User Tag List

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 61

Thread: [MACR-EN] MACR Super Rares

  1. #31
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    Italy
    Posts
    319
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Am I the only one who likes "Lyrilusc" as a name?
    "Lyrical Luscinia" was TOO long and I didn't really like to pronounce that. Lyrilusc is short and simple, sounds good, for me it's fine.
    I'm using this forum to improve my english while also talking about a hobby of mine. Sorry for my grammatical mistakes.

  2. #32
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    199
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So Supreme King Dragon Zarc will be Supreme King Z-ARC now...


  3. #33
    Registered User Dread Kaiser's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Terminia
    Posts
    3,614
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BBDD View Post
    Am I the only one who likes "Lyrilusc" as a name?
    "Lyrical Luscinia" was TOO long and I didn't really like to pronounce that. Lyrilusc is short and simple, sounds good, for me it's fine.
    More that it reeks of laziness than anything
    I don't have a Problem, I have a Hobby.

  4. #34
    Registered User Erickdsl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Somewhere over the rainbow
    Posts
    543
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by haloichigo1 View Post
    You don't have to summon it turn one because it is not a true boss monster, it is mearly just another playable option in the deck. You dont play this card and rely on it as a win condition, it is just a good back up for when your board formation is broken and its searchable so you get it only when you need it. At most it's something you play at 1, like a bls for the deck.spyrals function well as is, but having this waiting in the wings for a bad situation or when you are trying to push for game is when you really want to use this card.
    That doesn't change anything what i said. It's still a brick, like the bearman, it wasn't a win condition and it was searchable, but people realized that the deck ran better without it and the situations where it was a dead draw could cost the game. Granted, i understand that you can't compare spyrals with zoo because it doesnt really have a win condition or the power plays zoodiacs have, but that's why i compared it with misty, because it is so close of being good, but you still can play it in the deck but not because the card is good, but because of the lack of options. Also, you compared it to bls, since the game became faster, he now falls in the same category of a bricky main deck boss monster. There are still a lot of lightsworn and b.a. decks topping right now and they all abandoned J.D. and bls because it is better to build your decks excluding these types of cards because it becomes more consistent.

    Also, what do you mean it is not a boss monster? It's big, has a wacky summoning condition and a quick effect.

  5. #35
    Registered User EmperorShun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    Heartland
    Posts
    536
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ohhh boy, its finally here:



    Subterror Fiendess
    Level 1 EARTH Spellcaster Effect Monster
    ATK/800 DEF/500

    (1)During either players turn, when your opponent activates a card or effect: You can send this card from your hand or field to the Graveyard, then target 1 "Subterror" monster you control; negate the activation, then change the targeted monster to face-down Defense Position.
    (2)You can target 1 face-up monster you control; change it to face-down Defense Position, and if you do, Special Summon 1 "Subterror" monster from your hand or Graveyard in face-up or face-down Defense Position.
    You can only use each effect of "Subterror Fiendess" once per turn.


    ITS WHAT THEY NEEDED
    Last edited by EmperorShun; 9th April 2017 at 09:55 PM.
    Warera wa hitotsu ni

  6. #36
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    199
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The change of Lyrical Luscinia to Lyrilusc is obvious since it's too long. It happened the same with archetypes of two words in name, like with Blackwings (Black Feathers), Raidraptors (Raid Raptors), Windwitch (Wind Witch), and Battlewasp (Bee Force).

  7. #37
    Registered User ScionStorm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    4,225
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Erickdsl View Post
    Seeing that way i can agree. Also, idk if they could keep the v.f.d. part of the name, because it has some controversal connotations, but i was expecting an adaptation like they did to metatron's.
    You have never read or watched A Series of Unfortunate Events have you? VFD is used over and over and over again as a motif in multiplying incarnations. From Verbal Fridge Dialogue to Village of Fowl Devotees. Not to mention those Violent Frozen Dragonflies and even the Verified Functional Dictionary.
    http://snicket.wikia.com/wiki/V.F.D._(disambiguation)

    Quote Originally Posted by BBDD View Post
    Am I the only one who likes "Lyrilusc" as a name?
    "Lyrical Luscinia" was TOO long and I didn't really like to pronounce that. Lyrilusc is short and simple, sounds good, for me it's fine.
    Certainly, what would you like Super Heavy Samurai to be shortened to? Suphevsam? Does that also sound good to you? Less words for you to fully pronounce?

