Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Vrains Episode 2

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by J. D. Guy View Post
    "Dub Hate." "100% generic..."

It seems I can't escape that, even here. Also, I it seems I'm the only one who enjoys the dub's soundtracks. And wish more than the original series' was released to the public.

Other than having a personal beef with Action Cards in general, there's nothing inheritly "better" about Skills, other than them working in this show's environment like Action Cards worked in Arc-V's, which doesn't make one better over the other.
    Depends on the soundtrack
    DM's soundtrack was amazing (especially the God related themes)

5D's was good too

then we had........everything else actually
    I don't have a Problem, I have a Hobby.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Other than having a personal beef with Action Cards in general, there's nothing inheritly "better" about Skills, other than them working in this show's environment like Action Cards worked in Arc-V's, which doesn't make one better over the other.
    Actually Skills have limited uses, so they at least have a balancing factor unlike anime!Action Cards (and this says it someone who plays Duel Links).

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kishin View Post
    Unlike action cards their no limitation on how much cards you can get. That why they never gave people action card in real life duel. Because how serious broken it really is.

With duel Skills. It has a limit or a cost on how much a skill are use. Its more playable in real life as they play in game (Duel Links).

Which one has a better chance of making in a real life action play. Duel skills have a better chance.

In term how balance. Duel skills are more balance then action cards. Even through they are skill in anime are OP, but thats anime its always has OP cards. Buts surely Konami will balance duel skill as they did Duel Links. Making it more playable in real life. That why its much better than action cards.
    we have no chance whatsoever for IRL Skills
    that's speed duel only rule, which only exists in Duel Links, not in any official capacity

and Action cards would actually be simple to implement, make a deck of them, have a player draw and activate whatevers on top in response to another Attack or effect.

It would also be stupid to implement, their real purpose was so they wouldn't need to use the characters actual cards to save their asses, so they can focus on making bigger, impressive plays. compared to GX where everyone had pot of greed or DM when Yugi used Card of Sanctity to convienently replenish their hands when they were running on empty. It's so the characters have the cards to keep going without having to Draw and pass turn.

Biggest reason of all?
    Konami can't make Skills secret rare. can't make money off it
    I don't have a Problem, I have a Hobby.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LolsterXD97 View Post
    Spoiler Alert!
    Actually, it seems we might get Yusaku vs Revolver: https://dueldeegao.wordpress.com/201...s-ep-3-w-jump/
    Woah!

I... Woah!
    Spoiler Alert!
    I did not see that coming. That's hasn't been hinted at all up to this point.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dread Kaiser View Post
    Depends on the soundtrack
    DM's soundtrack was amazing (especially the God related themes)

5D's was good too

then we had........everything else actually
    I love me some GX music, so very much. There are choice pieces from Zexal and Arc-V I enjoy as well, but GX is my favorite, not factoring the original.

Quote Originally Posted by LolsterXD97 View Post
    Actually Skills have limited uses, so they at least have a balancing factor unlike anime!Action Cards (and this says it someone who plays Duel Links).
    That still woudn't inherently make one better than other, just different. Different rules for different Anime mechanics.
    Last edited by J. D. Guy; 19th May 2017 at 07:10 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kishin View Post
    I like how they put skills in the anime version. More better than lame action cards.

He didn't create decode talker. Ignis said the Data storm already had monsters living inside it.
    And the Knight of Hanoi just drew 2 cards instead of 1. So im my opinion he didn't cheat at all. (@DreadKaiser btw)

You'll never be "Kurosaki Shun riding a backflipping Revolution Falcon then jumping on a driving motorcycle"-cool.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice simple duel explaining how duels work in VRAINS. I liked it. Animation was good.

How about Aoi getting in there and helping out Yusaku. She ain't a complete bystander just yet folks. And Go getting jealous of the spotlight go Playmaker's way is certainly interesting. I wonder if we'll ever see Cracking Dragon used again now that Link Monsters have shown how obsolete it is on-screen to everyone.

As for Speed Duels I never knew what they were because I'm not up to date on the whole Duel Links game. So this was a surprise. I kinda don't get the point of it unless it was to add the Duel Skill to it. Why not just leave it regular and add the Duel Skill like they did with Action Cards in Arc-V? What's the issue with having 2 more Monster Zones and S/T Zones and 1 more card in your hand? Weird.

As for the Duel Skill ability, I'm fine with that. It's way better than Action Cards because at least it has a limit.
    A Fallen Hero Is The Best Kind of Villain

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BlazeWu View Post
    To be fair, Pegasus do have a Skill called Creator that lets him get a card not present elsewhere like Breaker the Magical Warrior & Defender the Magical Knight.
    There is also a 7-Completed from wristband skill for Bandit Keith.
    That's awesome.
    Sanokal

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    "Dub Hate." "100% generic..."

It seems I can't escape that, even here. Also, I it seems I'm the only one who enjoys the dub's soundtracks. And wish more than the original series' was released to the public.

Nah, not just you mate. Honestly, ARC-V's dub soundtrack was of lesser quality, but the real problem was that the Japanese soundtrack was just so damn good.

Action Cards were fine, just ultimately mishandled. Skills at the very least will be established, and there wasn't exactly too much of a problem with this one; less than 1000 LP, all Yusaku really needed was a Link Monster strong enough to win the duel; the fact that it was a Link was his main advantage.

- - - Updated - - -

GX didn't really suit the series in terms of soundtrack either way, except for the dub on some occasions. It was odd.

ZEXAL was okay, ARC-V was a little worse, but the Japanese soundtrack was just too amazing to beat.
    Sanokal

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanokal View Post
    Nah, not just you mate. Honestly, ARC-V's dub soundtrack was of lesser quality, but the real problem was that the Japanese soundtrack was just so damn good.

Action Cards were fine, just ultimately mishandled. Skills at the very least will be established, and there wasn't exactly too much of a problem with this one; less than 1000 LP, all Yusaku really needed was a Link Monster strong enough to win the duel; the fact that it was a Link was his main advantage.

- - - Updated - - -

GX didn't really suit the series in terms of soundtrack either way, except for the dub on some occasions. It was odd.

ZEXAL was okay, ARC-V was a little worse, but the Japanese soundtrack was just too amazing to beat.
    How could the Action cards have been better handled?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    More variation in effects, not just sticking to miracle, evasion and acceleration.