User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Near-Release VRAINS Information

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Near-Release VRAINS Information

A conglomerate post of the new near-release information on Yu-Gi-Oh! VRAINS, before its start-date of Wednesday, May 10th.

Quote Originally Posted by VRAINS Dueling Formats
    [VRAINS] Regarding Duel Formats

Straight from the anime news magazine Animedia.

An interview with Director Hosoda and Yoshida Shin of Series Direction confirms a few items.

The Speed Duel Format in the show will be similar to Riding Duels in 5D’s, but you can also move up and down, besides just going straight forward, using your D-Board. (It isn’t explained if it also uses the Speed Duel rules of 3 Monsters and 3 S/Ts).

As well, there will be Duels in which Duelists stand on the ground, that will be referred to as Master Duels, that will run on the normal rules.

Thanks to DMC344 from Neo Ark Cradle and Eva for help with this.
    Quote Originally Posted by VRAINS' Episode Summaries
    [VRAINS] Info on Episodes 2 to 5

4 and 5 are titles only. But it sounds like the first three episodes form a continuous plot thread.

Episode 2: 風を掴め!Storm Access – Kaze wo Tsukame! Sutoomu Akusesu (Catch the Wind! Storm Access)

Yusaku managed to capture the mysterious lifeform as he chases after the Knights of Hanoi. In order to defeat them, he logs into the VR Space network, Link VRAINS, as Playmaker. He commenced a Duel, holding the lifeform as a hostage. However, the lifeform predicted that “Yusaku can’t win with his deck,” and performed a certain action…

Script: 吉田伸 || Yoshida Shin
    Storyboard: 須永 司 || Sunaga Tsukasa
    Direction: 武藤公春 || Mutou Kimiharu
    Animation Director(s): 川村裕哉, 宇代祐規 || Kawamura Yuya, Ushiro Yuki

Episode 3: ファースト・コンタクト – Faasuto Kontakuto (First Contact)

Yusaku begins to examine the information hidden in the mysterious lifeform. Meanwhile, after his Duel against the Knights in the network, he became famous as the hero who saved Link VRAINS. Learning that the lifeform is with Playmaker, SOL Technology sets up an operation to capture it…

Script: 吉田伸 || Yoshida Shin
    Storyboard: 髙田昌宏 || Takada Masahiro
    Direction: 三家本泰美|| Mikamoto Yasumi
    Animation Director(s): TBA

Episode 4: カリスマデュエリストGo鬼塚 Karisuma Dyueisuto Go Onizuka (The Charisma Duelist: Go Onizuka)

Script: 武上純希 || Takegami Junki
    Storyboard: 山本隆太 || Yamamoto Ryuta
    Direction: 布施康之 || Fuse Yasuyuki

Episode 5 鳴動のスリーカウント Meidou no Surii Kaunto (The Bell Rings on the Count Of Three)

Script: 武上純希 || Takegami Junki
    Storyboard: ありえゆうき || Arie Yuki
    Direction: 神原敏明 || Kamihara Toshiaki

Thanks to DMC344 for the translations. Episode Title for Episode 5 has been translated differently by me to get the point across clearer.
    Quote Originally Posted by VRAINS' Secondary Character Summaries and Story Information
    [VRAINS] Further Character Info and Story Info

Especially on secondary characters and the two secondary protaganists. All from Animedia.

Specter
    A member of the Knights of Hanoi, he serves as Revolver’s right hand man. He calmly analyzes and reports the goings-on of events in LINK VRAINS.

Bessho, Ema
    A mysterious woman. Based on the clothes she wears, it appears she Duels inside LINK VRAINS.

Zaizen, Akira
    The Security Chief of SOL Technology Inc. and Aoi’s older brother. He has a workaholic personality, and doesn’t seem to care much about Aoi.

Shima, Naoki
    Yusaku’s classmate. Although he heavily enjoys Dueling, he’s not very confident in his ability to Duel online in LINK VRAINS. He’s a fan of Playmaker.

Zaizen, Aoi
    A classmate of Yusaku’s, but remains in the dark as to Yusaku’s True Identity. Online in LINK VRAINS, she goes by the alias “Blue Angel”, a popular Charisma Duelist.
    • She has a Brother Complex.
    • She wants to admit to her brother that she Duels.

Onizuka, Go
    A Duelist who goes by “Go Onizuka” inside LINK VRAINS. Although he’s extremely popular due to his exciting Duels, he’s also known for his friendly and kind-hearted side in the Real World. He’s interested in the person known as “Playmaker”.

• He looks the same in real life and online.
    • He holds the title of the strongest Duelist inside LINK VRAINS
    • He’s popular even offline.

Also claimed from the Interview in Animedia with Yoshida and Director Hosoda:

• The series is based in a world roughly 10 years from now where a massive Virtual Reality Network called LINK VRAINS has been established. It’s a suspense thriller style story where Yusaku fights in order to learn the truth of events in the past.
    • While Yusaku gets his hands on an AI due to certain events, he fights the mysterious hackers called the “Knights of Hanoi” who are trying to get their hands on it as well
    • Duels will basically only be done in the Virtual Reality Network, and while Yusaku’s daily High School Life will factor into things, Yusaku doesn’t Duel while at School.
    Last edited by J. D. Guy; 6th May 2017 at 06:19 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So is the unname KOH actually Specter, or are they 2 different people?
    Also, I wonder who Bishop is. I hope they have a character named Rook to go with him.
    The dankest duelist you'll ever meet.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Theory time...

Yusaku doesn't have Link Monsters in episode 1. Cracking Dragon is weak against Link Monsters.

Yusaku can't win because his monsters are main Deck, therefore weak against Cracking Dragon.

