User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: (OCG) Various Promo News

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Odd-eyes wing dragon's monster effect is... eh, especially when compared to crystal wing or his servant version. however, what i really like about him is that he is a scale 10 with decent pendulum effect, and NO SUMMON RESTRICTION.

he can be SS by gate zero, and has full synergy with pendulum switch if properly summoned (unlike odd-eyes venom). the pendulum switch part is especially important because he can then evade certain removals by temporarily placing him in the pendulum zone. also by the next turn you summon him again, but this time you can put him in the MMZ allowing you to free space in the EMZ. not to mention that a scale 10 is definitely going to help summoning those higher level pendulum monsters like odd-eyes servant, odd-eyes venom or laughmaker.

so yeah, for pendulum decks i think that this card has more use than crystal wing.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by yshipster View Post
    Also you can actually summon a bunch of Link monsters in Pendulum Deck if you open with enough Pendulum monsters, so I might test a Pendulum Link Deck at some time...
    I've been doing just that, actually. To see how my Performapal deck would work once Links came out, I've been testing against myself with my entire extra deck replaced with a full Link one. (plus house ruling that any pendulum monster with more than 2000 atk has it reduced to 0, so I don't try to rely on just that). If you can get enough guys out at once, and also protect your link monsters, the recurring pendulum summons cascade into more links to summon more pendulums. But getting the whole chain started is kind of tricky, unless I need to change my tactics to make it work.

The main problem is the dearth of good generic links. You basically have to start with Decode Talker, then go to Proxy Dragon, Gaiasaber, or Firewall Dragon, depending on what you have.
    Current decks: Salamangreats, Knightmare Cyberse, and Odd-Eyes Performapals
    Originator of the Tulpa Summon, and the homebrewed cards you use with it.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm used to refer to them as card, so "it" is fine.
    You monster...
    I FUCKING HATE DUB NAMES! I HATE DUB NAMES SO MUCH!

Registered User Knight of the Lake's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What? Why would you need another Tuner if you already have a Tuner?

Also, you can summon Odd-Eyes Wing Dragon with Tuning + any Clear Wing (Synchro or Fast), and SKSD Clear Wing with Tuning + Odd-Eyes Pendulum Dragon.
    Because you need to Synchro Summon the "Clear Wing" monster first? So you need two Tuners and 1 non-Tuner.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You guys are forgetting that Tune Magician can only tune, overlay and fuse with other Magician Pendulums.

Registered User Knight of the Lake's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Silence View Post
    You guys are forgetting that Tune Magician can only tune, overlay and fuse with other Magician Pendulums.
    I am not. Tune Magician can use what it summons to go into the "Clear Wing" monster, meaning you are a Tuner short. However, with Tuning, you lack both a Tuner and non-Tuner.
    Last edited by Knight of the Lake; 19th April 2017 at 11:12 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ah, my bad!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Volteccer View Post
    I've been doing just that, actually. To see how my Performapal deck would work once Links came out, I've been testing against myself with my entire extra deck replaced with a full Link one. (plus house ruling that any pendulum monster with more than 2000 atk has it reduced to 0, so I don't try to rely on just that). If you can get enough guys out at once, and also protect your link monsters, the recurring pendulum summons cascade into more links to summon more pendulums. But getting the whole chain started is kind of tricky, unless I need to change my tactics to make it work.

The main problem is the dearth of good generic links. You basically have to start with Decode Talker, then go to Proxy Dragon, Gaiasaber, or Firewall Dragon, depending on what you have.
    The Link monsters from SD: Cyverse Link are generic as well, that's why I thought of such a deck in the first place. But good to know that I'm not the only one thinking that way.

Quote Originally Posted by KingJinzo View Post
    You monster...
    I am...

Quote Originally Posted by Knight of the Lake View Post
    Because you need to Synchro Summon the "Clear Wing" monster first? So you need two Tuners and 1 non-Tuner.
    But you do not need Tune Magician to summon a "Clear Wing" monster, and SKSD Clear Wing is always the one you should summon with Tune Magician, since he is in most situations the best option.

You'll never be "Kurosaki Shun riding a backflipping Revolution Falcon then jumping on a driving motorcycle"-cool.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    SKSD Clear Wing is level 8.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Archsorcerer View Post
    SKSD Clear Wing is level 8.
    Well, you can always level-eater on it and synchro with him (?)