User Tag List

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Vrains Episode 2

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The mokey View Post
    How could the Action cards have been better handled?
    Well for starters, while there is an excuse in situations like Turbo Duels and spaces like Chain Deathmatch; Yuya completely abandoned his strategy of consistently running around looking for the darn things after the first season (and for that matter, didn't use his monsters as effectively too). Then their use as cost payment was severely downplayed. Situations like when Yuya used Miracle and Gong used Oversword in manners different to their intended use were lacking. Action Traps vanished; though admittedly, one would see this as Declan not wanting to take the risk of screwing the Lancers over.

And as Wu said, more variation in effects, and linking to above, more clever use of the cards, especially given the get-out-of-jail-free Pendulum Monster side effect (aka, Pendulums will easily come back; just boost ATK to reduce damage. Wonder Chance in the final episode was an excellent example.
    Sanokal

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    there was a self damaging spell we saw during the captain solo filler

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The mokey View Post
    there was a self damaging spell we saw during the captain solo filler
    One time in the worst episode in the series.
    Sanokal

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanokal View Post
    One time in the worst episode in the series.
    Really? I enjoyed that episode. Solo played his part well, and I really need Captain Lock in my life, seriously.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by J. D. Guy View Post
    Really? I enjoyed that episode. Solo played his part well, and I really need Captain Lock in my life, seriously.
    He did, and I adored the ending, but Yuya's struggle against him and Zuzu, Gong and Sylvio getting taken without a fight were just appalling.
    Sanokal

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanokal View Post
    He did, and I adored the ending, but Yuya's struggle against him and Zuzu, Gong and Sylvio getting taken without a fight were just appalling.
    Admittedly, I didn't care for Zuzu's handling at that point, though I was rather less bothered by Gong and Sylvio being held back, as that did lead to a bit of a cool little rescue moment. Yuya, for his part, I was okay with. This would make the last time he ever bricked, and the first time in a good while, really, and Solo being proactive in Action Card usage was cool (and something some would have preferred more of by the opposition in general). With that said, that all tallies up to me being fine with Yuya in that game.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by J. D. Guy View Post
    Admittedly, I didn't care for Zuzu's handling at that point, though I was rather less bothered by Gong and Sylvio being held back, as that did lead to a bit of a cool little rescue moment. Yuya, for his part, I was okay with. This would make the last time he ever bricked, and the first time in a good while, really, and Solo being proactive in Action Card usage was cool (and something some would have preferred more of by the opposition in general). With that said, that all tallies up to me being fine with Yuya in that game.
    Not so; he had a crap hand for the BB duel as well.
    Argh! Why am I finding holes to pick in the series?
    Actually, yes, that was a plus for Solo.
    Sanokal