User Tag List

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: [V Jump June 2017] Duelist Pack: Legend Duelist

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by haloichigo1 View Post
    If there are three spots between the Joey and amazoness cards, then I freaking hope for red-eyes retrains of flame swordsman, panther warrior and Jinzo. I also hope Valon's armor cards finally make their printing debut. I really like the idea of retraining Joey's cards to be part of the archetype of his ace. It would be cool to have classic Kaiba monsters retrained as blue-eyes cards and having Yugi monsters retrained to support dark magician or retrained as destruction sword cards. Just imagine queens, kings and jacks knight wielding giant buster swords and work along side buster blader.
    I'm hoping they are actual anime cards instead of retrains. Unless one is a retrain of Giltia the D. Knight. Also, a good place to put Big Bang Dragon Blow. Infact, if Armor cards get to be in this set, then make those 3 spaces be Big Bang Dragon Blow, Star Blaster/Roll of Fate and Aura Armor.

I'd imagine Aura Armor's effect being something like:

Activate when your opponent declares a Direct Attack while your Life Points are 4000 or less. Negate that attack and halve your Life Points, then Special Summon this card as a monster(Warrior/EARTH/Level 4/ATK ?/DEF ?). The ATK/DEF of this monster is equal to your current Life Points. Only 1 "Aura Armor" can be active on your field at a time.
    Last edited by ScionStorm; 18th April 2017 at 11:30 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think Parasite Paracide and Insect Queen support is pretty likely. Are these all going to be based on Joey's opponents or what?

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I feel stupid asking, but I'm going to anyway. I don't understand Red-Eyes Slash Dragon's (1) effect. The monster that is being equipped to Slash Dragon gains 200 ATK?

Also, I feel like Legendary Fisherman and Kairyu-Shin should make a Gaia The Dragon Champion style fusion monster.
    Last edited by ScionStorm; 19th April 2017 at 04:42 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ScionStorm View Post
    I feel stupid asking, but I'm going to anyway. I don't understand Red-Eyes Slash Dragon's (1) effect. The monster that is being equipped to Slash Dragon gains 200 ATK?

Also, I feel like Legendary Fisherman and Kairyu-Shin should make a Gaia The Dragon Champion style fusion monster.
    No, the monster becomes a equip-spell with the effect to increase the ATK of red-eyes slash dragon(s) by 2
    00 😊
    Last edited by starofpower; 19th April 2017 at 04:50 AM.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It equips a pilot.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by starofpower View Post
    No, the monster becomes a equip-spell with the effect to increase the ATK of red-eyes slash dragon(s) by 2
    00 ��
    Oh well that makes more sense. 200 ATK per equipped warrior isn't much. But it's interesting that the equip/ATK boost comes right after declaring an attack with any "Red-Eyes" monster by either player. Attack with several Red-Eyes monsters, equip several warriors, get multiple opportunities to negate and blow up any targeting card. And both effects can be activated on either player's turn in response to either player's cards. And a simple attack declaration with a Red-Eyes will re-equip any warrior sent to the graveyard as a result of activating Slasher Dragon's (2) effect. Bonus opportunity to flood the field with fallen warriors at the moment of Slasher Dragon's death.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Am I the only one here that wants Ziegfried's Walkyures to be here? But seeing these cards are game originals possibilities are low...

EDIT: By the way this confirms the rumour about Mako's stuff being in here, so if the rest of the rumour is true then we will be getting Keith's stuff too.
    Last edited by SadVictoires2; 19th April 2017 at 06:53 AM.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ziegfried is more of a Kaiba villain. Yeah, Joey dueled him. But he was a curb-stomped stepping stone toward Mr. Pink Hair's main plot against Seto.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm most pleased at how much I love this Duelist Pack! Also, there seems to be more than the usual amount of new cards in previous Duelist Packs, from what it looks.

Though it should be put out there that the 3 spots below the new cards are likely appropriate character-related reprints, as opposed to new stuff. It's too much of a consistent pattern with the 3 characters shown here. 4 new cards, followed by 3 character-related reprints.

Speaking of Anime cards, I love how Amazoness Princess and Pet Baby Tiger seemed to have been made with Amazoness Empress and Liger in mind. That's all kinds of awesome! I also like the Mako.Deck cards, though I could use a skeleton to look at as a starting point. Love the dynamic and cool looking artworks, too.

With that said, I'm now even more disappointed at us not getting Inlet when we got Fisherman III, as well as the fact that they passed up on even trying to give us some of the Amazoness Spell and Trap support from the Anime. That Princess directly searches them really rubs it in. At least we were given 2 new ones original ones to work with, but still.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, now I'm convince that I must play a 60-cards Red-Eyes with That Grass Looks Greener on the Other Side, Chaos engine and Predaplant engine splash into it. I'll see how it goes when YGoPro add those new Red-Eyes cards. I'm definitely plays 3 of each in my deck.