User Tag List

Thread: The Path of the One - Level/Rank 1 Deck

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Path of the One - Level/Rank 1 Deck

This is One path less traveled by.

Have I ever said I love Level and Rank 1? A lot of stuff is pretty bad in this cardpool, but it opens itself up quite well to everything from Rank 10 to an insane 5000 ATK boss. The level 1 deck opens itself for a lot of options, and gosh would you look at just how many bosses I have? This deck is very personal to me, but I'll still show it off.

So, despite obviously having some intensive defensive play, this deck actually can go on the offensive quite quickly. One of the many positives about Downerd Magician is that she can overlay on top of your Rank 1 monsters, leading to actually using the Rank-Up-Magic cards properly. Your R1 Utopia will win you games, though. By discarding Rank-Up-Magic Ardent Chaos Force to summon your Number 99: Utopic Dragon, you actually get it back by its own effect. From there you can create a second copy, or you can go into Number S0: Hope Zexal. I probably don't have to sing this card's praises, being something that completely shuts down the opponent's turn.

Black Luster Soldier is a fun option because he's almost always live in this deck. It surprisingly creates a very efficient Chaos engine. Anti-Hope God of Despair is what some would consider winmore, but it can be a life saver, and it's often the first card sided out regardless. It is very easy to run through your entire Extra Deck in one duel, so it can actually sometimes be your last resort.

One of my favorite combos is to turn Downerd Magician into C101, absorb a monster, and then slap on your Full Armored - Crystalzero Lancer. Considering everything you went through to get it out, it has a lot of power at this point, even if it doesn't absorb a monster. It's also just as well an option to summon Number 21: Frozen Lady Justice, who handles those pesky defensive walls. Number F0: Utopic Future is one of the final bosses, who lets your opponent know just how annoying their Beelze is.

You have lots of bosses, lots of disruption, lots of choice. To me, that makes it lots of fun. Most duels don't have the exact same formulaic experience that I am all too accustomed to when playing this game, and that ultimately makes it funner for both parties.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    *Comes in
    *Sees no Mokey Mokey
    *leaves disappointed

ehh, basic skittles deck, seen it before
    I don't have a Problem, I have a Hobby.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I suppose that not every deck will resonate with every person. Not too fond of gimmicky OTKs, though, sorry. Or if that is some weird Pojo humor, I don't get the joke.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nah, I've just seen this before, and built a few variations of it myself
    BEHOLD

The version that yours reminds me most of

My favorite version was a Vanilla Level 1 engine, use them to drop Sophia

Relinquished for ritual, rank 1s (crime & Punishment as a backup plan), Flamvell guard as a tuner for formula and First of the dragon for a Fusion

Worked well....cept I had no way of searching Sophia so I could get the materials for her fast but.......
    I don't have a Problem, I have a Hobby.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The deck seems fun, have you considered using Foolish Burial? Granted it can be slow but it would help in dumping God of Despair, Rainbow Kuriboh or a light/dark monster to use with BlS. Other than that, it looks like it works and is straightforward to play.
    My attempts at making a God of Despair deck failed when I tried making a level 1 normal deck so I could use Law of the Normal but it failed miserably. So its good to see one that actually works.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hm interesting build. Very turbo for Antihope of course. Have you considered Ghostrick Angel of Mischief for plays with Limited Barian's Force during MP1?
    If you liked it, then you shoulda put some ink on it.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Interesting deck. I made a similar themed deck, but it was focused around the Dustons, so I dunno how much help I would be with this.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by xeroplazm View Post
    The deck seems fun, have you considered using Foolish Burial? Granted it can be slow but it would help in dumping God of Despair, Rainbow Kuriboh or a light/dark monster to use with BlS. Other than that, it looks like it works and is straightforward to play.
    My attempts at making a God of Despair deck failed when I tried making a level 1 normal deck so I could use Law of the Normal but it failed miserably. So its good to see one that actually works.
    Foolish Burial is by all means a fantastic card choice, but it just hasn't worked the way I've wanted. It would make Treeborn Frog a bit more live, but it still is counter-productive to use the froggy. I feel the same way about Number 13 and 31. I know that it can work, but it just feels like an odd fit.

Quote Originally Posted by IsaiahSweet View Post
    Hm interesting build. Very turbo for Antihope of course. Have you considered Ghostrick Angel of Mischief for plays with Limited Barian's Force during MP1?
    This seems interesting. I'll be sure to give that one a try.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh and Frozen Lady Justice sounds cool. I completely forgot she exists. I've been using CXys Barian Hope.
    If you liked it, then you shoulda put some ink on it.