What if the "certain action" is the Lifeform creating Link Monsters, sort of like the Pendulum situation?
    The dankest duelist you'll ever meet.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A couple of my own reactions on the above info:

Based on the fact that the show starts with a "3-Episode Pilot" staring Yusaku and his actions, as well as the 3 bulleted points at the end, particularly that 3rd one, this further confirms my thought process that felt that this show is gonna be focused on Yusaku, and that anyone who isn't Yusaku or connected to his story and plight likely won't have much of any agency or character of their own. That last point implies this somewhat heavily in my opinion because it mentions that Yusaku doesn't Duel offline and that Duels will basically be only online. Though one may choose to argue that those two points might not be mutually exclusive (though they're n the same sentence), I do feel they point in that direction. Similarly, anyone who doesn't Duel online might be hamstrung, like poor Noaki, who may remain a "fan of Dueling" and of Playmaker indefinitely (assuming they don't introduce him to online play as a storyline, that is, but it remains to be seen if anyone not connected to Yusaku's desires, the SOL Corp. or the Hacker Knights will be allowed to have anything to themselves at this point).

Basically, Yusaku may well be almost the only one who Duels on the right side of the screen. That's not a problem for anyone who doesn't mind such, of course, though for those who prefer variety, that might not be so palatable. (So anyone who felt that Yusei and Yuma Dueled too much in their respective series, too much even for being the main character and in belie of their supporting and secondary casts, should likely steel themselves.)

On the other hand, I do like how they all but confirm that Go's gonna be a cool dude all around. He's warm and cordial off the stage and only plays the confident and cocky "Heel" on it, and he's popular either way. Also, its been mentioned in passing before, but it seems that impressive physique isn't just a VRAINS "illusion" and that he looks the same on and offline. That theory of mine where he's has like two separate lives is also debunked (though it still applies to Blue Angel).

Go being currently acknowledged as the strongest Duelist in Link VRAINS is also interesting. That's something when you think about it: Yusaku first gains notoriety from the first 3 episodes' events (perhaps he stayed covert more so beforehand), and right after he gains it, he somehow goes on to challenge VRAINS' strongest Duelist. I'd kinda like it if Yusaku lost to Go here, but such a setup rather dictates that he's going to win (ala Yugi beating Kaiba and Yuya beating The Sledgehammer). Either way, Go becomes intrigued by his Duel with the Playmaker, and eventually finds himself inside Yusaku's inner circle (that he will no doubt amass, though I wonder how long will his two personas be kept a secret/separate?).

Right now, the Duels, the animation, and the wrestler dude are my biggest anticipations for VRAINS. I look forward to the first episode, come what may.
    Last edited by J. D. Guy; 6th May 2017 at 06:54 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Constellar28 View Post
    So is the unname KOH actually Specter, or are they 2 different people?
    Also, I wonder who Bishop is. I hope they have a character named Rook to go with him.
    For the former, we'll likely know either way very soon. My guess is that they are two different people.

The generic Knights of Hanoi will be akin to the masked Obelisk Force. It wouldn't be much of a "Knights" if there were only 3 people running the show on that end. Plus, they'd need minions of some kind, lest they end up having to do everything themselves, which would make their overall feel come off as pretentious (which may or may not be the writers' goal).
    Quote Originally Posted by Constellar28 View Post
    Theory time...

Yusaku doesn't have Link Monsters in episode 1. Cracking Dragon is weak against Link Monsters.

Yusaku can't win because his monsters are main Deck, therefore weak against Cracking Dragon.

What if the "certain action" is the Lifeform creating Link Monsters, sort of like the Pendulum situation?
    We will need to see, though I'd say that it won't quite go that way, based on the fact that Go, Blue Angel, and Revolver already all have Links of their own.

Still, it has to be something, or they wouldn't have bothered pointing that out as a point of interest.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    One other thing that just crossed my mind.

I wonder how exactly the apparent overall theme of "Don't be afraid to try new things" comes into play with this series? Based off what we now know, Yusaku seems as if he were already super awesome, and his plight and agenda doesn't seem to have room for him being apprehensive of trying anything new.

Naoki seems to be the only one who fits this theme, based off of what is said about him here, with him not being confident enough to Duel online, but as I said before, it remains to be seen as to precisely what role his character will have in this show, and if he'll be allowed to have such a story fleshed out for him in the midst of all this chaos that's already going on. Here's hoping.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The translation here forgot to mention Naoki never dueled online before, but it seems like everyone got this point here.

I'm disappointed the info on Ema doesn't really say anything.

Now I'm curious about Specter just because how close his name is to Vector.
    IRL Decks: Pure Artifact, Lyrilusc (work in progress) and futurely Time Thief
    Online: Trap Monster, Trickstar, Eyes Restrict
    Pre-Link Format: DDD, Heraldic Beast, Chronomaly

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post

Now I'm curious about Specter just because how close his name is to Vector.
    Well, we got three Rei and they were all very different.
    I FUCKING HATE DUB NAMES! I HATE DUB NAMES SO MUCH!

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Based on a world set ten years in the future...
    Goddammit Yoshida, don't pull this crap again.
    Sanokal

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by J. D. Guy View Post
    Basically, Yusaku may well be almost the only one who Duels on the right side of the screen. That's not a problem for anyone who doesn't mind such, of course, though for those who prefer variety, that might not be so palatable. (So anyone who felt that Yusei and Yuma Dueled too much in their respective series, too much even for being the main character and in belie of their supporting and secondary casts, should likely steel themselves.)
    Both fall flat in comparison to Judai anyway. I challenge Yusaku to have +70 Duels.