User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 16

Thread: [CIBR] Gouki Thunder Ogre

  1. #1
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    1,107
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    [CIBR] Gouki Thunder Ogre

    https://ygorganization.com/thatsmisterogretoyou/

    Quote Originally Posted by New Gouki Link Monster
    Today, we’re introduced to a new boss monster for Gouki Decks! Just in time for Go’s first big bout!



    CIBR-JP045 剛鬼サンダー・オーガ Gouki Thunder Ogre
    LINK-3 EARTH Warrior-Type Link Effect Monster
    ATK 2200
    LINK: 3
    Link Arrows: Top, Bottom Left, Bottom Right
    Link Materials: 2+ “Gouki” monsters
    (1) Apply the following effect to the turn player.
    • During your Main Phase, you can Normal Summon 1 monster at this card’s Link Point, in addition to your Normal Summon/Set. (You can only gain this effect once per turn.)
    (2) If a monster at this card’s Link Point is destroyed by battle or card effect: You can have this card gain 400 ATK.

    Source

  2. #2
    Registered User XBrain130's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    Italy
    Posts
    180
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by J. D. Guy View Post
    (1) Apply the following effect to the turn player.
    • During your Main Phase, you can Normal Summon 1 monster at this card’s Link Point, in addition to your Normal Summon/Set. (You can only gain this effect once per turn.)
    (2) If a monster at this card’s Link Point is destroyed by battle or card effect: You can have this card gain 400 ATK.
    Why you Org guys are still using your own terminology when the official one was revealed?
    Cubic, Cyber Angel, Gimmick Puppet, Lunalight, Lyrilusc, Melodious, Performapal Odd-Eyes Magician, Phantom Knights, Predaplant, Qli, Raidraptor, Speedroid, Supreme King Magician, Windwitch

  3. #3
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    1,107
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For my comment, I'll start by saying I love the art! It's awesomely cool, just like the other Monsters, and I think I like this artwork better than The Great Ogre's.

    For its effect, it's an intriguing one. I admit that I'm a bit confused as to its intended use, however, because both it and The Great Ogre want to be in the EMZ for best usage, and while this constantly gets stronger based on how many Monsters you lose from its Link Points, Great Ogre has more staying power. I imagine there's an intended reason for giving it an up-Arrow and allow the effect to apply to the opponent, rather aesthetic and/or otherwise, but maybe it lies in other potential support for them here.

    Spoiler Alert!
    We do know from next episode's preview video that the Deck is getting a new Level 2 Gouki Main Deck Monster, which is cool.


    Admittedly, not the Link-2 I was hoping for, but that's fine. We're still more than primed to get one sooner than later, and probably a Link-4, too, at some point.

  4. #4
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    1,107
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by XBrain130 View Post
    Why you Org guys are still using your own terminology when the official one was revealed?
    Dunno. That's a good question.

    Spoiler Alert!
    I hope the new Gouki from the preview is clear enough so you can translate it.

    I'm figuring it'll be an accurate effect to the real life version, depending on if the other 4 Gouki cards we saw translate to their real life versions to. So far, nothing indicates that it won't, based off episode 2's cards.


    EDIT:

    Oh, and there it is.

    Spoiler Alert!
    http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Gouki_Headbutt

    Expect this to be revealed sometime in the near future, with word-for-word transcription of its effects.
    Last edited by J. D. Guy; 24th May 2017 at 11:45 AM.

  5. #5
    Registered User KingKaash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    595
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by J. D. Guy View Post
    For my comment, I'll start by saying I love the art! It's awesomely cool, just like the other Monsters, and I think I like this artwork better than The Great Ogre's.
    The artwork looks very similar to Agunimon from Digimon

    A Fallen Hero Is The Best Kind of Villain


  6. #6
    Registered User R3QU13M's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    THE D4RK D00R
    Posts
    640
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KingKaash View Post
    The artwork looks very similar to Agunimon from Digimon

    Most definitely. Even the VRAINS anime share similarities with them.

  7. #7
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    1,107
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KingKaash View Post
    The artwork looks very similar to Agunimon from Digimon
    Oh my goodness, yes! (And I love that season, too!)

    Quote Originally Posted by R3QU13M View Post
    Most definitely. Even the VRAINS anime share similarities with them.
    Hmm, is it because of the virtual world aspect? If there's a period of time where the main cast is "stuck in the Digi World" for an extended period of time, than I could see then.

  8. #8
    Registered User R3QU13M's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    THE D4RK D00R
    Posts
    640
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by J. D. Guy View Post
    Oh my goodness, yes! (And I love that season, too!)



    Hmm, is it because of the virtual world aspect? If there's a period of time where the main cast is "stuck in the Digi World" for an extended period of time, than I could see then.

    Yes it's by the virtual world aspect and some elements shared seen so far in VRAINS. In Digimon Adventure 02 their appearance/identity can be changed upon entering the Digital World. Also while in season 2 they was moving freely between both worlds.

    Then the first episode of VRAINS gave me the Digimon Adventure 01 vibe, when the Digimon first broke into the Real World. Similar to how Cracking Dragon appeared. Its just the matter of the appeal tho.

    Another standout is that we have intelligence in devices. Ex. Ignis/Eye is in Yuusaku's duel disk and Digivices.

    Even in the Digimon World 3 video game you can log in and play a card game too.
    Last edited by R3QU13M; 25th May 2017 at 06:33 PM.

  9. #9
    Registered User Baroque's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    766
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Y'know, now that I think about it, this deck could probably get obscenely good use out of Kaiju now; SS Gameciel, put him in the zone Thunder Ogre points at, badabing badaboom and he just keeps getting more and more ATK.

    Also kinda curious if other cards that summon to the opponent's field will gain traction in this deck due to Thunder Ogre.
    #222937 for invisitext in the Org's dark. Try it out!

  10. #10
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    1,107
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Baroque View Post
    Y'know, now that I think about it, this deck could probably get obscenely good use out of Kaiju now; SS Gameciel, put him in the zone Thunder Ogre points at, badabing badaboom and he just keeps getting more and more ATK.

    Also kinda curious if other cards that summon to the opponent's field will gain traction in this deck due to Thunder Ogre.
    Good eye!

    We'll need to see, as most cards that Summon to the opposing field tend to come with more boon then simply getting rid of an opponent's Monster.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by R3QU13M View Post
    Yes it's by the virtual world aspect and some elements shared seen so far in VRAINS. In Digimon Adventure 02 their appearance/identity can be changed upon entering the Digital World. Also while in season 2 they was moving freely between both worlds.

    Then the first episode of VRAINS gave me the Digimon Adventure 01 vibe, when the Digimon first broke into the Real World. Similar to how Cracking Dragon appeared. Its just the matter of the appeal tho.

    Another standout is that we have intelligence in devices. Ex. Ignis/Eye is in Yuusaku's duel disk and Digivices.

    Even in the Digimon World 3 video game you can log in and play a card game too.
    In that case, I can definitely see the likenesses.

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •