User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: [TCG] MACR Checklist and Rarities

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm just going to take this opportunity to talk about Sky Magician. The ace of Yuya's father, who Yuya looked up to and who was known as a powerful duelist in his time, Sky Magician appeared in the first opening, and periodically throughout the series. It might be the second most hyped monster in the series, after Starving Venom. But unlike SVFD, Performapal Sky Magician was so not worth the wait. It has a temporary and slight powerup effect, can pop a thing, and an effect that needs it's specific support cards in hand to make work.

I say all of this leading up to this statement: it really shouldn't have been an ultra rare in the OCG, and I'm glad the TCG fixed that mistake. As a trade-off, they made Gatlinghoul rarer, which is fair, because a) it actually works with the performapal strategy (this is the first and only fusion monster for an archetype with four cards that enable fusion summoning), and b) it can kill something immediately, and also can do some serious burn damage to boot.
    Current decks: Salamangreats, Knightmare Cyberse, and Odd-Eyes Performapals
    Originator of the Tulpa Summon, and the homebrewed cards you use with it.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Volteccer View Post
    I'm just going to take this opportunity to talk about Sky Magician. The ace of Yuya's father, who Yuya looked up to and who was known as a powerful duelist in his time, Sky Magician appeared in the first opening, and periodically throughout the series. It might be the second most hyped monster in the series, after Starving Venom. But unlike SVFD, Performapal Sky Magician was so not worth the wait. It has a temporary and slight powerup effect, can pop a thing, and an effect that needs it's specific support cards in hand to make work.

I say all of this leading up to this statement: it really shouldn't have been an ultra rare in the OCG, and I'm glad the TCG fixed that mistake. As a trade-off, they made Gatlinghoul rarer, which is fair, because a) it actually works with the performapal strategy (this is the first and only fusion monster for an archetype with four cards that enable fusion summoning), and b) it can kill something immediately, and also can do some serious burn damage to boot.
    OCG Rarities are more Anime based than anything
    I don't have a Problem, I have a Hobby.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    But weren't all the Timelords Ultra Rare in the anime?

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ScionStorm View Post
    But weren't all the Timelords Ultra Rare in the anime?
    No I mean Anime related cards tend to get the rarity bump in the OCG
    I don't have a Problem, I have a Hobby.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dread Kaiser View Post
    MACR-EN090 Gift Exchange
    MACR-EN091 Kaiser Sea Snake
    MACR-EN094 Artifact Vajra
    MACR-EN095 Mild Turkey
    MACR-EN096 Ghost Beef
    MACR-EN097 Vennu, Bright Bird of Divinity
    MACR-EN098 Primal Cry
    MACR-EN099 Onikuji
    What I would say is "one of those craps should really have been dropped in favor of Recite Starling".
    Cubic, Cyber Angel, Gimmick Puppet, Lunalight, Lyrilusc, Melodious, Performapal Odd-Eyes Magician, Phantom Knights, Predaplant, Qli, Raidraptor, Speedroid, Supreme King Magician, Windwitch