User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: SPYRAL GEAR - Last Support

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Volteccer View Post
    They should make a term to use for monsters like this, the zws, inzectors, ect. They do it all the time.
    They shouldn't. Ignoring the distinctions like where they can equip from, they would still have to write the whole text out anyway, like they do with Spirits.
    Tuners are the only subcategory that doesn't have it's rules explained on the card since the others tend to have variations like:
    Unions protecting from All destruction or just battle?
    Spirits that do something else when they bounce (Shinobirds and the Ice Barrier)
    The varies Classes of Toons
    etc

so there isn't any real point in making these pseudo Unions an offical type or ability, much like they don't make Trap Monsters separate from continuous Traps.
    I don't have a Problem, I have a Hobby.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How about just changing the Union Mechanic in general? There are currently no Unions even close to the meta, besides ABCs which are broken for other reasons, so why they just don't say that Unions can be equipped from the hand, but not summoned during that turn?

You'll never be "Kurosaki Shun riding a backflipping Revolution Falcon then jumping on a driving motorcycle"-cool.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by yshipster View Post
    How about just changing the Union Mechanic in general? There are currently no Unions even close to the meta, besides ABCs which are broken for other reasons, so why they just don't say that Unions can be equipped from the hand, but not summoned during that turn?
    Because what is "meta" is ultimately irrelevant.

that's like saying "since Synchro's aren't meta, lets make it so they don't need Tuners anymore" or "let's Unerrata DSF and Brio."
    or "lets attach 'Then Draw 3 cards' to every Rank Up Magic, no one uses them so who cares?"

and so on

hard to believe I know, but what is and isn't meta doesn't make THAT much of an impact on the game, beyond the banlist and what the rarities the TCG decides to set cards at. Otherwise the last....4 years? of nostalgia sets wouldn't exist because who in their right mind would think Dark Magician or Blue-eyes would be meta back then?

there's no reason they can't alter mechanics (they just did that with Extra Deck zones and Pendulum changes), but not being competitive isn't a reason they should. otherwise that shiny new Extra monster zone would be reserved only for Links and Rank 3, 4, 5 and 8 Xyz. because nothing else has mattered for Years (Aside from D/Ds)

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Didn't they just update the Union mechanic last year?

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ScionStorm View Post
    Yep. For when ABC dropped.
    Sanokal

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No they just changed X Y Z and Heavy Mech support Platform to function like the later Unions, taking the hit for both Battle and Card effect destruction instead of just by battle (which Heavy mech already did) and Dropping the "only 1 monster can have a union on it at a time" clause

Pretty sure they haven't changed any other Union......yet atleast
    Last edited by Dread Kaiser; 16th April 2017 at 08:44 PM.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    EDIT: mistake

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dread Kaiser View Post
    and Dropping the "only 1 monster can have a union on it at a time" clause
    I thought that was the update...

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I thought that was the update...
    It only applies to the new Union monsters not the entire mechanic. Old crappy ones can still only have one

Sorry samurais no wearing 3 suits of armor at the same time

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dread Kaiser View Post
    They shouldn't. Ignoring the distinctions like where they can equip from, they would still have to write the whole text out anyway, like they do with Spirits.
    Tuners are the only subcategory that doesn't have it's rules explained on the card since the others tend to have variations like:
    Unions protecting from All destruction or just battle?
    Spirits that do something else when they bounce (Shinobirds and the Ice Barrier)
    The varies Classes of Toons
    etc

so there isn't any real point in making these pseudo Unions an offical type or ability, much like they don't make Trap Monsters separate from continuous Traps.
    i honestly think they should classify them as unions since that would allow them to be supported by generic union support. like imagine playing ZWs with combination attack, frontline base or roll out. this also allows them to hit 2 birds with one stone whenever they make another generic support. now, ZWs have to wait for another ZW/utopia card to get support.