Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: [VRAINS] Major Announcement of Details

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[VRAINS] Major Announcement of Details

Including Staff, Yusaku’s Voice Actor, Music and Plot Outline

The animated series “Yu-Gi-Oh! VRAINS”, based on the work of Takahashi Kazuki, will have 石毛翔弥 (Ishige Shouya) as the voice of main character Fujiki Yusaku (a.k.a. Playmaker), who is a previously bit role actor in shows like “orange” and “Siren”

Fujiki Yusaku is a high schoool student who dislikes standing out. In the new VR Space which is the stage for Duels in this new series, he takes on the alias “Playmaker”. Along with this cast announcement, we also introduce the Key Visual of Playmaker.

This animated series’ opening theme will be “With the Wind” by 富永TOMMY弘明 who has song songs for previous animated series like “Jojo’s Bizzare Adventure” (Sono Chi no Sadame.) The Director is Masahiro Hosoda. Series Direction is Yohida Shin. The animation studio is Gallop, and it will begin airing on TV Tokyo starting in May 2017.

Original Idea: Takahashi Kazuki & Studio Dice (Weekly Shonen Jump)
    Director: 細田雅弘 Masahiro Hosoda (Directed “Virgin Fleet” and “Dragonball Z: Battle of Gods”)
    Series Direction: 吉田伸 Yoshida Shin (Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D’s 27 onwards and Yu-Gi-Oh! ZEXAL)
    Duel Compositon: 彦久保雅博 Masahiro Hikokubo
    Character Design: 原憲一 Hara Kenichi
    Sound Director: 松岡裕紀 Matsuoka Hiroki (Sound Director for Yu-Gi-Oh! The Dark Side of Dimensions)
    Music: 光宗信吉 Mitsumune Shikichi (Speed Grapher, Familiar of Zero, Rozen Maiden)
    Animation Studio: ぎゃろっぷ Gallop
    Production: テレビ東京 NAS (TV Tokyo) / (Nihon Ad Systems)

Source

Animated Series “Yu-Gi-Oh! VRAINS” Story Introduction”
    There is a city where network systems have evolved: Den City(デンシティ ). In this city, with the advanced network technology developed by the corporation “SOL Technology”, a Virtual Reality space called “LINK VRAINS” has been developed, and in this VR Space people became excited over the latest way to Duel.

However, in 『LINK VRAINS』, a mysterious hacker group that hacks via Dueling has appeared: ハノイの騎士 (The Knights of Hanoi). Their goal is to destroy the “AI World” known as “Cyberse” that exists somewhere in the depths of the Network.

However, there is one Duelist who stands against the threat to 『LINK VRAINS』. His name is “Playmaker”. He has become famous in the Network World for crushing the “Knights of Hanoi” in fierce Duels, without mentioning his name. But the true identity of “Playmaker” is ordinary high school student “Fujiki Yusaku”, who pursues the “Knights of Hanoi” that appear in VRAINS in order to find out the truth of an incident that happened in the past.

Source
    IRL Decks: Pure Artifact, Lyrilusc (work in progress) and futurely Time Thief
    Online: Trap Monster, Trickstar, Eyes Restrict
    Pre-Link Format: DDD, Heraldic Beast, Chronomaly

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    Series Direction: 吉田伸 Yoshida Shin (Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D’s 27 onwards and Yu-Gi-Oh! ZEXAL)
    Hmmm, I can already taste the incoming salt
    Cubic, Cyber Angel, Gimmick Puppet, Lunalight, Lyrilusc, Melodious, Performapal Odd-Eyes Magician, Phantom Knights, Predaplant, Qli, Raidraptor, Speedroid, Supreme King Magician, Windwitch

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sono chi no sademe YuYu!

Shin Yoshida is responsible for the Zexal Manga Story. Good sign

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Gotta say, I love the plot already.
    I think it's the first time a Yugioh series has a well defined plot before even starting to air. I mean, we even know about the antagonist and their plans.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Destiny91 View Post
    I think it's the first time a Yugioh series has a well defined plot before even starting to air. I mean, we even know about the antagonist and their plans.
    I think Arc-V had a vague outline for the plot, but didn't tell the viewers because they wanted to Mystery Box it. By the end of the first month, we got episode 5, which was filled to the brim with foreshadowing.

I do thing these Knights are going to be interesting, as long as it doesn't lead to a straight Villain of the Week situation.
    Current decks: Salamangreats, Knightmare Cyberse, and Odd-Eyes Performapals
    Originator of the Tulpa Summon, and the homebrewed cards you use with it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by XBrain130 View Post
    Hmmm, I can already taste the incoming salt
    Episode 27 of 5d's is the beginning of the Dark Signer Arc

Zexal is Zexal...this is going to be all good or all bad...there is no middle ground...

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So it's kinda like a superhero story.

"During the day Yusaku Fujiki is a normal student, but when the night falls he unleashes his alterego "The Playmaker". Protecting the city against the evil Knights of Hanoi."

Ehh... it's ok. As long as the duels are good, i'm in.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So the main villain is a vietnamese terrorist group ?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by King View Post
    So the main villain is a vietnamese terrorist group ?
    The first thing that came to my mind is the Tower of Hanoi puzzle. Mostly because, in that puzzle, position is important, just like with link summoning.
    Current decks: Salamangreats, Knightmare Cyberse, and Odd-Eyes Performapals
    Originator of the Tulpa Summon, and the homebrewed cards you use with it.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And there goes any chance of a good female character

Also, wasn't it stated that Yusaku wasn't actually that interested in dueling, Now he is a card game Anti-terrorist?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Destiny91 View Post
    to be fair, that "Destory the virtual world" plan is so horribly generic there isn't much point in hiding it

now WHY they want to do it, is the question.

Now lets just hope it's executed well......
    I don't have a Problem, I have a Hobby.