User Tag List

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: [COTD] Unrevealed Cards

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am surprised that Gouki's didn't get a trap card. I guess the theory of Trickstars and goukis having equal support didn't come to pass. As for the other random cards I am excited to see the hacker dragons since they will be anime cards. They will most likely belong to Yusaku's first opponent since we have the classic 3k monster for him to face. Yet I am surprised that smile universe, Zarc's trap and that random predapalnt tuner made it into the pack, I am even more surprised that SKSDDR wasn't nerfed much. I mean that effect is pretty nuts for being just a rare card.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LolsterXD97 View Post
    Also Smile Universe is still crap.
    It's even worse. You cannot even Special Summon nomi monsters with it like in the anime.
    I FUCKING HATE DUB NAMES! I HATE DUB NAMES SO MUCH!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by haloichigo1 View Post
    I am surprised that Gouki's didn't get a trap card. I guess the theory of Trickstars and goukis having equal support didn't come to pass. As for the other random cards I am excited to see the hacker dragons since they will be anime cards. They will most likely belong to Yusaku's first opponent since we have the classic 3k monster for him to face. Yet I am surprised that smile universe, Zarc's trap and that random predapalnt tuner made it into the pack, I am even more surprised that SKSDDR wasn't nerfed much. I mean that effect is pretty nuts for being just a rare card.
    You can't summon him during the opponents turn, and he doesn't make all Xyz monster's ATK to 0, so that's something...
    But yeah, he is the least nerfed of the SKSDs.

You'll never be "Kurosaki Shun riding a backflipping Revolution Falcon then jumping on a driving motorcycle"-cool.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dude... where the hell is that parry knight?

Also, i was expecting some cyberse spell and trap support from this set. This what i'm most interested on playing from this set and they still need something like a tenki/rota/e-tele. At least we should be getting news on the structure deck soon and there's probably something like that in there.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Seems like Defense Zone's best use is summoning two monsters in the corners to protect your Pendulum Scales.
    IRL Decks: Pure Artifact, Lyrilusc (work in progress) and futurely Time Thief
    Online: Trap Monster, Trickstar, Eyes Restrict
    Pre-Link Format: DDD, Heraldic Beast, Chronomaly

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Erickdsl View Post
    Dude... where the hell is that parry knight?

Also, i was expecting some cyberse spell and trap support from this set. This what i'm most interested on playing from this set and they still need something like a tenki/rota/e-tele. At least we should be getting news on the structure deck soon and there's probably something like that in there.
    Might be a short print or the fellas that posted the pics only got one box.

Regarding other support and aside from the SD, let's wait for the anime to start rolling. That "Your opponent has 3 monsters" with the 3 effects card seems to be a protagonist card.

@Comun Use it while humming the Space Jam theme.

I wish zombies would have gotten a better card. Zombiena is a cute card but not what they needed. It's nice that the Shiranui can synchro a few cards in the graveyard but it's too slow. They need a Call of the Mummy re-train or something.
    Last edited by Archsorcerer; 13th April 2017 at 08:16 PM.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is Yugioh 5d's all over again

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'll begin by saying that I do have a couple of reservations on the Set. First that the implication of both Trickstars and Goukis getting an even number of cards didn't pan out, and Goukis were out one Trap/a sixth card (and yes, I know a sixth card/Trap/an even number for both Decks wasn't actually promised). The awesomeness of Trickstar Reincarnation kinda hyped me up on the thought of an equally cool if more straightforward Gouki Trap, but alas. Hopefully, new cards in later Sets will make up for it.

Secondly, I admit to having a bit of apprehension at the realization of us only getting the 3 Arc-V Main Deck Monsters that we got. I'm a little surprised we only ended up getting Vice Typhon. That there originally seemed to be enough room for all of Declan's missing Main Deck Monsters aside from Savant Albert (which could be slotted in nicely above Darkness Armageddon in the Collector's Pack) is what really kind of adds to the sting of that.

(Banksia Ogre as released was cool, though. It and Sarraceniant gives you Clear Wing or any other Level 7 Synchro, plus a search and Predator Counters for all the opponent's Monsters.)

I do believe some speculated that those slots could belong to an additional VRAINS character, and they were right. The genericness of the cards makes me think they belong to someone who's just filling in as the first episode opponent. We'll see, though. They're cool and generic in their own way, but I like Yusaku's stuff more, so I would not feel remiss if we didn't get anything else like it from that character (still waiting on the rest of them Battleguard cards, tho...).

Oh, and I should say that I mentally jumped with joy when I saw those Zarc/Yuya related cards and their effects! That is, until the reality of their effects really sunk in, at which point I mentally wept in drowned sorrow. It's its own little tragedy that these cards as of now can not function as intended. They even gave Servant Dragon Odd-Eyes and Dark Rebellion the Summoning effects they removed from the other 2, but made it so they can only be Summoned from face-up in the Extra Deck (and thus subject to the new Extra Deck Summoning rules). Not even Dark Rebellion can Summon its materials back from the Graveyard, and as it stands, that is likely where the only in-Archetype Monsters you could play to Summon it would be after Summoning it.

It's nice they can Summon the Gates, though, if nothing else. And the aforementioned plus the saddness of them removing Servant Dragon Odd-Eye's Pendulum protecting effect aside (which was kinda over-powered, and which now leaves room for that one other Supreme King Trap that protects SK stuff to have more agency if/when they choose to release it), I like how these Servant Dragons came out.

In fact, my reservations aside, I really love this Set. Goukis, Trickstars, and Starelics get me really excited for the new Link Era starting out, the former two because they're so well thought-out Anime Decks and the latter because of the Adventure Story/RPG-esque lore as well as functionality. The miscellaneous stuff is super fun, too, and more generic than is usual on average, and I <3 that new Spellbook. Would have loved it even more if they coulda sprung for a new Prophecy Monster somehow, but this is cool in the meantime.

So yeah. Awesome Set. Now bring on the V-Jump and those sweet, sweet Anime cards!

Quote Originally Posted by haloichigo1 View Post
    I am surprised that Gouki's didn't get a trap card. I guess the theory of Trickstars and goukis having equal support didn't come to pass.
    I guess not, huh.
    Last edited by J. D. Guy; 13th April 2017 at 10:46 PM.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wouldn't mind if we get a few Arc-V cards in the next set as well. When the next set comes out I believe only 7 episodes of Vrains will have aired. And there's Booster SP...

I'm really disappointed that this said has no Ritual monsters. There are cards of every single card type in the game in this set except Rituals.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ScionStorm View Post
    I wouldn't mind if we get a few Arc-V cards in the next set as well. When the next set comes out I believe only 7 episodes of Vrains will have aired. And there's Booster SP...

I'm really disappointed that this said has no Ritual monsters. There are cards of every single card type in the game in this set except Rituals.
    Is there really a sp booster coming out soon?

also with the tcg code of duelist description it says support for rituals, although it support could be the new exclusive archetype or a single generic support for them