User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Vrains Episode 1

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Vrains Episode 1

Ep starts with a scene from 5 years ago, the Hanoi Knights are trying the destroy the Cyberse world and capture seemingly of the mysterious AIs except Ignis (I don't know why the promotional material hid his name if they were going to uncerimoniously reveal it before the intro). Ignis runs away and absorbs that world, but a Cracking Dragon gets him, destroying everything but his eye. The eyes escapes and 5 years later, we see a scene of Playmaker beating a Hanoi then watch the opening.

Next up, we see Yusaku waking up after sleeping in class. Everyone but Naoki already left. Naoki approaches him to show off his cool new Duel Disk with an AI and provide exposition about what the Link VRAINS is. Yusaku listens aloofly (and checks to confirmed to no photos of the Playmaker are circulating to the public). Naoki offers to teach Yusaku how to duel, but he refuses makes jerkish analysis showing three points that prove Naoki is a weak Duelist:
    1. He acts too arrogant.
    2. He admited he never went to the Link VRAINS due to lack of confidence in his skills.
    3. He didn't try to analise Yusaku at all.
    Of course, our protag is not a complete asshole, so his analysis also includes three points to prove Naoki is a good person:
    1. (Forgot this one and can't recheck the episode right now)
    2. He is dedicated enough to buy the newest Duel Disk as soon as it releases.
    3. He started conversation with someone he assumed to be lonely.

Later we see a scene of Akira and Specter reporting to their superiors, Bishop and Revolver, respectively. They both give the same order of finding Ignis.

Next we see Yusaku chilling at Kusanagi's hot stand, close to where Gou and Aoi are scheduled to duel. Kusanagi's asks if Yusaku ever heard of the Data Storm and the answer is no. He says the Data Storm was a wind that was super popular years ago because the Duelist would perform Speed Duels riding the wind, but then that suddenly stopped happening and people are now forgetting about. He comments to Yusaku "Maybe if played there, you could start to enjoy Dueling". Yusaku seems not care and replies that he doesn't really need to enjoy Dueling, he only need to use it to destroy the Hanoi Knights because "revenge against the ones who ruined me and your brother's past, Kusanagi-san". I no longer think Kusanagi is going to be a traitor btw.

Next up, Ignis is found by SOL Technologies (how did this dumbass manage to escape for 5 years like that?) and they starting leading a search. Our duo and the Hanoi Knights quickly notice it too. The Hanoi starting giving chase while Yusaku is one step ahead and prepares a trap. Bishop orders Akira to use all their resources to catch Ignis, but Akira says it's a bad idea because that means lowering the security and the Hanoi could notice and attack. Bishop doesn't care and reminds Akira of their priorities. Akira lowers the security and the Hanoi immediately notice and attack, just as he said they would.

A Hanoi Knight corners Ignis into Yusaku's trap. Now that he has his trump card against his enemies, he turns into the Playmaker and exposes his catch. He says he converted Ignis into a Duel Program, so they only way to take it from him is by beating him in a Duel. The Hanoi takes the challenge, much to Ignis' despair. Ignis tells Yusaku "Yo, his dragon is strong, I don't think you can win with this deck". Yusaku says he should be praying for his victory in that case. Ignis replies that would rather do the modifications necessary to ensure his win. He seemingly modifies Yusaku's Deck and starts a Data Storm, giving Yusaka a board to ride the wind with. The first episode without a Duel. This never happened before and this makes me assume VRAINS will be more plot-heavy than the other Yugiohs.
    IRL Decks: Pure Artifact, Lyrilusc (work in progress) and futurely Time Thief
    Online: Trap Monster, Trickstar, Eyes Restrict
    Pre-Link Format: DDD, Heraldic Beast, Chronomaly

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Haven't watched it yet, but found a sub.

https://ww1.gogoanime.io/yu-gi-oh-vrains-episode-1
    The dankest duelist you'll ever meet.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I really like that Yusaku acts a lot like the early Yusei in terms of maturity and dedication at reaching it's goal. I have actually no problem with him being the main focus of the show without many side characters, the way he is right now. Also Bishop is literally a Bishop in a giant game of Chess. I did not see that coming (obviously these are just holograms to hide their identity, but still). The episode itself started slowly, but I guess that's a good sign, since, as it already was said, that indicates a more plot-heavy series, which is really needed after the mess Arc-V became in the end. Also I wonder what Ignis did to Yusaku's deck. Did he give him Link monsters? But the Charisma duelists and the Knights of Hanoi should already have those... Did he give him Cyberse-Type monsters? But he already had Linx Slayer previously... I guess next episode gives the answer on that.

Anyways, VRAINS looks promising from what I saw today, so now we just have to hope that the duel scripting is good as well.

You'll never be "Kurosaki Shun riding a backflipping Revolution Falcon then jumping on a driving motorcycle"-cool.

Registered User False_Revelation's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    question
    what happens to his physical body when he goes to vrains?

im so glad fujiki is mature
    the voice is dope too
    All I want is to make me into myself.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vrains seems to have starting at incredble force

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by False_Revelation View Post
    question
    what happens to his physical body when he goes to vrains?

im so glad fujiki is mature
    the voice is dope too
    Maybe you become data or just enter in Stasis in the real world

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just watched the episode, here is what I found interesting

SPOILER ALERT

Other than Ignis, there are 5 other AIs, so I'm guessing all of the different colored birds in the opening represent all the different AIs. It seems that Revolver has the other AIs captured, and we know he is looking for Ignis.

The unnamed AIs are colored (in order of appearance) Yellow, Orange, Blue, Red, and Green. Blue seems to be the most important, as it was in the middle of a big glowing red circle, and the others were lining the ring of the circle, and it seems to be the only girl AI.

Ignis is hiding the "Cyberse" in his eye, which was the only thing left after a Cracking Dragon ate him

Revolver has one unknown monster, as seen in the part of the opening where it is fighting Decode Talker

When Akira reports to Bishop, he is shown as a chess piece, with all of the other pieces behind him, implying that there is a King, Queen, Knight, Rook, and a Pawn

Yusaku and Kusanagi hack from the Hot Dog cart

Revolver has bullets on his earrings

Yusaku capture Ignis's eye, which was all that was left of him, in his duel disk

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by yshipster View Post
    I really like that Yusaku acts a lot like the early Yusei in terms of maturity and dedication at reaching it's goal. I have actually no problem with him being the main focus of the show without many side characters, the way he is right now. Also Bishop is literally a Bishop in a giant game of Chess. I did not see that coming (obviously these are just holograms to hide their identity, but still). The episode itself started slowly, but I guess that's a good sign, since, as it already was said, that indicates a more plot-heavy series, which is really needed after the mess Arc-V became in the end. Also I wonder what Ignis did to Yusaku's deck. Did he give him Link monsters? But the Charisma duelists and the Knights of Hanoi should already have those... Did he give him Cyberse-Type monsters? But he already had Linx Slayer previously... I guess next episode gives the answer on that.

Anyways, VRAINS looks promising from what I saw today, so now we just have to hope that the duel scripting is good as well.
    Ignis brought back the Data Wind, which is the purple wind you ride on for speed duels.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You forgot about a duel that happened early in the episode.

Yusaku's Linxlayer destroy KOH's Hack Worm, and KOH lost.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I guess each character will befriend an AI

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    having finally get to download and watch it

I like the way this started, MC actively searching for the plot like 5D's instead of having it explode in the middle of a duel like Zexal or ARC V did.

feels like Yusei in a ARC Vvy atmosphere. Serious character, Normal city with Dark undetones

Now to see how the duel script of the first actual duel looks
    I don't have a Problem, I have a Hobby.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm hoping for the " "But you still Take Damage"