User Tag List

Thread: Souleating Oviraptor with Lost World combo ruling

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Answered: Souleating Oviraptor with Lost World combo ruling

question to make sure I have the oviraptor lost world combo right.

oviraptor targets the token from lost world to special summon a dinosaur you have in the grave, but you use lost world to save the token and destroy another dinosaur from your deck instead.

Since the intended target, the token, was not destroyed oviraptor dose NOT get the special summon right?

I had people at locals even a judge telling me I still get the special summon off oviraptor which made little sense to me, also, they don't put much stock in ygopro.

2. "You are correct

If this card is Normal or Special Summoned: You can take 1 Dinosaur-Type monster from your Deck, and either add it to your hand or send it to the Graveyard. You can target 1 other Level 4 or lower Dinosaur-Type monster on the field; destroy it, then Special Summon 1 Dinosaur-Type monster from your Graveyard in Defense Position. You can only use each effect of "Souleating Oviraptor" once per turn.
    In a "Do A, then do B" effect, B happens after A. A is required for B (but NOT vice-versa). So if A does not happen, then B does not happen and the effect stops at that point. (If B cannot happen, you still do A.)

so if you don't destroy it, the rest of the effect doesn't happen (BTW the "And if you do" is Identical, but happens simultaniously instead of sequentially)

if Oviraptor said "Also" or "Also, After that" THEN it wouldn't matter if the token was destroyed

http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/PSCT#Action_structure

Details there"

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You are correct

If this card is Normal or Special Summoned: You can take 1 Dinosaur-Type monster from your Deck, and either add it to your hand or send it to the Graveyard. You can target 1 other Level 4 or lower Dinosaur-Type monster on the field; destroy it, then Special Summon 1 Dinosaur-Type monster from your Graveyard in Defense Position. You can only use each effect of "Souleating Oviraptor" once per turn.
    In a "Do A, then do B" effect, B happens after A. A is required for B (but NOT vice-versa). So if A does not happen, then B does not happen and the effect stops at that point. (If B cannot happen, you still do A.)

so if you don't destroy it, the rest of the effect doesn't happen (BTW the "And if you do" is Identical, but happens simultaniously instead of sequentially)

if Oviraptor said "Also" or "Also, After that" THEN it wouldn't matter if the token was destroyed

http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/PSCT#Action_structure

Details there
    Last edited by Dread Kaiser; 10th May 2017 at 02:42 AM.
    I don't have a Problem, I have a Hobby.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They did make a deal about the grammar of the card, specifically the semicolon; but I think they thought it was a colon. The way the judge interpreted it was that "since something was destroyed you still get the special summon." I think he thought lost world redirected the effect or something, he doesn't play dinos yet. Thank you for the detailed reply.
    Last edited by iCards; 10th May 2017 at 02:57 AM.