User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: PSY-Frame Discussion: Some Assembly Required

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Atlas View Post
    I am trying to work on this using cards I have, so holding off on Maxx "C" for now.
    From what I can gather right now, Maxx "C" isn't too amazing, because dropping Maxx "C" typically means you've already given your opponent the go-ahead to push. You can hope that draw into Beta, but it's not a sure thing, and it won't make a difference if Meteorburst is staring you down.

I think Full House might be a solid card to have in the upcoming format, especially with people like Lithium2300 hyping up the Ariadne builds of BOSH pendulums. You can even use it to pop face-down Overloads and try to search from there.
    The interactions are cute, but Full House is too easily played around. Your opponent can simply set fewer traps so that you'll either have to minus to activate it, or can't activate it at all. It's one of those cards that shows up at one event, everyone learns about it, and it becomes useless.

Citrus, I know you guys on DGZ were having a talk about Rivalry and Gozen. How's that going?
    Gozen Match is generally better because it hurts a wider spectrum of decks. You wouldn't actually play either against Kozmos, because your opponent can just banish a LIGHT/Psychic for a DARK/Machine anyway, and there's no way for you to verify that he isn't cheating. (See this thread for the explanation: http://duelistgroundz.com/index.php?showtopic=167045)

Has anyone else found Wind-Up Rabbit to turn into a huge liability and crutch for the opening hand? I have been really debating on cutting him.
    Absolutely. The fact that Wind-Up Rabbit also has pretty small ATK doesn't help it exert any real pressure. If anything, Yosenju Kama 2 is better for its bigger ATK and its ability to attack directly. Rabbit's effect to dodge at any time isn't a real advantage when there aren't any battle traps being played beyond Storming Mirror Force (which doesn't really hurt Kama 2 at all). Rippling Mirror Force may be a concern, but we're six months away from that.

I guess a follow-up question for that would be, has anyone recently run into any players that will stop playing altogether when they see you are playing PSY-Frame? THe only time I have seen that for myself recently is when it is the mirror (and we both stop. Even Rabbit hitting the field is risky).
    There has been discussions about burn/alternate win mechanisms to "force" the opponent to play, but they all negatively affect the consistency of the deck as a whole, so they're not really worth pursuing. Insofar as the mirror match is concerned, there's really no way to advance the game without maining or siding in an attacker. In that case, whoever establishes first would win.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Between 3 more-recent regionals tops AND the announcement of the new PSY-Frame Multithreader (Which I have already started testing to death and love it), I will be giving the OP to this some revamp. Expect updates over the next few days.