User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 37

Thread: Vrains Episode 2

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Registered User Dread Kaiser's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Terminia
    Posts
    3,614
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Vrains Episode 2

    Not going to give a full synopsis

    so in addition to the speed duel format, EVERYONE has a cheat skill

    naturally the protags is "Pull card out of ass"
    so I was half right in expecting Ignis to be the source of an asspull, just not making the Link and/or Cyverse cards entirely

    love the fine detail exploitation on Cracking dragon too

    and we already got a "But you still take the damage" line.....oddly enough not at the end when it was also applicable
    I don't have a Problem, I have a Hobby.

  2. #2
    Registered User Volteccer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    1,334
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dread Kaiser View Post

    and we already got a "But you still take the damage" line.....oddly enough not at the end when it was also applicable
    Effects that prevent destruction by battle, while no actually stopping the attack, are common in the anime because the writers like people to keep their bosses out most of the game, but also need for things to feel like they progress. Ergo, the boss stays, and LP goes down. I just wish they didn't phrase it the same way every time.
    Current decks: Salamangreats, Knightmare Cyberse, and Odd-Eyes Performapals
    Originator of the Tulpa Summon, and the homebrewed cards you use with it.

  3. #3
    Registered User Dread Kaiser's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Terminia
    Posts
    3,614
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Volteccer View Post
    Effects that prevent destruction by battle, while no actually stopping the attack, are common in the anime because the writers like people to keep their bosses out most of the game, but also need for things to feel like they progress. Ergo, the boss stays, and LP goes down. I just wish they didn't phrase it the same way every time.
    I'm aware of anime card game law

    just point it out as ARC V indulged in it quite a bit
    I don't have a Problem, I have a Hobby.

  4. #4
    Registered User Erickdsl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Somewhere over the rainbow
    Posts
    543
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So, this skill thing is going to be vrains' action cards/shining draws...

    Well, at least they gave an explanation for Yusaku's bullshit main character powers.

  5. #5
    Registered User Dread Kaiser's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Terminia
    Posts
    3,614
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Erickdsl View Post
    So, this skill thing is going to be vrains' action cards/shining draws...

    Well, at least they gave an explanation for Yusaku's bullshit main character powers.
    and the opponent gets to cheat too, seems like the knight hacked a pot of greed for his Skill
    I don't have a Problem, I have a Hobby.

  6. #6
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    1,107
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I enjoyed this episode more than the first, thanks to the Duel helping it along. Next episode seems to be back to setup-ville, though, so I suspect that's going to be the norm, alas.

    The Duel itself was basic, which makes sense, as it was still the first Duel of the series, so it shoudn't be convoluted. That said, it managed to entertain nonetheless, since it felt as if more happened while it was being watched than actually did when you think back on it.

    Lastly, I appreciate that the writers had Blue Angel return the save she got from Yusaku last episode during this one. That was cool, and I actually suspected that might happen last week. I'm glad it played out that way. An aside, but I'm also a bit pleased that Yusaku wasn't an 100% expert on his Duel Board, even if he was still pretty good for someone who never rode one of those things before.
    Last edited by J. D. Guy; 19th May 2017 at 12:16 AM.

  7. #7
    Registered User LolsterXD97's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    1,797
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by J. D. Guy View Post
    I enjoyed this episode more than the first, thanks to the Duel helping it along. Next episode seems to be back to setup-ville, though, so I suspect that's going to be the norm, alas.
    Spoiler Alert!
    Actually, it seems we might get Yusaku vs Revolver: https://dueldeegao.wordpress.com/201...s-ep-3-w-jump/

  8. #8
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    1,107
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LolsterXD97 View Post
    Spoiler Alert!
    Actually, it seems we might get Yusaku vs Revolver: https://dueldeegao.wordpress.com/201...s-ep-3-w-jump/
    Woah!

    I... Woah!
    Spoiler Alert!
    I did not see that coming. That's hasn't been hinted at all up to this point.


    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Dread Kaiser View Post
    Depends on the soundtrack
    DM's soundtrack was amazing (especially the God related themes)

    5D's was good too

    then we had........everything else actually
    I love me some GX music, so very much. There are choice pieces from Zexal and Arc-V I enjoy as well, but GX is my favorite, not factoring the original.

    Quote Originally Posted by LolsterXD97 View Post
    Actually Skills have limited uses, so they at least have a balancing factor unlike anime!Action Cards (and this says it someone who plays Duel Links).
    That still woudn't inherently make one better than other, just different. Different rules for different Anime mechanics.
    Last edited by J. D. Guy; 19th May 2017 at 07:10 AM.

  9. #9
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    27
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Skills existed in Duel Links and since this is essentially an Anime Version of it...

  10. #10
    Registered User Dread Kaiser's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Terminia
    Posts
    3,614
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The mokey View Post
    Skills existed in Duel Links and since this is essentially an Anime Version of it...
    I'm fairly certain "Create a card out of thin air" was not in duel links, and the Knight apparently hacked his

    hence "cheat skill"
    I don't have a Problem, I have a Hobby.

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •