User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: ARC-V Episode 148: The End of the Era of Four Dragons

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The only thing i disliked about this last duel was the amount of hybrids, i mean come on. Hybrids were something that broke the normal summoning of the monster: xyz pendulum using xyz with levels (odd-eyes rebellion dragon), synchro pendulum not needing a tuner (nirvana high paladin), fusion pendulum being fusion summoned with only 1 monster (master spirit tech force - pendulum ruler). And now we got these hybrids, the anime versions of the DDD don't even put themselves in the pendulum zones, so no use on being pendulum, of course the official versions will have that effect but still. Odd-eyes wing dragon is exactly like crystal wing, needing a normal tuner, at least it puts itself in the pendulum zone, despite not being when destroyed. Odd-eyes venom (anime) is just the exact pendulum version of starve venom, Although it's extremely powerful. But overall, i like the monsters

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Last episode, Yuya made the mistake to not let Starve Venom being killed, which would have taken down all three Hell Armageddons at once and would have inflicted 9000 damage on Reiji. Instead, he let him create his strongest portfolio: Zorc+Darkness, Z-One and Don Thousand+Darkness.

In reaction to Darkness Hell Armageddon's summon, Whitest Hell Armageddon's Monster Effect is triggered and negates the effects of Yuya's non-Pendulum dragons, as Odd-Eyes Pendulum Dragon is the only Pendulum Monster Yuya could choose in the first place. Darkness Hell Armageddon detaches an Over Ray Unit to use his Monster Effect and destroys non-Pendulum Monsters equal to the number of Reiji's Pendulum Monster, killing all three non-Pendulum dragons at once. (Looks like Starve Venom's third effect doesn't work in this situation.) Then Purplish Hell Armageddon uses his Monster Effect to destroy Odd-Eyes Pendulum with his dragon penis and inflicts damage equal to Odd-Eyes Pendulum's 2500 ATK on Yuya. Reiji ends his turn. Yuya doesn't give up and asks his three counterparts to help him with their power, but they tell him it's already his.

With the help of his soulmates, Yuya gets a Destiny Draw and activates his newly drawn card: the Quick-Spell Card Odd-Eyes Fusion Gate which allows Yuya to Special Summon Odd-Eyes Pendulum from the Extra Deck and Starve Venom from the Graveyard and fuses them into Haoushiryuu - Odd-Eyes Venom Dragon. We get the reaction of Asuka and Sora. Asuka, who previously hated Fusions, is amazed by that beautiful dragon and Sora is surprised Yuri's dragon as a joker. Odd-Eyes Venom has all of Starve Venom's effects, but just better. Its first Monster Effect gives it a 10500 ATK boost. Odd-Eyes Venom attacks Whitest Hell Armageddon, but Purplish Hell Armageddon's other Monster Effect returns Odd-Eyes Venom's ATK back to its original ATK. Yuya grabs the Action Card Wonder Chance, but cannot use it, thus his dragon gets destroyed in battle.
    As the monster summoned by Odd-Eyes Fusion Gate was destroyed, Yuya sends that card that has still been on the field to the Graveyard and adds the Quick-Spell Card Odd-Eyes Synchro Gate to his hand, which he activates to Special Summon Odd-Eyes Pendulum and Clear Wing, turning Odd-Eyes Pendulum into a Level 1 Tuner and tunes Clear Wing with it to Synchro Summon Haou Hakuryuu - Odd-Eyes Wing Dragon. (Yuya got silly eyes during that scene. ) Yuya uses Odd-Eyes Wing's Monster Effect to target one of Reiji's Superdeath Hell Armageddons and attempts to destroy as many of them as possible and to gain an ATK boost equal to the target's ATK, but Darkness Hell Armageddon's Continuous Effect protects all of Reiji's Pendulum Monsters from being destroyed. Yuya sends Odd-Eyes Wing to attack Darkness Hell Armageddon and ends up dying, but due to this Odd-Eyes Synchro Gate's effect is triggered and Yuya adds Odd-Eyes Xyz Gate to his hand.
    He activates it to Special Summon Odd-Eyes Pendulum and Dark Rebellion and overlays them into Haou Kokuryuu - Odd-Eyes Rebellion Dragon. (The same end summon animation from episode 49 during the duel against Sora.) By the way, the original version of Yuto no Atsuki Tamashii was played, which fits, as it doubles as Yuto and Yugo's theme. Then he banishes Xyz Gate along with the other two gates to give Odd-Eyes Rebellion an additional attack, plus Yuya activates Wonder Chance to give his dragon another attack, allowing it to attack three times. While it looks different from the version in HANATE, Odd-Eyes Rebellion does have a breath weapon: Kakumei no Ikazuchi Lightning Strike, which it unleashes on all three Superdeath Hell Armageddons at once. Of course, the reason why we don't get to see Hanki no Gekirin Strike Disobey is because it would make the other two attacks pointless, as Purplish Hell Armageddon's Continuous Monster Effect protects all of Reiji's Pendulum Monsters being destroyed by battle. Yuya sets a card and end his turn.

