User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Near-Release VRAINS Information

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Specter is the only Knight of Hanoi that doesn't wear a mask, I wonder why. Also it's a shame that they introduce Go as the strongest duelist inside Link VRAINS and make him lose to Playmaker this fast.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dread Kaiser View Post
    on that note, why the hell did they even make the Cat vs Dog episode. it amounted to nothing whatsoever. neither of them even got their cards printed. and from Zexal era, that is actually noteworthy given they printed half assed archetypes like Star Seraphs (prior to the exclusives) or the Umbral Horrors. I feel like the only reason Cathy existed is because the Writers decided Yuma needed a stalker/fangirl.....
    That episode did in fact have a purpose, and it's pretty much Cathy's best episode, taken in conjunction with her first episode. (Pity she only really had two. Three if you care to be extremely generous.)

The point of that episode, besides the cynically pragmatic reason of booting her from the World Duel Carnival before the finals, was to showcase her growth. They did so by contrasting her with her opponent Pip, who is very much like what Cathy was before her Duel with Yuma and subsequent interactions with him and the others. Lonely, and cripplingly shy. (The stalking thing was her misguided way of trying to get Yuma to notice her.)

That was a beautiful character episode, and one of my favorites from Zexal. Its biggest highlight, rather ironically, also showcased how tragic it was that Cathy was misused beyond this and her intro episode, and scattered bit moments here and there.

Quote Originally Posted by SadVictoires2 View Post
    Specter is the only Knight of Hanoi that doesn't wear a mask, I wonder why. Also it's a shame that they introduce Go as the strongest duelist inside Link VRAINS and make him lose to Playmaker this fast.
    It is still possible at this time that Go won't actually lose to Yusaku, even if that's rather unlikely given previous patterns.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by J. D. Guy View Post
    Do you mean nods within VRAINS or between different series? The first should obviously not be a problem, and the second has been done even in the like of Zexal, which had various nods and allusions in spite of otherwise not having any direct connections to previous series.

There's some obvious setup for most of the characters introduced here. We'll just need to see how they'll play out in practice.

Cathy did, as she had a partially filled Heart she gave to Pip after losing to her (which also didn't go anywhere beyond being the reason Cathy was no longer in the tournament...).

The point is, Yuma's school friends were setup early on as if they were going to have relevance and agency of some kind beyond being Yuma's friends who cheered him on, and in the end, they only occasionally even did that, what with how Tori was the only one who stuck by Yuma to the end (girl gets bonus points because of that alone). Bronk, Cathy, and, on a different level, Flip were used at first as if they were going to be more than they ended up being. A lot of folks who didn't care for them probably don't even acknowledge their original potential and their misuse, but it was their and they were misused. (It gets my goat when I hear people say how "misused" Arc-V's characters were, even though they were majorily used quite well, just not as those people wanted, when passed series did these things so much more so and tend to be ignored, "forgotten", or excused.)

Yuma grew, but everyone else stayed the same, bar Tori, and only really because she at least didn't ditch Yuma when it was convenient for the writers, as the writers had the others do.
    It went and did the whole "ignoring 5D's thing".

Maybe I'm just salty that the Original Dimension is gone for good. I was hoping there'd be background clarification as to its state.

That Cathy episode was the only ZEXAL episode that I never watched...

Speaking of continuity nods, apparently the Master Guide 5 is out, and it's finally confirmed the identity of Construct - Gem-Knight Lapis.
    Last edited by Sanokal; 7th May 2017 at 10:57 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanokal View Post
    It went and did the whole "ignoring 5D's thing".

Maybe I'm just salty that the Original Dimension is gone for good. I was hoping there'd be background clarification as to its state.

That Cathy episode was the only ZEXAL episode that I never watched...

Speaking of continuity nods, apparently the Master Guide 5 is out, and it's finally confirmed the identity of Construct - Gem-Knight Lapis.
    For the former, I admit, I don't know what to tell ya.

For the latter, cool! Do you have a link to any translations?

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For the former, I admit, I don't know what to tell ya.

For the latter, cool! Do you have a link to any translations?
    Nah; the only reason I know is cause someone (a reliable someone) added it to the wiki.
    Sanokal

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That episode did in fact have a purpose, and it's pretty much Cathy's best episode, taken in conjunction with her first episode. (Pity she only really had two. Three if you care to be extremely generous.)

The point of that episode, besides the cynically pragmatic reason of booting her from the World Duel Carnival before the finals, was to showcase her growth. They did so by contrasting her with her opponent Pip, who is very much like what Cathy was before her Duel with Yuma and subsequent interactions with him and the others. Lonely, and cripplingly shy. (The stalking thing was her misguided way of trying to get Yuma to notice her.)

That was a beautiful character episode, and one of my favorites from Zexal. Its biggest highlight, rather ironically, also showcased how tragic it was that Cathy was misused beyond this and her intro episode, and scattered bit moments here and there.

It is still possible at this time that Go won't actually lose to Yusaku, even if that's rather unlikely given previous patterns.
    yes, her best of....2 episodes isn't saying much. showcasing that amazing character growth of "Stalker Fangirl" --> "Normal (Bland) Girl (useless side character never to be seen again) with a cat theme". Greatest character arc in YGO, ever.

sugar coat it all you want, neither that episode or her entire character should have existed. that episode served nothing to the plot beyond removing her from it (which could have been done off screen (like the Dog girl....) or by never including her to begin with), wasn't particularly great (I CANNOT have been the only one that facepalmed at the idea of a dog playing card games) and wasn't even merchandised...which is half the point of the anime
    I don't have a Problem, I have a Hobby.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Constellar28 View Post
    Theory time...

Yusaku doesn't have Link Monsters in episode 1. Cracking Dragon is weak against Link Monsters.

Yusaku can't win because his monsters are main Deck, therefore weak against Cracking Dragon.

What if the "certain action" is the Lifeform creating Link Monsters, sort of like the Pendulum situation?
    Unlikely, since the game format with only 1 Extra Deck Zone is already established, but that format doesn't make sense without Link monsters.

You'll never be "Kurosaki Shun riding a backflipping Revolution Falcon then jumping on a driving motorcycle"-cool.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanokal View Post
    Nah; the only reason I know is cause someone (a reliable someone) added it to the wiki.
    I wish the Wiki would go more in depth with what is talked about in the Master Guides. I don't think there's a clear page for that passed Master Guide 2.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ScionStorm View Post
    I wish the Wiki would go more in depth with what is talked about in the Master Guides. I don't think there's a clear page for that passed Master Guide 2.
    There's an old article on the org for Master Guide 4.
    Sanokal