend to collect? Outside of just cards, is there anything else Yugioh related you're trying to collect?
    Within the last couple of years, I've started collecting entire sets. I started around the time Secrets of Eternity came out, even though it wasn't the greatest set. I think I mainly got it for Infernoids, But anyway. I've got most of the Arc V sets, minus a few really expensive cards here and there. I've also been buying a few older sets, since they're pretty cheap, mainly full holo sets like Hidden Arsenal. I still need to put everything in binders though. At the moment most of my collection is all in storage boxes.
    Other than cards, I've been collecting old Shonen Jump magazines. I had a lot of them as a kid, but I never took care of them and they got torn up and thrown away. I eventually hope to collect every single printed Shonen Jump.
    The other weird thing I've started collecting is old empty tins. Like the magazines, I bought a lot of the tins as a kid, but never thought of keeping the tins and just through them away. So I'm re buying empty tins, mainly because they're nostalgic and I think they look pretty. I thought about collecting sealed tins, but that's so expensive I'd probably have to sell a kidney.

Anyway. Let me know what you guys think.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I tend to collect character decks and dinosaurs.
    Sanokal

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Character decks, Shiny impractical stuff (Tri Horn Dragon, serpent Night Dragon, the old Structure deck ultras, etc) and anything that holds any amount of awesome to it that comes in sets (The Earthbound Gods, every Artwork of the Blue-eyes or an entire page of Kozmo Soartroopers so I can say "THE LEGION COMES" or "SOARTROOPER MARKSMEN ACADEMY CLASS OF 2015" or whenever anyone flips to that page)
    I don't have a Problem, I have a Hobby.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I collect important cards from the anime, Like the Egyptian Gods, or the Signer Dragons, and whatnot. Right now I have most sets complete, except for the Numbers.
    Current deck: Odd-Eyes Performapals
    Originator of the Tulpa Summon, and the homebrewed cards you use with it.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I collect anything that caughts my intrest, no specific sets of cards

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    One of my biggest regrets in my life is getting rid of my original Yugioh Collection in 2007. I'm not trying to shit on anyone's religion or anything, but I went through a horribly cringey Christian phase as a kid. A church pastor convinced me that anything that took time away from god is an idol and a sin. So I ended up selling all of my Yugioh cards to a cousin for $40, and also got rid of almost all of my video games; which included a Sega Genesis, N64, PS1, PS2, Gamecube, and Wii. It wouldn't be until 5 years later that I realized what an idiot I had been.
    As far as my collection goes, who knows how much money I lost. I had a lot of the classic stuff ranging from the original starter decks and LOB, going all the way to Power of the Duelist. I think the last thing I bought before quitting was Machine Re-Volt Structure Deck. All I know is that a few years after I sold my cards to my cousin, he and my uncle sold most of them on Ebay for a decent amount of money. On the other hand though, maybe it's not such a bad thing that I got rid of my original collection. As a kid, I never used card sleeves and I'd just shove all my cards into my pockets and carry them around. So none of them were NM by any means, and a lot of them were probably in not so great condition. Still, I've yet to get around to recollecting everything I once owned. During that time, my two favorite cards in my collection were Five Headed Dragon and Dragon Master Knight. The card I miss the most from my old collection would be my Duel Master's Guide Secret Rare Dark Paladin.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I got back into Yugioh in 2012 during the Zexal Era. For some weird reason Yugioh all of a sudden became cool my junior year of high school, even though usually it was considered "uncool" and you'd get bullied for it. Anyway, I ended up buying XYZ Symphony Starter Deck to play with some friends. I never had much money around that time, and neither did my friends. So eventually I just started shoplifting to get new cards. At first it was just for me, but then my friends wanted me to get cards for them. I ended up getting a reputation at school for being a shoplifter, and eventually people started paying me to steal things for them. Yugioh, Pokemon, Magic The Gathering, and Sports Cards. Eventually I moved up to bigger items, and it turned into career shoplifting. As far as Yugioh goes, I mainly stole decks, several 2010 and 2011 tins, and so many 2012 tins and Legendary Collection 3's that I lost count. Ironically, for all the Legendary Collections I stole, I never got a single Exodia piece.
    Anyway. I'm not writing this to brag or over glorify shoplifting. What I did was wrong. I never did get caught, though I did have one instance where I set off security tag and had to run. That's a pretty embarrassing story. Eventually my older sister found out, and put a stop to it. She made me promise to stop, with the threat that she would cut my hands off if I ever did it again. And she's really crazy enough that she probably would. Luckily, I ended up going to Basic Training for the US Army. I didn't get to go all the way through due to a previous injury causing problems. But at the very least, the Army taught me discipline and made me an honest man.
    Since then, I got rid of most of the cards I collected from shoplifting. At one point I had about $2,000 worth of shoplifted cards. Most of the holos I gave to friends, and all the bulk commons I had I gave to the local Boys and Girls Club.

