User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 21 to 30 of 30

Thread: Vrains Episode 1

  1. #21
    Registered User Volteccer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    1,334
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by J. D. Guy View Post
    That's not really enough to say there won't be. Not even close, now that I think about it.
    While Nightmare hand you could chalk up to them just reusing a character model to fill out a scene, they had to make new models for Corebadge and Hammerkong, so I'm not giving up hope yet. Especially since it would be weird of them to give focus to all the methods in Arc-V, then follow that up and pretend none of them exist now. I would expect them all the be used sparingly form now on, though.
    Current decks: Salamangreats, Knightmare Cyberse, and Odd-Eyes Performapals
    Originator of the Tulpa Summon, and the homebrewed cards you use with it.

  2. #22
    Registered User yshipster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Xyz Jigen
    Posts
    696
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Volteccer View Post
    While Nightmare hand you could chalk up to them just reusing a character model to fill out a scene, they had to make new models for Corebadge and Hammerkong, so I'm not giving up hope yet. Especially since it would be weird of them to give focus to all the methods in Arc-V, then follow that up and pretend none of them exist now. I would expect them all the be used sparingly form now on, though.
    Making new models isn't really the point, since I'm pretty sure they weren't 3D models but drawings anyways. Besides, you can't even count the number of Xyz/Synchro monsters in Arc-V flashbacks that were never used again.
    However, and that is the most important point as well as the reason why I still think that there will be other summoning methods in VRAINS is that this shot of Hammerkong and Corebadge revealed us viewers that there are Xyz monsters actually being used in VRAINS, so there might be a reason why they showed us these 2 monsters instead of Gaia the Video Knight and Missus Radiant e.g.

    You'll never be "Kurosaki Shun riding a backflipping Revolution Falcon then jumping on a driving motorcycle"-cool.

  3. #23
    Registered User KingKaash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    595
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lots of action for a first episode that I was a bit shocked. Kind of felt like we were dropped into like episode 10 of the first season instead of episode 1. Lots of information was tossed around too but such is the way of the introductory episodes. My takeaways:

    1) Yusaku is awesome. I love his nonchalant demeanor after having Yuma and Yuya back to back. He seems like a guy who's all about business and I think that suggests he had to grow up quickly. I guess his growth as a character will be making more friends besides Kusanagi.

    2) Didn't really understand the Ignis part. When he absorbed that network thing, what did he really end up taking? Because the Link VRAINS still exists. I don't think I followed very well during that part. Also there seems to be more AIs.

    3) Aoi was already damelsized on the first episode. If she's such a great Charisma Duelist like the emcee said then why didn't she challenge the Knight of Hanoi to a duel instead of running off? I know the writers won't start the series off with Aoi getting the first duel but it just goes to show they already damelsized her.

    4) How creepy is it that someone is always watching Yusaku?

    5) It looks like this time there will be a role reversal between main character and side companion. So far, Atem, Yubel and Astral have all been the serious companion to the more lighthearted main character. This time Yusaku is the serious one while Ignis will be the more jovial one
    A Fallen Hero Is The Best Kind of Villain


  4. #24
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    42
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ignis seems to have cut Cyverse form the network instead of absorbing it. To me, it's like turning a YouTube video private so that only those with the link can find/watch it. Except that Ignis is the only one with the link.

  5. #25
    Registered User Dread Kaiser's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Terminia
    Posts
    3,614
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by yshipster View Post
    Making new models isn't really the point, since I'm pretty sure they weren't 3D models but drawings anyways. Besides, you can't even count the number of Xyz/Synchro monsters in Arc-V flashbacks that were never used again.
    However, and that is the most important point as well as the reason why I still think that there will be other summoning methods in VRAINS is that this shot of Hammerkong and Corebadge revealed us viewers that there are Xyz monsters actually being used in VRAINS, so there might be a reason why they showed us these 2 monsters instead of Gaia the Video Knight and Missus Radiant e.g.
    And Iron chain Dragon was in the preview of Zexal episode 1, we know how that turned out.

    since Link Monsters were completely unmentioned thus far, and the Knights (and even Revolver) used Cracking Dragon instead of a Link, I suspect there is another reason we weren't shown Gaiasaber or Radiant

    Ignis's little "you can't beat that dragon with your deck" line implies that this is going to be like Pendulums and Links will be out of no where.

    spoiler, Revolver tried to destroy Cyverse to stop VRAINS era from happening
    I don't have a Problem, I have a Hobby.

  6. #26
    Registered User Ex✭Blanc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    97
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They really trying hard to make Cracking Dragon look intimidating as HELL.

    -Crush and ate Ignis body.
    -Cracks the dimension to enter.
    -Get REKT City and your buildings.
    -Burns people alive (not real people but still)

    Im diggin this ace(?) Monster... Well atleast seems better than Doom King Armageddon.

    ["Tangerines kick ass"]___________________["White Dragon Rules"]

  7. #27
    Registered User Erickdsl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Somewhere over the rainbow
    Posts
    543
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dread Kaiser View Post
    spoiler, Revolver tried to destroy Cyverse to stop VRAINS era from happening
    Plot twist: Revolver was just salty cuz the link mechanic made his deck worse and he went back in time to prevent it from happening

  8. #28
    Registered User Erickdsl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Somewhere over the rainbow
    Posts
    543
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ex✭Blanc View Post
    They really trying hard to make Cracking Dragon look intimidating as HELL.

    -Crush and ate Ignis body.
    -Cracks the dimension to enter.
    -Get REKT City and your buildings.
    -Burns people alive (not real people but still)

    Im diggin this ace(?) Monster... Well atleast seems better than Doom King Armageddon.
    Cracking dragon is more ancient gear triple bite hound dog than doom king armaggedon, i.e. the goons' ace, since it was confirmed that Revolver's ace is topologic bomber dragon.

  9. #29
    Registered User MadRest's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    30
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KingKaash View Post
    2) Didn't really understand the Ignis part. When he absorbed that network thing, what did he really end up taking? Because the Link VRAINS still exists. I don't think I followed very well during that part. Also there seems to be more AIs.
    You can think of it as him being the only one who knows the URL for a certain site. Or he could've just stopped access to the Cyberse World. I doubt there is going to be a detailed explanation for any of the networking mumbo-jumbo that's going to happen from now on.

  10. #30
    Registered User KingKaash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    595
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MadRest View Post
    You can think of it as him being the only one who knows the URL for a certain site. Or he could've just stopped access to the Cyberse World. I doubt there is going to be a detailed explanation for any of the networking mumbo-jumbo that's going to happen from now on.
    Ahh I just read about the Cyverse World and it all makes sense now. I must've missed that part. Yea I'm going to have to keep up with the networking mumbo-jumbo. I wanted to mention that artwork for all the tech stuff was obviously pretty good for the first episode but gosh I can only imagine how bad all the tech stuff will look when the animation gets bad like in Arc-V
    A Fallen Hero Is The Best Kind of Villain


Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •