User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Vrains Episode 1

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    though I am wondering what kind of Role Firewall Dragon will have.

this is the first time a MC ace had a direct removal effect, and the anime doesn't usually allow important monsters to be removed by effects (which is why Stardust Dragon's effect saw so little use compared to Utopia or Odd-Eyes)

either they break that rule, or killing enemy boss monster will be Decode Talker's Job
    I don't have a Problem, I have a Hobby.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dread Kaiser View Post
    though I am wondering what kind of Role Firewall Dragon will have.

this is the first time a MC ace had a direct removal effect, and the anime doesn't usually allow important monsters to be removed by effects (which is why Stardust Dragon's effect saw so little use compared to Utopia or Odd-Eyes)

either they break that rule, or killing enemy boss monster will be Decode Talker's Job
    I'm still waiting for the duels to start. Firewall Dragon has all the hallmarks of a protagonist ace, but Decode looks like Ignis, which may or may not be important. Vrains could buck the trend and have Yusaku use Decode more than Firewall, but we won't know until a few episodes in.
    Current decks: Salamangreats, Knightmare Cyberse, and Odd-Eyes Performapals
    Originator of the Tulpa Summon, and the homebrewed cards you use with it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Volteccer View Post
    I'm still waiting for the duels to start. Firewall Dragon has all the hallmarks of a protagonist ace, but Decode looks like Ignis, which may or may not be important. Vrains could buck the trend and have Yusaku use Decode more than Firewall, but we won't know until a few episodes in.
    In the 1st half of 5ds Yusei used Junk Warrior more than Stardust,then the opposite happened in the second half.So Yusaku using Decode more in the first few episodes does not mean much.
    I know what you did last summer.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by yshipster View Post
    Also I wonder what Ignis did to Yusaku's deck. Did he give him Link monsters? But the Charisma duelists and the Knights of Hanoi should already have those... Did he give him Cyberse-Type monsters? But he already had Linx Slayer previously... I guess next episode gives the answer on that.
    My guess is that he changed all monsters Yusaku had into Cyberse-Type.
    IRL Decks: Pure Artifact, Lyrilusc (work in progress) and futurely Time Thief
    Online: Trap Monster, Trickstar, Eyes Restrict
    Pre-Link Format: DDD, Heraldic Beast, Chronomaly

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wonder what meaning the Millenium Eye symbol has, if it will be related to the story. Most probably not, but I liked to see that in the OP.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good first ep, but I hope that the speed duels will be interesting to watch. I have less worries for the master duels. Also with the monster cameos I hope that vrains will feature the other mechanics.
    To curb an abundance of sodium chloride, bring plenty to drink.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Episode had too much info dump for my liking, but I would be lying if I said I didn't like how the first episode didn't have a Duel (it speaks volumes, but not in a bad way, imo). Other than that:

-Ignis.
    -Yusaku screwing with Naoki.
    -Akira talking to a giant chess piece.
    -The hot dog truck being used as an operations base.
    -Virtual surfing.

Episode made me laugh as well thanks to those. Also, Cracking Dragon and Decode Talker look so fucking cool in the preview.
    Last edited by LolsterXD97; 13th May 2017 at 02:42 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Swampertmaster View Post
    Good first ep, but I hope that the speed duels will be interesting to watch. I have less worries for the master duels. Also with the monster cameos I hope that vrains will feature the other mechanics.
    You could see Dark Tuner nightmare in the Background in the first Episode of zexal, i wouldn´t Count on it

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    While I enjoyed the episode for the most part, especially art-wise, I really was pining for a Duel that never came, and I worry for the precedent that may have showcased. I also feel that things would have been able to flow better if they aired the first two episodes together, as opposed to starving the audience of a Duel for a whole week after the show has begun, even in spite of being in the name of set-up (and it already started later than Yugioh shows do, anyway).

I'm also quite a bit shocked to find out how much of a jerk Yusaku was to Naoki, and seemingly is in general when he's not dealing with his agenda, especially since Naoki was just trying to be a normal, friendly teen to the guy who was sitting in class asleep and sullen as he pleased. Him balancing it out with good points is not a condonation either. It doesn't help that his points that supposedly prove that Naoki is weak doesn't actually prove that. He uses assumptions as direct correlations that don't automatically equate (arrogance doesn't not equate to weakness - it does at times, but not always - and its somewhat hypocritical of Yusaku to alledge; lack of self-confidence does not equate to lack of skill; not being super analytical in every day life should not be equated to Dueling skills on a presumption), even if Noaki isn't that good a Duelist, which we don't know.

Quote Originally Posted by yshipster View Post
    I really like that Yusaku acts a lot like the early Yusei in terms of maturity and dedication at reaching it's goal. I have actually no problem with him being the main focus of the show without many side characters, the way he is right now.
    For the first point, while he is certainly dedicated and driven, he is by no means actually mature. Dedication and drive does not equate maturity. He's also sullen-prone and aloof, but that doesn't really make him mature either.

In that regard, he isn't like Yusei, who was indeed actually mature. Yusaku comes off as a kid/teen's idea of maturity, which rather ironically makes him immature in that facet of things.

For your second point, though I'm sure a number would agree with that opinion, I'd kinda grow weary of Yusaku, especially if he doesn't affect a positive change as a person and actually matures when the time is adequate for him to be doing so. I'm not a fan of those types of characters long term without some positive development. Regardless of that, Yusaku without secondary characters, both in general and especially in cases of ones who aren't afraid to bat back Yusaku as opposed to enable him (like the hotdog guy) would make for too much of a one-note show in the grand scheme.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The mokey View Post
    You could see Dark Tuner nightmare in the Background in the first Episode of zexal, i wouldn´t Count on it
    That's not really enough to say there won't be. Not even close, now that I think about it.