Reiji uses Purplish Hell Armageddon's Monster Effect to destroy Odd-Eyes Rebellion and inflict 3000 damage on Yuya, but Yuya activates his Trap Card Cold Performance to set his destroyed monster to the Pendulum Zone and he takes no damage this turn. The Akaba end his turn, while Yuya has already set up everything he needs.

Yuya uses Odd-Eyes Rebellion's Pendulum Effect to set Entermate Five-Rainbow Magician (aka Galaxy-Eyes Magician) to set up a 4-12 Scale and he Pendulum Summons Odd-Eyes Venom, Odd-Eyes Wing, Odd-Eyes Priest and Ignition Eagle. In response to that summon, Reiji activates Whitest Hell Armageddon's Monster Effect and Yuya targets Odd-Eyes Priest to have its effects left. Yuya uses the Priest's Monster Effect to banish it and to revive Odd-Eyes Pendulum from the Graveyard. It triggers Whitest Hell Armageddon's Monster Effect yet again. While it resets the negated effects, Yuya has to choose one of his Pendulum Monsters again that shall retain its effect, which in this case is Ignition Eagle. Yuya grabs an Action Card and activates Five-Rainbow Magician's Pendulum Effect, which turns the ATK of all monsters on the field to 0.

As long as as either of one has four cards or less on the field, all monsters have 0 ATK. If you set a card, the turn ends, like in Yuya's case. You can skip the Draw Phase, but if you don't, you cannot set Spell/Trap Cards. Therefore, both, Reiji and Yuya have to grab Action Cards to fill all Spell/Trap Card Zones. If one succeeds, his monster's base-ATK are doubled. You are able to set cards that are added to your hand outside the Draw Phase immediately. Reiji and Yuya collect Action Cards on the field. Yuya struggles on the field, but with the help of his monsters, he is able to get them. Meanwhile, we get some reactions from Ray and Layra.

Yuya sets his fifth card first and all of his monsters gain a massive boost. Odd-Eyes Pendulum attacks Whitest Hell Armageddon, but Reiji sends DD Savant Albert from his hand to his Graveyard to set his fifth Action Card, turning the ATK of all Superdeath Hell Armageddons to 7000. Yuya activates Ignition Eagle's Monster Effect to Special Summon Odd-Eyes Rebellion from the Pendulum Zone and place the eagle on the Pendulum Zone, while Odd-Eyes Pendulum gains a boost equal to Odd-Eyes Rebellion's 3000 ATK. Whitest Hell Armageddon's Monster Effect strikes back and Yuya chooses Odd-Eyes Pendulum to keep its effects. Due to Purplish Hell Armageddon, Odd-Eyes Pendulum's ATK are back to normal. However...

LADIES AND GENTLEMEN!

Yuya activates Ignition Eagle's Pendulum Effect, which banishes all Spell and Trap Cards on the field, hence the ATK of the monsters affected by Five-Rainbow Magician's Pendulum Effect are returned back to normal, and a firework of Entermates creates a the Arc of Light. Odd-Eyes Pendulum gains 500 for each Pendulum Monster Yuya controls, boosting its ATK up to 4500. The attack on Whitest Hell Armageddon continues, but while he is protected by Purplish Hell Armageddon, Reiji still takes the damage from Reaction Force, leading to Reiji's loss and Yuya's victory. Yuya completed the Pro Test. And hey, Layra finally laughs.

A light coming from Ray brings all the nakama from all dimension to one place and we get to see all the counterparts for a last time. Yuzu (in Asuka's old clothes no less) is back. But the real test has just started. Yusyo challenges his son to a duel. The end.

The ending is weird, but I enjoyed the duel nonetheless. Like all ceremonial duels, it's over the top. And to see all three hybrids gathered on the field is enough satisfaction for me. It's a shame that the -gazer Magicians didn't show up in that duel at all. It's also a shame that we don't get to see inverted versions of Odd-Eyes Venom and Odd-Eyes Wing, but Konami might end up creating them anyway. Who knows? I would like to have seen the two latest hybrids sooner, but it's better late than ever.

Kaito, Edo and Dennis didn't get any lines. Hell, Kaito is are not even in the final frame. And Tsukikage is still with the audience.

We don't know what happened to BB and Barrett.

I enjoyed the final Fusion, Synchro, Xyz and Pendulum Summon. I rather prefer a Link 7 Monster as a final boss card for Yuya, but hey, I didn't actually believe in that.
    Last edited by KingJinzo; 26th March 2017 at 08:41 PM.
    I FUCKING HATE DUB NAMES! I HATE DUB NAMES SO MUCH!

