User Tag List

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Results 31 to 37 of 37

Thread: Vrains Episode 2

  1. #31
    Registered User Sanokal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    New Zealand.
    Posts
    2,480
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The mokey View Post
    How could the Action cards have been better handled?
    Well for starters, while there is an excuse in situations like Turbo Duels and spaces like Chain Deathmatch; Yuya completely abandoned his strategy of consistently running around looking for the darn things after the first season (and for that matter, didn't use his monsters as effectively too). Then their use as cost payment was severely downplayed. Situations like when Yuya used Miracle and Gong used Oversword in manners different to their intended use were lacking. Action Traps vanished; though admittedly, one would see this as Declan not wanting to take the risk of screwing the Lancers over.

    And as Wu said, more variation in effects, and linking to above, more clever use of the cards, especially given the get-out-of-jail-free Pendulum Monster side effect (aka, Pendulums will easily come back; just boost ATK to reduce damage. Wonder Chance in the final episode was an excellent example.
    Sanokal

  2. #32
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    27
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    there was a self damaging spell we saw during the captain solo filler

  3. #33
    Registered User Sanokal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    New Zealand.
    Posts
    2,480
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The mokey View Post
    there was a self damaging spell we saw during the captain solo filler
    One time in the worst episode in the series.
    Sanokal

  4. #34
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    1,107
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanokal View Post
    One time in the worst episode in the series.
    Really? I enjoyed that episode. Solo played his part well, and I really need Captain Lock in my life, seriously.

  5. #35
    Registered User Sanokal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    New Zealand.
    Posts
    2,480
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by J. D. Guy View Post
    Really? I enjoyed that episode. Solo played his part well, and I really need Captain Lock in my life, seriously.
    He did, and I adored the ending, but Yuya's struggle against him and Zuzu, Gong and Sylvio getting taken without a fight were just appalling.
    Sanokal

  6. #36
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    1,107
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanokal View Post
    He did, and I adored the ending, but Yuya's struggle against him and Zuzu, Gong and Sylvio getting taken without a fight were just appalling.
    Admittedly, I didn't care for Zuzu's handling at that point, though I was rather less bothered by Gong and Sylvio being held back, as that did lead to a bit of a cool little rescue moment. Yuya, for his part, I was okay with. This would make the last time he ever bricked, and the first time in a good while, really, and Solo being proactive in Action Card usage was cool (and something some would have preferred more of by the opposition in general). With that said, that all tallies up to me being fine with Yuya in that game.

  7. #37
    Registered User Sanokal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    New Zealand.
    Posts
    2,480
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by J. D. Guy View Post
    Admittedly, I didn't care for Zuzu's handling at that point, though I was rather less bothered by Gong and Sylvio being held back, as that did lead to a bit of a cool little rescue moment. Yuya, for his part, I was okay with. This would make the last time he ever bricked, and the first time in a good while, really, and Solo being proactive in Action Card usage was cool (and something some would have preferred more of by the opposition in general). With that said, that all tallies up to me being fine with Yuya in that game.
    Not so; he had a crap hand for the BB duel as well.
    Argh! Why am I finding holes to pick in the series?
    Actually, yes, that was a plus for Solo.
    Sanokal

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •