User Tag List

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Vrains Episode 2

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dread Kaiser View Post
    I'm fairly certain "Create a card out of thin air" was not in duel links, and the Knight apparently hacked his

hence "cheat skill"
    According to the sub, Ignis said that every duelist has a Skill, though the one the Knight of Hanoi used was most likely created by the Knights themselves, since Ignis didn't know it. Yusaku's Skill was to gather a card in that Storm btw, so he basically created a card out of thin air as well.

You'll never be "Kurosaki Shun riding a backflipping Revolution Falcon then jumping on a driving motorcycle"-cool.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm going to start homebrewing skill cards for casual games. The ones from Vrains might be more interesting, but I'll fill the list out with stuff from Duel Links.
    Current decks: Salamangreats, Knightmare Cyberse, and Odd-Eyes Performapals
    Originator of the Tulpa Summon, and the homebrewed cards you use with it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    To be fair, Pegasus do have a Skill called Creator that lets him get a card not present elsewhere like Breaker the Magical Warrior & Defender the Magical Knight.
    There is also a 7-Completed from wristband skill for Bandit Keith.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like how they put skills in the anime version. More better than lame action cards.

Quote Originally Posted by yshipster View Post
    According to the sub, Ignis said that every duelist has a Skill, though the one the Knight of Hanoi used was most likely created by the Knights themselves, since Ignis didn't know it. Yusaku's Skill was to gather a card in that Storm btw, so he basically created a card out of thin air as well.
    He didn't create decode talker. Ignis said the Data storm already had monsters living inside it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yuusaku caught that point break....

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I thought it was pretty intresting this mechanic of getting monsters via braving the storm

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by yshipster View Post
    The music ruined it for me, sadly... I felt like I was watching the dub with that 100% generic and anti-climatic soundtrack. If it wont get better VRAINS might be a bigger disappointment to me than ZeXal II.
    "Dub Hate." "100% generic..."

It seems I can't escape that, even here. Also, I it seems I'm the only one who enjoys the dub's soundtracks. And wish more than the original series' was released to the public.

Quote Originally Posted by Kishin View Post
    I like how they put skills in the anime version. More better than lame action cards.
    Other than having a personal beef with Action Cards in general, there's nothing inheritly "better" about Skills, other than them working in this show's environment like Action Cards worked in Arc-V's, which doesn't make one better over the other.
    Last edited by J. D. Guy; 19th May 2017 at 12:24 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by J. D. Guy View Post

Other than having a personal beef with Action Cards in general, there's nothing inheritly "better" about Skills, other than them working in this show's environment like Action Cards worked in Arc-V's, which doesn't make one better over the other.
    Unlike action cards their no limitation on how much cards you can get. That why they never gave people action card in real life duel. Because how serious broken it really is.

With duel Skills. It has a limit or a cost on how much a skill are use. Its more playable in real life as they play in game (Duel Links).

Which one has a better chance of making in a real life action play. Duel skills have a better chance.

In term how balance. Duel skills are more balance then action cards. Even through they are skill in anime are OP, but thats anime its always has OP cards. Buts surely Konami will balance duel skill as they did Duel Links. Making it more playable in real life. That why its much better than action cards.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kishin View Post
    Unlike action cards their no limitation on how much cards you can get. That why they never gave people action card in real life duel. Because how serious broken it really is.
    That, and sussing out the rules for them, when you're sitting at a table the whole time, would have basically been impossible. This is much easier.
    Current decks: Salamangreats, Knightmare Cyberse, and Odd-Eyes Performapals
    Originator of the Tulpa Summon, and the homebrewed cards you use with it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by J. D. Guy View Post
    I enjoyed this episode more than the first, thanks to the Duel helping it along. Next episode seems to be back to setup-ville, though, so I suspect that's going to be the norm, alas.
    Spoiler Alert!
    Actually, it seems we might get Yusaku vs Revolver: https://dueldeegao.wordpress.com/201...s-ep-3-w-jump/