Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Yu-Gi-Oh! VRAINS Episode 4

Registered User Voltanis The Adjudicator's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ScionStorm View Post
    Just curious what you guys think. Do you think VRAINS will acknowledge Pendulums or do you think they'll drop them the way Zexal pretended Synchros didn't exist?
    I think there's going to be, like, 4 people max who run a combination of Links and one of the other extra deck summoning mechanics, maybe at most just one of the others, like how Jack and Yusei had that one fusion or Kito had that one Ritual. BUT I don't think we'll see any Pendulum monsters in this series. First because making new ones is pointless when they've been nerfed out of existence and secondly and mainly because acknowledging them would just be an acknowledgement of how badly Konami had to restructure the whole game to force Links into the spotlight. Combined with the utter failure of Arc-V's ending and they're probably going to pretend Arc-V didn't exist for as long as possible, except when insulting it as I believe they did in this episode when our new protagonist basically told our previous protagonist vis-a-vis Charisma Duelist GO to go fuck off.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Voltanis The Adjudicator View Post
    I think there's going to be, like, 4 people max who run a combination of Links and one of the other extra deck summoning mechanics, maybe at most just one of the others, like how Jack and Yusei had that one fusion or Kito had that one Ritual. BUT I don't think we'll see any Pendulum monsters in this series. First because making new ones is pointless when they've been nerfed out of existence and secondly and mainly because acknowledging them would just be an acknowledgement of how badly Konami had to restructure the whole game to force Links into the spotlight. Combined with the utter failure of Arc-V's ending and they're probably going to pretend Arc-V didn't exist for as long as possible, except when insulting it as I believe they did in this episode when our new protagonist basically told our previous protagonist vis-a-vis Charisma Duelist GO to go fuck off.
    Our new protagonist also happens to be kind of a dick though, and likely going to get a boot up his ass.
    Sanokal

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Combined with the utter failure of Arc-V's ending and they're probably going to pretend Arc-V didn't exist for as long as possible, except when insulting it as I believe they did in this episode when our new protagonist basically told our previous protagonist vis-a-vis Charisma Duelist GO to go fuck off.
    I'm really not trying to start back up the Arc-V complain train but what part of the ending of Arc-V did you think was a failure? The Z-Arc part or the stuff after that?

Quote Originally Posted by Sanokal View Post
    Our new protagonist also happens to be kind of a dick though, and likely going to get a boot up his ass.
    It seems like some really don't like Yusaku's personality thus far but I'm actually enjoying it. He's laser focused on taking down the Knights of Hanoi and doesn't want to waste time with others. I could characterize that as boring but I don't see it as him being a dick when he honestly doesn't care about dueling GO or Aoi. He's just on a mission. If I wanted to take down a hacking group, I'd hire a person like Yusaku who is focused on his job.
    A Fallen Hero Is The Best Kind of Villain

