Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    LL name change hurts.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by EmperorShun View Post
    Konami you done goofed. If this is true, we will see more leaks in the following hours/days, am I rite?
    Also these cards have more value, no Gold Millenium Eye makes these cards worth something for collection purposes. I would love to see someone trying to play this at the locals they opened the packs.

I love the SPYRAL, wonderful artwork, reminds me of Father Wolf (Blood Lad anyone?). If this is the quality we can expect from the TCG promos I am very satisfied. I want those Iron man hands as a SPYRAL GEAR tho.

Well, we are just going to ignore that this name exist, dont we?
    Considering that I stick with TCG names and edit the wiki, nah. Besides, y'all can still just call em LL anyways.
    Sanokal

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Erickdsl View Post
    The name makes sense. My only problem is that it doesn't have the hidden meaning the original had, but i know most people don't care about this kind of stuff. Surely isnt as bad as Lyrilusc.
    I like deep meanings too, but how the name sounds tops all else. True King of All Calamity is just so awesome and over the top (and also very fitting) that you can't not like it

I think it would have been better if they kept the "V.F.D" though. having a "name" in its name is ncie
    I don't have a Problem, I have a Hobby.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by darkgod789 View Post
    Or you are definitely hyping the card up way too much. I'm sorry but requiring you to banish 3 spyral cards when there isn't too many easy ways of dumping them in grave, having a BLOODY mandatory self nuke effect and an effect that doesn't help the deck's gimmick or do anything too useful other than popping 2 cards for a quick effect just isn't worth the effort. Also what a waste of a name. What does any of this card's effects do to symbolize the name. Also why the hell is it a fiend.
    Dumping three spyrals is really not that hard, maybe not turn one easy, but still pretty easy, so his summoning requirements are far from an issue. His self nuke effect sucks plain and simple and yes he doesn't aid the gimmick of the archetype, but to be fair the deck has no real end game. They have three monsters that need to know the top card of your opponents deck, while the others search specific cards such as super agent, spiral missions and gears. The deck by nature is very random so having a huge beater that can pop cards on either turn like masterpiece and drancia is darn good and very welcomed. As for his name it is apparent that he is a sleeper agent and compromised so him killing off spiral cards for his effect and requiring the banishing of spyrals is aesthetically accurate to what he is supposed to be lore wise.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by darkgod789 View Post
    Or you are definitely hyping the card up way too much. I'm sorry but requiring you to banish 3 spyral cards when there isn't too many easy ways of dumping them in grave, having a BLOODY mandatory self nuke effect and an effect that doesn't help the deck's gimmick or do anything too useful other than popping 2 cards for a quick effect just isn't worth the effort. Also what a waste of a name. What does any of this card's effects do to symbolize the name. Also why the hell is it a fiend.
    I suppose we'll have to agree to disagree, then.

Quote Originally Posted by haloichigo1 View Post
    Dumping three spyrals is really not that hard, maybe not turn one easy, but still pretty easy, so his summoning requirements are far from an issue. His self nuke effect sucks plain and simple and yes he doesn't aid the gimmick of the archetype, but to be fair the deck has no real end game. They have three monsters that need to know the top card of your opponents deck, while the others search specific cards such as super agent, spiral missions and gears. The deck by nature is very random so having a huge beater that can pop cards on either turn like masterpiece and drancia is darn good and very welcomed. As for his name it is apparent that he is a sleeper agent and compromised so him killing off spiral cards for his effect and requiring the banishing of spyrals is aesthetically accurate to what he is supposed to be lore wise.
    Its "either player's turn" destruction effect also easily triggers Assault on both turns, and its last is themeatic in that the spy hero always survives the "base's destruction" or what have you in the climax.

Though we're still missing 3 cards, from what it looks like so far, the info-check thing was meant to be more of a side aspect of the Deck, and I have seen mention of people making good use of that info gathering in their Duels using this Deck.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lyrilusc... (groans heavily).

Maybe we should have just gotten Raid Raptors as "Rairapt" monsters.
    Last edited by ScionStorm; 9th April 2017 at 08:22 PM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dread Kaiser View Post
    I like deep meanings too, but how the name sounds tops all else. True King of All Calamity is just so awesome and over the top (and also very fitting) that you can't not like it

I think it would have been better if they kept the "V.F.D" though. having a "name" in its name is ncie
    Seeing that way i can agree. Also, idk if they could keep the v.f.d. part of the name, because it has some controversal connotations, but i was expecting an adaptation like they did to metatron's.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by haloichigo1 View Post
    Dumping three spyrals is really not that hard, maybe not turn one easy, but still pretty easy, so his summoning requirements are far from an issue.
    That is the exact problem, there's isn't an effective way to dump 3 spyrals to the grave consistently. So most of the time you wont be able to summon this turn 1 and main deck boss monsters that cant be brought out turn 1 consistently are bad because they become bricks and with the game being as fast as it is, you need to have a deck built to be as effective as possible, meaning every card has to be able to do something at any time. That's the reason why zoodiac decks dropped the bearman combo even though it is searchable and extremely powerful in the deck, because it is only usable in some situations, but in other it is a brick and a dead draw and those situations can lose you the game.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, SPYRAL sleeper goes well with recapture as you can blow 2 card for free, also we will be able to draw in the opponents turn with assaut.

I like this monster, it may break a bit the gamestyle but, hey, its like the "bad guy" who only wants to destroy everything.

Also, there is 3 more spyral cards from this set, maybe we get some foolish burial like card for the archetype or some card that protect your spyral cards from beign destroyed (like recapture but better pls) or some cool floating effects like master plan does

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Erickdsl View Post
    That is the exact problem, there's isn't an effective way to dump 3 spyrals to the grave consistently. So most of the time you wont be able to summon this turn 1 and main deck boss monsters that cant be brought out turn 1 consistently are bad because they become bricks and with the game being as fast as it is, you need to have a deck built to be as effective as possible, meaning every card has to be able to do something at any time. That's the reason why zoodiac decks dropped the bearman combo even though it is searchable and extremely powerful in the deck, because it is only usable in some situations, but in other it is a brick and a dead draw and those situations can lose you the game.
    You don't have to summon it turn one because it is not a true boss monster, it is mearly just another playable option in the deck. You dont play this card and rely on it as a win condition, it is just a good back up for when your board formation is broken and its searchable so you get it only when you need it. At most it's something you play at 1, like a bls for the deck.spyrals function well as is, but having this waiting in the wings for a bad situation or when you are trying to push for game is when you really want to use this card.