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Glorious episode, and fairly entertaining ending. SO happy to see Wing and Rebellion Dragons, and teared up when I saw Zuzu again.

Also, I've done the duel summary on the wiki if any of you are still confused.
    Sanokal

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KingJinzo View Post
    Last episode, Yuya made the mistake to not let Starve Venom being killed, which would have taken down all three Hell Armageddons at once and would have inflicted 9000 damage on Reiji.
    i think reijis pendulums could have negated it

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The mokey View Post
    i think Reiji's Pendulums could have negated it
    They only negate damage from Spells and Traps.
    Last edited by KingJinzo; 27th March 2017 at 08:28 PM.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So, having just seen the episode, here are my thoughts.
    - The duel was pretty good; that the end game was dedicated solely to getting actin cards is acceptable, since this is the last time we're ever going to see them, so they should be important. It also creates a nice book end, since, like in the first duel of the series Yuya's victory require him to get a ton of action cards without caring what they were. That the final move was Odd-Eyes powered up by the other four dragons was also no surprise.
    - The ending was almost exactly what I wanted. If it was Ray that came out, and she split herself and Yuya into their respective components, that would have been perfect. That, or Leo promising to work on getting the rest back as their own people.

As for the series itself, I absolutely loved it. It's probably my favorite series of the franchise. A giant love letter to the past, while also expanding on everything that came before. I fell in love with the Pendulum Summon mechanic, and for the past couple of year, my main deck has been Performapals, later expanded into Performapal Odd-Eyes. I'm sad to see Arc-V go, but I'm also looking forward to what comes next.

The fun is just getting started!
    Current decks: Salamangreats, Knightmare Cyberse, and Odd-Eyes Performapals
    Originator of the Tulpa Summon, and the homebrewed cards you use with it.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Volteccer View Post
    So, having just seen the episode, here are my thoughts.
    - The duel was pretty good; that the end game was dedicated solely to getting actin cards is acceptable, since this is the last time we're ever going to see them, so they should be important. It also creates a nice book end, since, like in the first duel of the series Yuya's victory require him to get a ton of action cards without caring what they were. That the final move was Odd-Eyes powered up by the other four dragons was also no surprise.
    - The ending was almost exactly what I wanted. If it was Ray that came out, and she split herself and Yuya into their respective components, that would have been perfect. That, or Leo promising to work on getting the rest back as their own people.

As for the series itself, I absolutely loved it. It's probably my favorite series of the franchise. A giant love letter to the past, while also expanding on everything that came before. I fell in love with the Pendulum Summon mechanic, and for the past couple of year, my main deck has been Performapals, later expanded into Performapal Odd-Eyes. I'm sad to see Arc-V go, but I'm also looking forward to what comes next.

The fun is just getting started!
    Ra, finally someone who isn't too negative about the series and the ending.

Registered User False_Revelation's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    To be fair, Yuya told his dragons that they don't need to rely on combining into a single entity to show off their worth. But does it contradict with combining two members into one? Well, none of those three are invincible like Zarc and he does end up combining the power of individuals. Those three hybrids have Odd-Eyes as their secondary half, while their others halves are the dominant parts made by the three other dragons. One could say Odd-Eyes is something like power-up for the three dragons.
    i dont like the idea but it does make perfect sense
    I especially liked the part where they had to keep setting s/ts and whoever did it first wouldve been the winner(supposedly)
    That seems like something that would happen in the Original.
    All I want is to make me into myself.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ra, finally someone who isn't too negative about the series and the ending.
    *waves hand*

Ey, same here!
    Sanokal

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So my big fear going into this episode was that Yuzu was not going to be brought back. I honestly didn't think it would happen. But thank goodness, they did it! And for that reason alone, this finale episode was good enough. Overall though, there was definitely a lot to like. I like the two new hybrids designs a lot and I was really happy to see Odd-Eyes Rebellion come back. I was totally not expecting that. Very nice to see those 3 hybrids juxtaposed to Reiji's 3 bosses. When that Galaxy Eyes Magician's effect was explained, I also grew very worried that the duel's outcome would come down to ridiculous Action Cards, but luckily that didn't happen either so I felt massive relief & closure as the series ends. And Yusyo, you couldn't handle Starving Venom and Clear Wing so there's no way you're going to handle all 4 Heavenly Dragons but nice cliffhanger there.

My only minor qualm is why couldn't they just name these D/D/D bosses: Superdoom King Synchro Armageddon, Superdoom King Xyz Armageddon, Superdoom King Fusion Armageddon? If the 4 Heavenly Dragons could have their summon types listed in their names, then I think it would be kind of fitting that Reiji found a way to sort of replicate his rival with his own Synchro, Xyz and Fusion bosses. I just personally think that sounds better than Whitest, Purplish and Darkness.
    A Fallen Hero Is The Best Kind of Villain