    Quote Originally Posted by Dark-Shimy View Post
    The change of Lyrical Luscinia to Lyrilusc is obvious since it's too long. It happened the same with archetypes of two words in name, like with Blackwings (Black Feathers), Raidraptors (Raid Raptors), Windwitch (Wind Witch), and Battlewasp (Bee Force).
    Again, that is a rediculous claim. Contracting a two word archetype by taking away the space inbetween the words is not in any way an equal example to cutting half of both words off an mashing them together in a weird pronouncement. And as for being too long, again, I'm looking at the Superheavy Samurai archetype name from the same era and I don't see that one being shortened so your argument begins to fall apart. They even added to the archetype name "Flower Cardian" and made it even longer.
    Last edited by ScionStorm; 9th April 2017 at 10:04 PM.

  8. #38
    Registered User Erickdsl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Somewhere over the rainbow
    Posts
    543
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ScionStorm View Post
    You have never read or watched A Series of Unfortunate Events have you? VFD is used over and over and over again as a motif in multiplying incarnations. From Verbal Fridge Dialogue to Village of Fowl Devotees. Not to mention those Violent Frozen Dragonflies and even the Verified Functional Dictionary.
    http://snicket.wikia.com/wiki/V.F.D._(disambiguation)
    No. But i know this: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vicarius_Filii_Dei and it goes along with the rest of the biblical parallels the storyline has.

  9. #39
    Registered User Erickdsl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Somewhere over the rainbow
    Posts
    543
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by EmperorShun View Post
    Ohhh boy, its finally here:



    Subterror Fiendess
    Level 1 EARTH Spellcaster Effect Monster
    ATK/800 DEF/500

    (1)During either players turn, when your opponent activates a card or effect: You can send this card from your hand or field to the Graveyard, then target 1 "Subterror" monster you control; negate the activation, then change the targeted monster to face-down Defense Position.
    (2)You can target 1 face-up monster you control; change it to face-down Defense Position, and if you do, Special Summon 1 "Subterror" monster from your hand or Graveyard in face-up or face-down Defense Position.
    You can only use each effect of "Subterror Fiendess" once per turn.


    ITS WHAT THEY NEEDED
    That's not a subterror nemesis nor a subterror behemot. Strange...

  10. #40
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    245
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Erickdsl View Post
    That doesn't change anything what i said. It's still a brick, like the bearman, it wasn't a win condition and it was searchable, but people realized that the deck ran better without it and the situations where it was a dead draw could cost the game. Granted, i understand that you can't compare spyrals with zoo because it doesnt really have a win condition or the power plays zoodiacs have, but that's why i compared it with misty, because it is so close of being good, but you still can play it in the deck but not because the card is good, but because of the lack of options. Also, you compared it to bls, since the game became faster, he now falls in the same category of a bricky main deck boss monster. There are still a lot of lightsworn and b.a. decks topping right now and they all abandoned J.D. and bls because it is better to build your decks excluding these types of cards because it becomes more consistent.

    Also, what do you mean it is not a boss monster? It's big, has a wacky summoning condition and a quick effect.
    I consider boss monsters to be the go to monster of the deck that the deck relies on and just because he is a big monster I hardly consider him the boss monster just another card in the arsenal, nothing the way judgement dragons are for lightsworn.

    Sadly bricking is something that can happen. It can happen with many cards, heck people played brilliant fusion with a single garnet and that was a possible bricking possibility. Heck even drawing two pot of desires is a brick, So using bricking doesn't undermine how good the card actually is and most spyral players like myself will not be afraid of adding one copy because of bricking, granted spyrals get cards in grave super fast so I am not even afraid of bricking. I am playing at one since I don't want to banish too many valuable cards in my grave. Also like you said zoo had better options for bearman, but spirals don't and a big monster that acts like a Masterpiece and drancia makes it well worth running and not fearing the rare moments when you draw single copy of this card at the worst time costing you the game.

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •