User Tag List

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: [CP17] Collectors Pack 17

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ScionStorm View Post
    You think the the space between Odd-Eyes Venom Dragon and D/D/D Super Doom King Darkness Armageddon will be Albert over Whitest? I'd think if any single monster was going to swap places with Whitest it would be D/D/D Knowledge King Conquistador.
    Conqustador is probably going to end in Code of The Duelist. There are 5 spaces between the Goukis and Vice Typhoon, which I'm sure will belong to Servant Odd-Eyes, Brownie, Conqustador, Dirac and Schrödinger.
    Last edited by LolsterXD97; 5th April 2017 at 12:08 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Do you think Odd-Eyes Phantasma Dragon will be in here?

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had forgotten about that one. If Starving Venemy isn't in the set, I would definitely trade it's spot with Odd-Eyes Phantasma Dragon. It would pair well with having O-EVD in this set.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I hope I'm not the only one remembering that collector packs are almost entirely Anime and Game originals. Only DoL3 had Manga cards. the Planets, 2 RRs, Uni, corn and Mirage. the planets especially were an odd case.
    Meanwhile Manga cards usually come in the Premium packs.

the Dragons manga counterparts, meanwhile, are prime canidates for becoming Volume Promos, much like how the Duel Dragons were. Phantom and Fast Dragon already have

seeing as not a single manga card has been confirmed yet, I wouldn't get hopes up for them. Not to say it's impossible, but the precedents are certainly against them, only 10 manga cards out of 4 sets makes it look like a special exception than a precedent
    Last edited by Dread Kaiser; 5th April 2017 at 03:30 AM.
    I don't have a Problem, I have a Hobby.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dread Kaiser View Post
    I hope I'm not the only one remembering that collector packs are almost entirely Anime and Game originals. Only DoL3 had Manga cards. the Planets, 2 RRs, Uni, corn and Mirage. the planets especially were an odd case.

the Dragons manga counterparts, meanwhile, are prime canidates for becoming Volume Promos, much like how the Duel Dragons were. Phantom and Fast Dragon already have

seeing as not a single manga card has been confirmed yet, I wouldn't get hopes up for them. Not to say it's impossible, but the precedents are certainly against them, only 10 manga cards out of 4 sets makes it look like a special exception than a precedent
    In these OCG versions of the Sets/in the Collector's Pack's blurbs, they almost always made mention of their being Manga cards in them. It's just that whenever they did, it was always some form of technicality. Like for example, the CP version that became the first Dragons of Legend, they said we'd be getting cards from the Manga. And we did. One card, anyway, and that was Double Passe, which was used in the Manga once. I believe they did that before, too.

Last time was the first time where they earnestly gave us Manga cards. We'll need to see if they repeat that earnestness, or if it was a one time thing, because I believe that Manga cards were made mention of being in this CP this time, too.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dread Kaiser View Post

Speculating that the first five slots(which are currently unknown) could be manga cards. It was the first 10 slots last year, the first 5 of which were Arc-V manga. Also, both Venemy and Anthellion debuted in the same duel in a chapter that will be released in Volume 3. However volume 3 will have neither, instead having Zero King Laplace as the promo. They are being considered here because they were skipped over for Volume promo and no upcoming V Jump/weekly Jump promo is scheduled to be them.

Those manga cards gotta find some new form of venue since it looks like Jump has given up on printing V-Jump Edition packs more than once a year. And last year's only V-Jump Edition included exactly zero manga cards.
    Last edited by ScionStorm; 5th April 2017 at 04:27 AM.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ScionStorm View Post
    Speculating that the first five slots(which are currently unknown) could be manga cards. It was the first 10 slots last year, the first 5 of which were Arc-V manga. Also, both Venemy and Anthellion debuted in the same duel in a chapter that will be released in Volume 3. However volume 3 will have neither, instead having Zero King Laplace as the promo. They are being considered here because they were skipped over for Volume promo and no upcoming V Jump/weekly Jump promo is scheduled to be them.

Those manga cards gotta find some new form of venue since it looks like Jump has given up on printing V-Jump Edition packs more than once a year. And last year's only V-Jump Edition included exactly zero manga cards.
    Manga cards don't always get released in the same volume they debuted in, look at Hot Red Dragon Archfiend. debuted in volume 4. Promo for Volume 6.

Tragically, this is nothing new. for example Beelze. debuted in chapter 20 (as an actual monster), never made it as a Volume promo, it was in the Premium Pack 16, released March 2014.

Chapter 20 was released in 2011.

Manga cards can sometimes wait a REALLY long time before their venue shows up.

as for the last V Jump edition, the 20ths Rivals collection. it might have something to do with the fact that both 5D's and Zexal Mangas had ended over a year prior. ARC V was at chapter 10 (sorta, chapter 11 was released the same day 20ths Rivals was, the 21st. would love to see Konami pull a same day launch). I believe it had just barely finished 3 duels at that point. Ironically, DoL3 (err, duelist of Flash) was released in May that year and beat that V Jump Edition to printing the RaidRaptors, Uni/Corn and Mirage. Persona and Phantom were already promo'd. with the first duel having mostly no new cards aside from those 3 (Dark Rebellion and Monarchs), that really left them with just Sora and Yuri's cards that debut 1 month before that. Not really much to choose from.

besides, the V Jump editions have had no manga (or anime) cards before. Edition 8 & 9 for example

Don't get me wrong, not that I wouldn't like seeing them in there. just that there is plenty of reason to suspect they might not be
    Last edited by Dread Kaiser; 5th April 2017 at 05:48 AM.
    I don't have a Problem, I have a Hobby.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    True. Zexal era ran weird. They used up spaces in a premium pack for anime cards. I pray that never happens again.

But like I said. This was just my speculation based on possibilities. I am in no way denying the alternate possibility that there may be no manga cards in the pack. I was on that side of thought until last year's CP.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank God for the card reveal today. Collector's Pack 2017 will NOT be an ARC-V masturbation pack.

I guess, we'll be getting at least 5 or 6 Timelords. I'm guessing that at the very least, the (037 - 040) might be Timelords. 041 might be a Number OR a Timelord (Hoping that it's a Number monster, though). Assuming that 041 - 045 would be Number cards (At this point, I'm praying for 0 reprints in this set), then 032 to 039 might be Timelords, and Arc-V cards might end at 031 at the earliest. I'm really hoping that they'll release all 9 Timelords there, since we might wait for next year's Collector's Pack OR this December's Premium Pack to complete them if Konami didn't release them completely in this set.

EDIT: I'm assuming that there are no other 5D's cards that can be reasonably shoehorned into the limited pack space aside from Timelords. I don't know any other notable 5D's cards that can be crammed in this pack aside from Timelords.
    Last edited by melcarba; 5th April 2017 at 12:15 PM.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by melcarba View Post
    Thank God for the card reveal today. Collector's Pack 17 will NOT be an ARC-V masturbation pack.
    What, is there something wrong with that?
    Sanokal