(OCG) Various Promo News

https://ygorganization.com/v-jump-ju...7-promos-misc/

D/D/D Superdoom King Purplish Armageddon
    Level 10 DARK Fiend-Type Fusion Pendulum Effect Monster
    ATK 3500
    DEF 3000
    Pendulum Scale: 1
    Pendulum Effect:
    (1) Once per turn, during damage calculation, when a “D/D/D” Fusion Monster you control battles an opponent’s monster: You can have that opponent’s monster lose 1000 ATK until the end of this turn.
    Monster Effect:
    2 “D/D/D” monsters
    You can only use this card name’s (1) monster effect once per turn.
    (1) You can target 1 Attack Position monster your opponent controls; destroy it, and if you do, inflict damage to your opponent equal to half its original ATK.
    (2) Before damage calculation, when an opponent’s monster attacks or is attacked: You can have that opponent’s ATK become its original ATK until the end of the Damage Step.
    (3) If this card in the Monster Zone is destroyed: You can place this card in your Pendulum Zone
    Odd-Eyes Wing Dragon
    Level 8 DARK Dragon-Type Synchro Pendulum Effect Monster
    ATK 3000
    DEF 2500
    Pendulum Scale: 10
    Pendulum Effect:
    (1) Once per turn, before damage calculation, when a monster you control battles an opponent’s monster: You can have that monster you control gain ATK equal to that opponent’s monster’s ATK until the end of the Damage Step.
    Monster Effect:
    1 DARK Tuner + 1 non-Tuner “Clear Wing” monster
    You can only use either of this card name’s (1) or (2) effect per turn, and only once that turn.
    (1) You can target 1 Effect Monster your opponent controls; negate its effects until the end of this turn.
    (2) During either player’s Battle Phase, if this card was Synchro Summoned: You can destroy all Level 5 or higher monsters your opponent controls.
    (3) If this card is destroyed in the Monster Zone: You can place this card in your Pendulum Zone.

The next subscription promos are “White Stingray” and “D/D/D Supersight King Zero Maxwell” from the ARC-V manga. Their effects will be revealed next month in V Jump!

Registered User Voltanis The Adjudicator's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That has to be the ugliest Alternate Artwork I've ever seen.
    Purplish is fine, but the D/D extra deck is bloated as is. Will be cool in my Tarotrei-Summoner of Illusions deck, though!
    Wing Dragon... dumb name as it is, is really good, but... really hard to summon. I guess going for Fast Dragon to abuse Pendulum Synchros would be cool, but it requires a lot of moving and noninterchangeable parts.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Purplish armageddon could be useful at ending games with the first effect i think. Its alright.

Odd-eyes wind dragon is ok. Negating a monster's effect is alright but not being a quick effect hurts. Second effect won't be useful that much. Honest effect as a pendulum scale is alright.

Unlike the last D/D/D vjump, this one is going to be meh. Laplace was interesting since it was a retrained clear vice dragon. Maxwell is just a piercer that shrinks defence to 0. Atm, doesn't have an effect to switch a monster to defence. White stingray is going to be meh/crap.
    Vector = best character in zexal
    Yuuri is better though and the best character in arc v.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Both monsters are pretty meh. And since we got a very limited Extra Deck space on the field now, I don't see much situations in which I would summon any of them.

You'll never be "Kurosaki Shun riding a backflipping Revolution Falcon then jumping on a driving motorcycle"-cool.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wing Dragon came at the worst possible time.

only hits LV5+ monsters, Links are about to be the only thing that matters

Not too hard to summon at least, but the DARK tuner part kinda stings
    I don't have a Problem, I have a Hobby.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dammit, they nerfed Purplish. Ah well.
    Sanokal

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dread Kaiser View Post
    Wing Dragon came at the worst possible time.

only hits LV5+ monsters, Links are about to be the only thing that matters

Not too hard to summon at least, but the DARK tuner part kinda stings
    Tuning Magician becomes better which each day, since it summons Odd-Eyes Wing Dragon and SKSD Clear Wing now. But yeah, Link machanic kills the Zarc deck too fast.

You'll never be "Kurosaki Shun riding a backflipping Revolution Falcon then jumping on a driving motorcycle"-cool.

Registered User ThePhotonLegion's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Annoyed that they made "Supersight" a Sub promo. I've actaully lost count on the back log for those we have right now.

Does make me curious as to how we're going to have PP20 handled though, now we have another few cards taken out. VRAINS Manga early after launch? Arc-V anime cards? Or just a repeat of last years?

Registered User Knight of the Lake's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by yshipster View Post
    Tuning Magician becomes better which each day, since it summons Odd-Eyes Wing Dragon and SKSD Clear Wing now. But yeah, Link machanic kills the Zarc deck too fast.
    Do you mean Tune Magician? The latter is better at summoning this since it provides 2/3 of the materials, but still needing a Synchro from a restricted group of 2 is bad. Why not just play Crystal Wing, which has this card's first effect, but at Spell Speed 2, without targeting and with ATK gain? The second effect would have been a plus over Crystal if it didn't have that Level restriction.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Knight of the Lake View Post
    Do you mean Tune Magician?
    No I mean Tuning Magician. You can't summon this one with Tune Magician, since there are no level 4 Clear Wing Magician monsters.