User Tag List

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: [VRAINS] Major Announcement of Details

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Erickdsl View Post
    At least her deck has searchers and a direction unlike Yuzu's. It seems to be more playable than melodious and whatever trash Kotori used in Zexal, that's a decent start. Who knows, she might end up being not completely useless. I hope.
    Don't use the real-life versions of cards as a reference to their anime counterparts. My bet is that all of the Trickstars will be stripped down to one effect in the anime. The OCG likes to add additional effects when they are released in real life to make them viable.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Michelle View Post
    It's not called Jojo's sensible adventure.
    and Jojo's is 907 chapters long, and counting

not having plot holes would be amazing
    I don't have a Problem, I have a Hobby.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Silence View Post
    I didn't see if anyone else suggested this, but what if Decode Talker is Yusaku's ace and Firewall Dragon is Playmaker's? It could lead to a cool moment where his cover is blown because he has to Summon Firewall as himself (and enforces the statement that Decode Talker is his ace).
    I would say Decode Talker is Playmaker's Ace and Firewall Dragon is Yusaku's. I'm merely basing it on how Decode Talker has a yellow bright around it while Firewall Dragon has a blue one in the poster, and also how the former is closer to Playmaker while the latter is closer to Yusaku.
    Last edited by LolsterXD97; 25th March 2017 at 02:24 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by King View Post
    Jojo has a fuckton of plot holes but nobody says its a bad story

Fuck didn't want to use Jojo as example but...
    Considering that Jojo is supposed to be nonsensical and still manages to hold itself up as a story pretty well while keeping varied and fresh with each part, I don't think the two are comparable. A decent amount of the "plot holes" are also expendable or due to a bad translation. There are still plot holes, just not as many as people say. This is a whole different topic though.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by XBrain130 View Post
    ...she what?
    It's a punny joke. The manga named Citrus got its anime adaptation announced shortly after that article came out. "Yuzu" means "citrus" and the main character shares the same name with our heroine. That character's main love interest is her adoptive sister by the way. Whenever I google "yuzu" alone, I find pictures of a citrus, Yuzu Hiiragi, Yuzu(ko) Aihara from that manga, and Yuzu Kurosaki from Bleach.
    I FUCKING HATE DUB NAMES! I HATE DUB NAMES SO MUCH!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I guess I will throw my two cents on the whole female yugioh character thing and just say that I feel that Yuzu is the best yugioh girl by far. I know other will disagree because of her obvious lack of presence in the anime since the friendship cup, but heck she was a good character. She was competent as a duelist, her track record does not only have the most wins from any yugioh girl, but she also has the most duels. Her personality was a good contrast to Yuya and worked very well for the anime. She was also a supportive crutch to yuya without being just a side lined cheerleader.

I know that the studio put her on the shelf, but to be fair her being captured and constantly chased was due to her plot relevancy. She was a major element for the main antagonist plans which had served as the underlining plot of the whole anime. What she lacked was any redemption for her long run of being a damsel in distress, but to be fair ARC-V did not do many characters justice from the XYZ dimension to the end.

I love the other yugioh girls, but you can tell that the studio this time around at least tried to make a good yugioh girl. Don't get me wrong Aki was good in the first half of the series. Her character was different, dark and full of pain a complete 180 from other yugioh girls. Her dueling skill was top notch and her being a signer gave her plot relevance not to mention she sported some deadly powers and was the sexiest YGO girl imo. But by the second part of the season her dueling was weak, her character was reduced to the cheerleader that loved the protagonist, her plot relevancy as a signer was no more and the powers that she had come to accept through heart staking moments was just taken from her. Not to mention that she was completely cast away for crow who had a more marketable deck allowing him to sneak in to the top 3 spot for major characters of the series.

Asuka was well... A joke. She was supposed to be the queen of obelisk blue, but served to be quickly reduced to a cheerleader. granted it hurts because people actually thought that we would see a good female duelist since the original series didn't do much with female characters, but she did not live up to who she could have really been as a character.

People give Kotori crap from being useless, but I like Kotori since her and Anzu shared the same role. The cheerleaders and support to the protagonist. Both Anzu and Kotori did their jobs very well. There was also Mai, who I did like, but she was hardly good. She lost every duel that was not a filler and even when she was introduced, you find out that she was a cheater. She was very fun to have around and heck she was a nice taste of sex appeal, she was also pretty reliable in terms of being a support system, but she would not be considered the best. I won't even get into Zexal's other females that had potential like Anna, Kathey and Rio.

I think that Yuzu was the best example of a competent female duelist, who was plot relevant and had a great character that made people root for her. I think that the studio needs to expand on what they did with Yuzu to hopefully make Aoi into an actual good female character.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The last thing I want to say on the female character angle is that I hope Aoi breaks the streak and is actually a good character in the second half of the series.
    Current decks: Salamangreats, Knightmare Cyberse, and Odd-Eyes Performapals
    Originator of the Tulpa Summon, and the homebrewed cards you use with it.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by haloichigo1 View Post
    I guess I will throw my two cents on the whole female yugioh character thing and just say that I feel that Yuzu is the best yugioh girl by far. I know other will disagree because of her obvious lack of presence in the anime since the friendship cup, but heck she was a good character. She was competent as a duelist, her track record does not only have the most wins from any yugioh girl, but she also has the most duels. Her personality was a good contrast to Yuya and worked very well for the anime. She was also a supportive crutch to yuya without being just a side lined cheerleader.

