User Tag List

Thread: [CP17] Amazoness Spy

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[CP17] Amazoness Spy

The Tribute fodder for Amazoness Queen used by the Tyler Sisters in Yu-Gi-Oh! ARC-V has been revealed for the OCG.

CP17-JP021 アマゾネスの斥候 Amazoness no Sekkou (Amazoness Spy)
    Level 3 EARTH Warrior-Type Effect Monster
    ATK 800
    DEF 1200
    You can only use this card name’s (1) effect once per turn.
    (1) You can reveal 1 other “Amazoness” monster in your hand; Special Summon this card from your hand.
    (2) When this card is destroyed by battle and sent to the Graveyard: You can target 1 “Amazoness” monster in your Graveyard, except “Amazoness Spy”; either add it to the hand, or shuffle it into the Deck.

So when she dies by battle, she either recycles a monster or adds it back to hand. Alright.
    Vector = best character in zexal
    Yuuri is better though and the best character in arc v.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Will be used most of the times as Missus Radiant fodder than Amazoness Queen one honestly. At least the background is cool.
    Last edited by LolsterXD97; 19th April 2017 at 11:13 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In and of itself, I'll say the card is alright enough.

It does its job of providing field precence for whatever reasons you may need it for well enough in the Deck, even if that's more useful for Synchros, Links, and Xyzes than Fusions. I maintain that the way it Summons itself if relatively unique.

That said, you can tell that there was a different mindset gone into creating this card than there might be with others. Though effect destruction conflicts while Empress is on the field, Battle destruction would do the same while Queen is present, yet they made the second effect only work from Battle destruction. I kind of feel that a Battle ony trigger looks better on Red-Eyes Baby Dragon than an Amazon card, taking their respective supports in question and that I'd feel more comfortable ramming Baby Dragon for a Red-Eyes from the Deck than doing so with Spy for an Amazoness from the Grave, even if its thematic for the Amazoness. I'd reconsider if she allowed recovery of their Spells and Traps, but alas.

I would have also liked some kind of more obvious Fusion support for Spy, even if it would have been a convenient buff, as Spy had nothing to do with Fusion Summoning other than being used as a Material. I'm not worked up over it, however, since we did get Princess and Baby Tiger, which did have their Fusions in mind with regards to their effects.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by LolsterXD97 View Post
    Will be used most of the times as Missus Radiant fodder than Amazoness Queen one honestly. At least the background is cool.
    Yeah, I see this happening, too, to be honest. I'd also say that the new Trap works better at getting any potentially stray Queens out of your hand than Spy will, taking everything into consideration.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not bad, but I would have liked if they added fusion support to her. Maybe a contact fusion effect that requires her and another amazoness on the field as fusion material for her second effect. As it stands for amazoness support it just serves as tribute for queen or being an on field amazoness for tiger to be powered up by and she is a recycler, but only through battle.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You can use it to make M-X Saber Invoker in the Amazoness deck.

That boob is gonna be covered in the TCG.
    Last edited by Archsorcerer; 21st April 2017 at 02:21 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Archsorcerer View Post

I doubt it. Lunalights didn't get touched.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Archsorcerer View Post

The TCG is pretty nice about not censoring amazoness cards.