User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: [CIBR] Gouki Thunder Ogre

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by J. D. Guy View Post
    Oh my goodness, yes! (And I love that season, too!)

Hmm, is it because of the virtual world aspect? If there's a period of time where the main cast is "stuck in the Digi World" for an extended period of time, than I could see then.
    I was a kid when I watched Digimon so I don't remember much but I do remember this being a really good season too.
    A Fallen Hero Is The Best Kind of Villain

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KingKaash View Post
    I was a kid when I watched Digimon so I don't remember much but I do remember this being a really good season too.
    It became my favorite of the Seasons as I was watching it and I remember doing so when it aired on UPN early Sunday mornings. There were some episodes I missed back then, but even then, all in all, I loved it! And still do.

Alas, it was kind of treated as the "red-headed stepchild" of the Digimon seasons because it didn't follow the structure of the previous shows, or rather it did but in its on way, though I think it fairs better in folks minds nowadays then it did right after it aired.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by J. D. Guy View Post
    It became my favorite of the Seasons as I was watching it and I remember doing so when it aired on UPN early Sunday mornings. There were some episodes I missed back then, but even then, all in all, I loved it! And still do.

Alas, it was kind of treated as the "red-headed stepchild" of the Digimon seasons because it didn't follow the structure of the previous shows, or rather it did but in its on way, though I think it fairs better in folks minds nowadays then it did right after it aired.
    It is also one of my favourite seasons. However, it is rumored that this was the season that caused the producer company to stop making Digimon seasons for years, not because it was a failure, but because it seems that this season gave them less profits in Japan than the former ones, in terms of merchandise mainly, and thus they considered it to be much less successful than the previous ones, and they thought that the time of Digimon fame had just passed. But as opposed to Japan, it was a great success in China and in South Korea, and the toy digivices of this season sold well in western territories. Sadly, they only took the Japanese reference and so they stopped making a Digimon season each year like they did with the first seasons, and the Digimon franchise entered a bump for almost 10 years.
    Last edited by Yugi.feder03; 28th May 2017 at 09:38 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Yugi.feder03 View Post
    It is also one of my favourite seasons. However, it is rumored that this was the season that caused the producer company to stop making Digimon seasons for years, not because it was a failure, but because it seems that this season gave them less profits in Japan than the former ones, in terms of merchandise mainly, and thus they considered it to be much less successful than the previous ones, and they thought that the time of Digimon fame had just passed. But as opposed to Japan, it was a great success in China and in South Korea, and the toy digivices of this season sold well in western territories. Sadly, they only took the Japanese reference and so they stopped making a Digimon season each year like they did with the first seasons, and the Digimon franchise entered a bump for almost 10 years.
    Wow! Other than the fact that Data Squad wasn't made for a few years after Season 4, I wasn't aware of most of this here.

It's rather unfortunate that the fourth Season didn't so well merchandise-wise in Japan, and that Japan only took that into reference. I wish now that Digimon's western popularity was enough for them to have produced shows, etc., commissioned from western standpoint. Similar to how the relative popularity of the Bakugan and Beyblade Franchises got those two additional shows, in spite of the lack of or fluctuating popularity in Japan (last I heard, there's even a Bakugan revival in the works for goodness' sake!). That way, Digimon wouldn't have had the chance to slip away from the position of where they were back then. Similarly, maybe we wouldn't have to worry about if and when the shows get Dubbed and when or where they'll air if/when they do, like we have to now. (I'm the only one, but I'm still waitin' on that Young Hunters Dub...)

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Season 4 is the one with all the western religion stuff, right? seraphimon, Ophanimon, Cherubimon, the rose morningstar Lucemon being the ultimate villain.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ScionStorm View Post
    Season 4 is the one with all the western religion stuff, right? seraphimon, Ophanimon, Cherubimon, the rose morningstar Lucemon being the ultimate villain.
    Yeah and its the season that really help establish the Royal Knights meaning for why they serve Yggdrasill (portrayed as Digital World's highest entity). Which now I find funny since its another comparable element beginning to unfold in VRAINs. They have the Knights of Hanoi, I speculate who they serve.
    Last edited by R3QU13M; 29th May 2017 at 05:34 AM.