- - - Updated - - -

I don't know why I felt like telling all of this. Sometimes I just feel nostalgic and like to reminisce.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucian Cipher View Post
    One of my biggest regrets in my life is getting rid of my original Yugioh Collection in 2007. I'm not trying to shit on anyone's religion or anything, but I went through a horribly cringey Christian phase as a kid. A church pastor convinced me that anything that took time away from god is an idol and a sin. So I ended up selling all of my Yugioh cards to a cousin for $40, and also got rid of almost all of my video games; which included a Sega Genesis, N64, PS1, PS2, Gamecube, and Wii. It wouldn't be until 5 years later that I realized what an idiot I had been.
    As far as my collection goes, who knows how much money I lost. I had a lot of the classic stuff ranging from the original starter decks and LOB, going all the way to Power of the Duelist. I think the last thing I bought before quitting was Machine Re-Volt Structure Deck. All I know is that a few years after I sold my cards to my cousin, he and my uncle sold most of them on Ebay for a decent amount of money. On the other hand though, maybe it's not such a bad thing that I got rid of my original collection. As a kid, I never used card sleeves and I'd just shove all my cards into my pockets and carry them around. So none of them were NM by any means, and a lot of them were probably in not so great condition. Still, I've yet to get around to recollecting everything I once owned. During that time, my two favorite cards in my collection were Five Headed Dragon and Dragon Master Knight. The card I miss the most from my old collection would be my Duel Master's Guide Secret Rare Dark Paladin.
    Even in tatters, they are still your cards. No matter the condition, they can be important to you.

In return, not to sound blasphemous, but it was ultimately your decision. Nor should the judgment of one individual be the deciding factor. If it made you genuinely uncomfortable, perhaps it would have been best to set it aside.
    Sanokal

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanokal View Post
    Even in tatters, they are still your cards. No matter the condition, they can be important to you.

In return, not to sound blasphemous, but it was ultimately your decision. Nor should the judgment of one individual be the deciding factor. If it made you genuinely uncomfortable, perhaps it would have been best to set it aside.
    I don't know. I think a big part of my collecting spree, is that I'm trying to get back all the things that I feel religion has taken away from me. I was only 13 years old at the time, and it kinda seems like the leaders of the church used my trust of them to take advantage of me. It was like "Oh everything you enjoy in life is evil, so sell all that stuff and give X amount of money to the church."
    Again, I'm not trying to insult anyone's beliefs. My problem is with extremism. And that's exactly the kind of church I went to and the person I was.

Ravensdale, Washington, United States of America
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would say my most treasured collection of Yu-Gi-Oh cards is my complete secret rare sets from Retro Packs 1 and 2. I have never met anyone else who has all of secret rares from those sets.

I don't want to brag here but my collection binder that I take to tier 2 events such as regionals and YCS', usually gets people jaws to drop. I am very proud of the collection I have amassed since 2002.

I can't pick out a single card out of the collection in that binder that I would say is my #1 favorite but I certainly have a top 10 or so, depending on the day of course lol.
    Please check out my Yu-Gi-Oh product opening channel! I usually drink beer while opening!
    Please like and subscribe and thank y'all kindly!
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCQX...EKw51lPfngMELg