I know that the studio put her on the shelf, but to be fair her being captured and constantly chased was due to her plot relevancy. She was a major element for the main antagonist plans which had served as the underlining plot of the whole anime. What she lacked was any redemption for her long run of being a damsel in distress, but to be fair ARC-V did not do many characters justice from the XYZ dimension to the end.

I love the other yugioh girls, but you can tell that the studio this time around at least tried to make a good yugioh girl. Don't get me wrong Aki was good in the first half of the series. Her character was different, dark and full of pain a complete 180 from other yugioh girls. Her dueling skill was top notch and her being a signer gave her plot relevance not to mention she sported some deadly powers and was the sexiest YGO girl imo. But by the second part of the season her dueling was weak, her character was reduced to the cheerleader that loved the protagonist, her plot relevancy as a signer was no more and the powers that she had come to accept through heart staking moments was just taken from her. Not to mention that she was completely cast away for crow who had a more marketable deck allowing him to sneak in to the top 3 spot for major characters of the series.

Asuka was well... A joke. She was supposed to be the queen of obelisk blue, but served to be quickly reduced to a cheerleader. granted it hurts because people actually thought that we would see a good female duelist since the original series didn't do much with female characters, but she did not live up to who she could have really been as a character.

People give Kotori crap from being useless, but I like Kotori since her and Anzu shared the same role. The cheerleaders and support to the protagonist. Both Anzu and Kotori did their jobs very well. There was also Mai, who I did like, but she was hardly good. She lost every duel that was not a filler and even when she was introduced, you find out that she was a cheater. She was very fun to have around and heck she was a nice taste of sex appeal, she was also pretty reliable in terms of being a support system, but she would not be considered the best. I won't even get into Zexal's other females that had potential like Anna, Kathey and Rio.

I think that Yuzu was the best example of a competent female duelist, who was plot relevant and had a great character that made people root for her. I think that the studio needs to expand on what they did with Yuzu to hopefully make Aoi into an actual good female character.
    Yuzu is still the best in my opinion. Aki had struggle due to Crow's presense (nothing against that guy and people tend to exaggerate him being a spotlight-stealing squad despite Yusei and Jack do exactly the same thing and actually get upgraded dragons) and the whole cult issue. It would've been better if they used the rotation system during the WRGP a lot more, so Aki would have gotten spotlight. Or at least they could have put her in the first three matches, and the last two they put Crow. But I like her development during her stay in the hospital which led her to being the opposite of the Black Rose Witch she used to be.

Asuka was the first female heroine to be a genuine duelist, so at least they tried. At least, she is one of the three people who actually defeated a Seven Stars Assassin (with 3/7 of them being jokes), something that Misawa and Kaiser should also have deserved. Season 2 was okay, but you can't really blame being put to the sidelines from season 3 onwards when everyone else of the actual main cast (except Judai of course), suffered the same fate. Introducing the transfer students plus the inclusion of Edo and Kaiser made the main cast irrelevant for the most part and the most important role they had was being a sacrifice. Asuka at least wasn't as treated as Misawa. Some people say Misawa had it coming, but they could have done much better with him. Sho was handled well, Hell Kaiser at least wasn't actual evil, Chronos got development as well, but Kenzan, Asuka, Misawa and especially Manjoume were mistreated.

I have nothing against cheerleading characters like Anzu and Kotori. At least they gave eye candy and that's enough for me. And since the franchise runs by the power of friendship, their very presence is enough. Hell, 5D's was basically this: "6 people have a dragon bond, and their feelings are so strong, they give one of them new cards out of nowhere or blatantly allow one of them to draw five Tuner Monsters in a row".

Aoi's role is still a open in the air. They can't possibly do the same to her as with Yuzu and make her an important key character deeply tied into the plot, but at least they could pull the thing they attempted on Aki: by making her a regular main duelistwho actually matters. Duel Monsters had Yugi, Jounouchi and Kaiba, GX had Judai and that's it, 5D's had Yusei, Jack and Crow, ZEXAL had Yuma, Shark and Kaito, ARC-V had Yuya, Yugo, Kurosaki and Reiji (nothing against Gongenzaka, but you can't compare him with the other four, and he is very "definition" of a supporting character).
    I FUCKING HATE DUB NAMES! I HATE DUB NAMES SO MUCH!

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by haloichigo1 View Post
    Problem with Kotori wasn't that she was *Merely* useless, it was that she was shoehorned into almost every episode, ESPECIALLY ones she had no place in whatsoever (like the Duel coaster, for example), and STILL contributed absolutely nothing. in plenty of Episodes "YUMA!" was literally the only line she had. literally that one word, and nothing more. but was still in nearly every scene.

There is useless, then there is being a cardboard cutout with a voice recording. ...THEN there is Kotori, who is an OMNIPRESENT cardboard cutout with a broken voice recording

it's less the cheerleading, and more being a spotlight stealing creator's pet and what little she actually did could have been been done by literally anyone 99% of the time.
    Not that she did that much cheerleading, I am not exaggerating when I say "YUMA!!!!" was 50% of her total Dialogue, at minimum.
    I don't have a Problem, I have a Hobby.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not sure if this was posted already but here is the teaser

https://youtu.be/jXoAN5zdsbM
    Last edited by haloichigo1; 26th March 2017 at 05:35 AM.