User Tag List

Thread: Judge Questions

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Unanswered: Judge Questions

Problem Solving Card Text is probably what saved us from being the OCG. The OCG has to do weekly promo rulings due to the fact they do not have Problem Solving Card Text, and has caused many different rulings, I have quite a bit of question though.

Does select mean target?

How do Judges identify a card printed before PSCT? There are certain phrases and punctuation that are pretty eye opening, but you're not going to remember all those phrases unless you are a God Judge. I mean how do you do it?

How does KONAMI deals with cards with erratas and phrase changes at real life Judging events.
    states: "If" in this current PSCT, but an older copy says when, how would you rule it? The card with a more recent printing of PSCT, or what text is stated on the card?

Random Rulings:

I activate the Monarchs' Stormforth. My opponent only controls a face-up Apoqliphort Towers, can Apoqliphort Towers be Tributed for the Summon of Caius, the Shadow Monarch?

Mandatory effects activate no matter what, I activate Needle Worm and my opponent has 0 cards left in deck. Do they automatically lose?
    If not, what happens, and explain this clearly and where I could read more on this.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hornbeetle View Post

Mandatory effects activate no matter what, I activate Needle Worm and my opponent has 0 cards left in deck. Do they automatically lose?
    If not, what happens, and explain this clearly and where I could read more on this.
    If you can't do the full effect, do as much as you can. In this case, your opponent would have no cards to send to the graveyard, so nothing happens. They will not lose until their next draw phase, and they attempt their normal draw for the turn.
    Current decks: Salamangreats, Knightmare Cyberse, and Odd-Eyes Performapals
    Originator of the Tulpa Summon, and the homebrewed cards you use with it.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am now God Judge then, bow before me filthy mortals

To answer:

99.999% of the time, Select/Designate/whatever = Target. I actually can't think of a card that didn't target but said "select/whatever" regardless. After PSCT, "Target" Means Target. if the card does not say "Target", it doesn't target

if the new PSCT compliant copy says "If", then it's "if". current wording on the official database trumps what is actually printed on the card, which is how they deal with Errata's. That and most cards that get errata'd get reprinted shortly afterwords.
    thanks to sets like the Battle Packs, most cards that actually matter have received PSCT reprints. those that didn't typically had very detailed rulings released already

and Towers is immune to spells, and therefore Stormforth will not allow it to be tributed (Yes Immunity works on stormforth)

And no, Needle Worm fizzles in that scenario. your opponent only loses by deck out when they are required to Draw a card when they have no cards in deck. and ONLY when Drawing is Required. Not milling, looking, banishing, searching etc. so in this case they would have an empty deck, but wouldn't lose until they need to draw, likely their next draw phase

And you can read further on basically any topic on The Wikia. Several users here, myself included, are also present there.
    I don't have a Problem, I have a Hobby.