User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: [CP17] Performapal Five-Arc Magician

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, this thing is mostly useless. I might run it, to get back Odd-Eyes Venom Dragon or something, but probably not.
    Current decks: Salamangreats, Knightmare Cyberse, and Odd-Eyes Performapals
    Originator of the Tulpa Summon, and the homebrewed cards you use with it.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ScionStorm View Post
    Nope. 1) It specifies the Spell/Trap Zone. 2) Field Spells are set in the regular Spell/Trap Zone and only go to the Field Spell Zone if they are activated.
    The 2 part. I don't remember Field-Spells being set in the spell/trap card zone. I think there's a card that places Field-Spells face-down but I don't remember what it is.

"A minute or 2 later" It's Festival Spinning / Revolving Stage.
    Last edited by JTSW; 26th April 2017 at 01:29 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    this card is shit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nope. 1) It specifies the Spell/Trap Zone. 2) Field Spells are set in the regular Spell/Trap Zone and only go to the Field Spell Zone if they are activated.
    2) Lol no, fields spell have their own zone, beign active or set, they must go in that place.

1) I know that it specifies s/t zone, but some other cards with that specification also affects the field spell, but i dont remember any now, but maybe they changed the text with the pendulums.

Registered User ThePhotonLegion's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wanted all the "OE" Pendulum monsters here, but this is fine for collection purposes I guess. Shame there's no real excuse to use it's placement to exclude other potential candidates. Unless being part "Magician" means wit would come before the not-part "Magician" "Performapals".

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    dafuq are you talking about?
    field spells are in field zone, at all times. they never go to spell/trap zone outside absurdly specific circumstances involving magical hats and relinquish-like monsters
    I don't have a Problem, I have a Hobby.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dammit. I had a momentary lapse. I need to stop posting half asleep. You guys are completely right. I have no idea where my brain was going on that one. Sorry, guys.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Should have had a Supreme King Gate Infinity clause instead of only restricting Pendulum Summon to the Extra Deck. And its second Pendulum Effect got trounced hard since we are in post-Links era. At least the art and Monster Effect are cool (and the later would be even more if the Pendulum Effect had the aforementioned clause).
    Last edited by LolsterXD97; 26th April 2017 at 08:42 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Honestly, I really, really like this card. It's restriction is kind of frustrating with the dawn of the new ear, and it's second Pendulum effect, too, to a lesser extent, but I just can't be frustrated by this card for too long.

The thing is, you kind of have to look at this Monster from a different perspective. Seeing it more as a highly searchable Continuous Spell Card shines a brighter light on it than looking at it normally likely would. It's first effect is pretty potent of a hinderance, especially if you have means of controlling the amount of Set cards the opponet has. The more Monsters in-hand, the less likely they are able to have Spells and Traps that they can Set or that they can afford to Set. If they have to many Spells and Traps, their Monster line-up will likely be limited. With the likes of Heavy Dust Storm and similar, keeping this first effect live to stop opponent's from Attacking or using their effects should be pretty easy more often than not.

It's not as helpful in a Performapal, Odd-Eyes, or Pendulum Magician Deck as it could be, though it does help with getting the Fusion and Synchro Odd-Eyes Hybrids from the Extra Deck, as well as Servant Odd-Eyes, too (but not from hand, alas), so it isn't completely out of the question to at least use one in Decks that make use of those Monsters.

I'm really happy we got this card, all things considered. With that said, I do wonder what will the 3 Monsters in-between Five-Arc and Lancer Dragon be?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by J. D. Guy View Post
    I'm really happy we got this card, all things considered. With that said, I do wonder what will the 3 Monsters in-between Five-Arc and Lancer Dragon be?
    At the least Dissolver and Synchron, since those were Yuya's enablers to Summon the Dragons in the final episodes. And they have high quality art too like Five-Arc Magician (Minotaur too, btw).
    Last edited by LolsterXD97; 26th April 2017 at 08:59 PM.