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KingKaash View Post
    I'm really not trying to start back up the Arc-V complain train but what part of the ending of Arc-V did you think was a failure? The Z-Arc part or the stuff after that?
    Luckily I am a sad and bitter person not above flame wars, so all aboard the complain train, choo choo. The Z-Arc arc, the stuff after that and almost everything before it after a couple episodes in the Synchro Dimension were complete and abject failures. Instead of fleshing out all the cool characters they had, including parallel universe versions of old characters, they just kept adding pointless shit that I didn't care about and didn't contribute to the plot. Roger's entire arc ended up being meaningless and stupid, The Doktor was creepy, the Battle Beast was completely random and meaningless, there was that angsty ronin dude who reappeared to get revenge which was ridiculous, etc. The Tyler sisters were at least fun, but they were also meaningless in the end. Yuya kept learning and unlearning the same stupid moral, one that is in reality so god-damn fucking stupid it hurt the first time and became more painful with every reapplication. Rushed endings suck and are all too common these days, but they didn't do themselves any favors with so much filler. And then The Professor ended up being dumb as shit since he could have just killed Yuri or any of the Yu's at any time to ensure Zarc would never return, but nah let's have 1/4th of your greatest enemy do your dirty work since that can't backfire in any way. Also his cards were lame. Also the fact that science explains everything in Arc-V is dumb. Also the last couple of duels were dumb since they either had the wrong people dueling based on what would be emotional or they had the wrong person winning again based on what would actually be emotional. And of course semi-killing off the parallel universes was as stupid as Samurai Jack making everything in the future not real. Also the last few OPs and EDs were terrible, unlike the first few. So yeah, basically everything until, say, Sergey crushing Yuzu (in her last ever duel in the damn show!) was fine, then it all went really downhill.
    Also super small nitpick but what the fuck is Odd-Eyes Raging Dragon? It's not a combination of Odd-Eyes and one of the other Dragons, it's just... there, for no real reason except to be a better Odd-Eyes Rebellion Dragon like that was necessary. It's shown in an OP like it matters but it got used... once, twice, maybe? And had no connection to the plot, like everything in Arc-V. Heck, how can they even upgrade their dragons? Yugo has Crystal Wing, Yuto had Requiem, Yuri had something I forget, but when each dragon is supposed to be a plot-relevant item instead of just another card, suddenly having evolutions for it already prepared makes no damn sense. It's like a sticky note attached to ancient hieroglyphs explaining how the Winged Dragon of Ra can be digivolved into Mecha-Ra. You can't just make new forms for cards with mystical backgrounds without explaining how those new cards formed. 5Ds and ZeXal understood that very well.
    Last edited by Voltanis The Adjudicator; 6th June 2017 at 05:44 AM.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Luckily I am a sad and bitter person not above flame wars, so all aboard the complain train, choo choo. The Z-Arc arc, the stuff after that and almost everything before it after a couple episodes in the Synchro Dimension were complete and abject failures. Instead of fleshing out all the cool characters they had, including parallel universe versions of old characters, they just kept adding pointless shit that I didn't care about and didn't contribute to the plot. Roger's entire arc ended up being meaningless and stupid, The Doktor was creepy, the Battle Beast was completely random and meaningless, there was that angsty ronin dude who reappeared to get revenge which was ridiculous, etc. The Tyler sisters were at least fun, but they were also meaningless in the end. Yuya kept learning and unlearning the same stupid moral, one that is in reality so god-damn fucking stupid it hurt the first time and became more painful with every reapplication. Rushed endings suck and are all too common these days, but they didn't do themselves any favors with so much filler. And then The Professor ended up being dumb as shit since he could have just killed Yuri or any of the Yu's at any time to ensure Zarc would never return, but nah let's have 1/4th of your greatest enemy do your dirty work since that can't backfire in any way. Also his cards were lame. Also the fact that science explains everything in Arc-V is dumb. Also the last couple of duels were dumb since they either had the wrong people dueling based on what would be emotional or they had the wrong person winning again based on what would actually be emotional. And of course semi-killing off the parallel universes was as stupid as Samurai Jack making everything in the future not real. Also the last few OPs and EDs were terrible, unlike the first few. So yeah, basically everything until, say, Sergey crushing Yuzu (in her last ever duel in the damn show!) was fine, then it all went really downhill.
    Also super small nitpick but what the fuck is Odd-Eyes Raging Dragon? It's not a combination of Odd-Eyes and one of the other Dragons, it's just... there, for no real reason except to be a better Odd-Eyes Rebellion Dragon like that was necessary. It's shown in an OP like it matters but it got used... once, twice, maybe? And had no connection to the plot, like everything in Arc-V. Heck, how can they even upgrade their dragons? Yugo has Crystal Wing, Yuto had Requiem, Yuri had something I forget, but when each dragon is supposed to be a plot-relevant item instead of just another card, suddenly having evolutions for it already prepared makes no damn sense. It's like a sticky note attached to ancient hieroglyphs explaining how the Winged Dragon of Ra can be digivolved into Mecha-Ra. You can't just make new forms for cards with mystical backgrounds without explaining how those new cards formed. 5Ds and ZeXal understood that very well.
    1, dude, Line Break.
    2, while plenty of that was true, Roget and the Synchro arc, for all it's problems, was far from meaningless. Roget himself was probably one of the best Villains we've seen, easily among the most competent (most of his fuck ups were the result of his lackeys not following orders. 227 being stupid, Sergey disobeying, the entirety of the Facillaties guards...fuck if it wasn't for those idiots the story would have likely ended then and there).

The point of the Synchro arc was basically to get their own equivlent of the Obelisk force, an elite team, or an army, AKA Security. the Lancers already had the best Standard had to offer (and it wasn't much), Xyz was in ruins and Fusion was the enemy so they only had 1 place to go. they needed support. Roget was in the way as he didn't want to get the attention of his former employer. thanks to Roget, they only got 3 guys and immediately lost several to his wormhole machine.

the ending was trash, no one is arguing THAT one. Never really got to see anything of Rin or Ruri
    "Lol. 3 dimensions destroyed, including the one I lived in. mah best friend and sister are gone forever. Literally everyone and everything I knew, loved and worked for has vanished into the uncaring void. but it's all good cuz Smiles"
    -Kurosaki Shun.

Also never trust the opening, remember how it promised us Odd-eyes Rebellion VS Clear Wing. that happened right? or Kurosaki chasing a missile. that happened too right?

3, Raging Dragon less a "Fusion" of 2 dragons and more Zarc-Lite. Their dragons having upgrades is perfectly sensible, that was their original form. unlike the Yu's themselves, the Dragons weren't originally part of zarc, they also weren't anything particularly special until Zarc fused with them, they were just regular, albeit powerful, dragons so Zarc went to put them in his deck. saying that makes no sense is like saying Shooting Star Dragon shouldn't exist because Majestic Star was already a thing. or Utopia. and yes they can just make new forms for magical monsters with no explanation, they've done it for years (where the hell did Over Top Clear Mind come from to make Quasar, Yusei just decided to one-up his future self and did it. /explanation. also Life Stream Dragon)
    I don't have a Problem, I have a Hobby.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KingKaash View Post

It seems like some really don't like Yusaku's personality thus far but I'm actually enjoying it. He's laser focused on taking down the Knights of Hanoi and doesn't want to waste time with others. I could characterize that as boring but I don't see it as him being a dick when he honestly doesn't care about dueling GO or Aoi. He's just on a mission. If I wanted to take down a hacking group, I'd hire a person like Yusaku who is focused on his job.
    I'm fine with him as is. Its almost a given that hes going to learn about the Magic of Friendship(TM) by the end of the series; him starting as a loner that doesn't care about dueling gives him room for something of a character arc, hopefully. I just hope it's not an overnight thing.
    Current decks: Salamangreats, Knightmare Cyberse, and Odd-Eyes Performapals
    Originator of the Tulpa Summon, and the homebrewed cards you use with it.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And do recall that I still haven't seen VRAINS, so take anything that I say about it with a pinch of salt.
    Sanokal

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dread Kaiser View Post
    1, dude, Line Break.
    2, while plenty of that was true, Roget and the Synchro arc, for all it's problems, was far from meaningless. Roget himself was probably one of the best Villains we've seen, easily among the most competent (most of his fuck ups were the result of his lackeys not following orders. 227 being stupid, Sergey disobeying, the entirety of the Facillaties guards...fuck if it wasn't for those idiots the story would have likely ended then and there).

The point of the Synchro arc was basically to get their own equivlent of the Obelisk force, an elite team, or an army, AKA Security. the Lancers already had the best Standard had to offer (and it wasn't much), Xyz was in ruins and Fusion was the enemy so they only had 1 place to go. they needed support. Roget was in the way as he didn't want to get the attention of his former employer. thanks to Roget, they only got 3 guys and immediately lost several to his wormhole machine.

the ending was trash, no one is arguing THAT one. Never really got to see anything of Rin or Ruri
    "Lol. 3 dimensions destroyed, including the one I lived in. mah best friend and sister are gone forever. Literally everyone and everything I knew, loved and worked for has vanished into the uncaring void. but it's all good cuz Smiles"
    -Kurosaki Shun.

Also never trust the opening, remember how it promised us Odd-eyes Rebellion VS Clear Wing. that happened right? or Kurosaki chasing a missile. that happened too right?

3, Raging Dragon less a "Fusion" of 2 dragons and more Zarc-Lite. Their dragons having upgrades is perfectly sensible, that was their original form. unlike the Yu's themselves, the Dragons weren't originally part of zarc, they also weren't anything particularly special until Zarc fused with them, they were just regular, albeit powerful, dragons so Zarc went to put them in his deck. saying that makes no sense is like saying Shooting Star Dragon shouldn't exist because Majestic Star was already a thing. or Utopia. and yes they can just make new forms for magical monsters with no explanation, they've done it for years (where the hell did Over Top Clear Mind come from to make Quasar, Yusei just decided to one-up his future self and did it. /explanation. also Life Stream Dragon)
    1: I was tired when I made this, okay?

2: I hope you don't mean to say he was one of the best villains in all of Yugioh, because if so, LOL. Who cares how competent he was, he's the most generic villain we've ever had. All he wants to do is take over the world and have lots of power to look down on people! He has no depth, no backstory, no flaws outside of being a generic evil jerk, and the fact of the matter is that they spent on an entire long arc dealing with a dude whose plans literally didn't matter in the end when the Synchro Dimension no longer exists. Again, like Samurai Jack, they fought so hard to protect something that in the end was lost anyways and they just didn't care. That's the worst part, really. The Professor was allowing multi-dimensional holocausts and didn't care because he only cared about the pre-existing world, so the good guys oppose him because they assumably care about all the people he's letting die, but then they let them die anyways, so they're not really any better than the "noble extremist" villain!

But Security isn't an elite team, they're literally an endless supply of faceless lookalikes. These aren't the super battle droids you're looking for, they're more like the clone army. The Council has their own, much cooler looking personal guard. Also what's the point when the Obelisk Force, who aren't interesting characters themselves because, again, they're faceless mooks instead of at least individualized grunts, attack at the end, anyways? You can't have an elite team of clones with the same personality and deck! It makes every duel with them uninteresting by default. Someone taking out three, five, a million of them at once isn't as impressive as it would be to beat one new, fully fleshed-out person with a new deck instead of fucking Ancient Gears again. I don't think pretty much ever before in Yugioh we saw the same stupid deck being beaten over and over again.

2.5: Showing monsters facing off is just to be cool, as is people chasing a missile meant to symbolize his general quest against LDS. But to show the hero's monster at all implies it has real meaning, which it doesn't because...

3: If Raging Dragon is Zarc-Lite, why is it A: almost identical to Odd-Eyes Rebellion Dragon, just slightly better in OTK powers and B: not a Fusion monster like Z-Arc is? And the whole idea that the cards were just normal until peer pressure turned them into gods of destruction is also super dumb, it takes away all the power behind them and reminds you just how silly it is that pieces of cardboard far removed from mystical Egyptian shadow games can kill people. It's the same reason why it's stupid that Z-One wasn't actually future Yusei but just some random fanboy. When you except something to have significance but then it's just everyday run-of-the-mill, it's disappointing, like finding a sticky note explaining the prophecy of legend.

Bonus: Also I forgot to mention how dumb Action Cards are, since adding some unlimited and unrestricted free advantage into the game makes duels completely meaningless. Literally there are no good Action Duels because by its very nature one can win thanks to reasons completely outside of the decks, i.e. the only thing that should matter. Yugioh, like other cerebral games like chess, should be an equal playing field between an Olympic sprinter and someone in a wheelchair, but in Action Duels, it's not. Also why bother creating this new method of dueling and new form of card that no one else understands because public knowledge doesn't exist in the show to help you win and not just create a bunch of cards that say "win the duel"? This is actually a bigger complaint of mine, that if card games are going to decide the fate of the world, why wouldn't the card makers just make unfun but auto-win cards to ensure some space demon can't kill them?
    Last edited by Voltanis The Adjudicator; 6th June 2017 at 03:15 PM.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    1: I was tired when I made this, okay?

2: I hope you don't mean to say he was one of the best villains in all of Yugioh, because if so, LOL. Who cares how competent he was, he's the most generic villain we've ever had. All he wants to do is take over the world and have lots of power to look down on people! He has no depth, no backstory, no flaws outside of being a generic evil jerk, and the fact of the matter is that they spent on an entire long arc dealing with a dude whose plans literally didn't matter in the end when the Synchro Dimension no longer exists. Again, like Samurai Jack, they fought so hard to protect something that in the end was lost anyways and they just didn't care. That's the worst part, really. The Professor was allowing multi-dimensional holocausts and didn't care because he only cared about the pre-existing world, so the good guys oppose him because they assumably care about all the people he's letting die, but then they let them die anyways, so they're not really any better than the "noble extremist" villain!
    yes because Yugioh is famous for deep, complex villains. no wait half of them are generic evil for the sake of it destroy the world demon things, he doesn't have much competition. Competency is an EXTREMELY important thing to have in a villain and Roget would have changed the plot several times over if his subordinates didn't fuck up.

he had depth, he had backstory and what do you mean the Dimension no longer exists? the Original Dimension is the one that was gone for good, Synchro is still there, Xyz is still there, Fusion is still there. Standard was rebranded.

But Security isn't an elite team, they're literally an endless supply of faceless lookalikes. These aren't the super battle droids you're looking for, they're more like the clone army. The Council has their own, much cooler looking personal guard. Also what's the point when the Obelisk Force, who aren't interesting characters themselves because, again, they're faceless mooks instead of at least individualized grunts, attack at the end, anyways? You can't have an elite team of clones with the same personality and deck! It makes every duel with them uninteresting by default. Someone taking out three, five, a million of them at once isn't as impressive as it would be to beat one new, fully fleshed-out person with a new deck instead of fucking Ancient Gears again. I don't think pretty much ever before in Yugioh we saw the same stupid deck being beaten over and over again.
    yep, EXACTLY like the obelisk force. Reiji wanted cannon fodder to throw at them. Also they are an elite team because they were described as such, and they showed it by having....what 9 guys destroy a lot of individualized cannon fodder back when they debuted, Then gave the main characters an legit tough duel. there was a reason Roget freaked out over their arrival. just because they weren't impressive to you doesn't mean they were not a legit threat

and yes we have seen he same stupid deck being beaten over and over again. fittingly, the best example were Ancient Gears. Crowler in GX lost all the damn time, and they showed up in 5D's to get screwed by Yusei. Yuma is the only spinoff protag to NOT destroy an ancient Gear User.
    then in DM there was Mai and her Harpies. what was her win/loss again?
    and for individual cards, Sakaretsu Armor. EVERY singe time that card was set, it was blown up.

That said, Yugioh doesn't have much in the way of recurring villains, so the Obelisk force does stand out there. on that note, Academia was a military, the Obelisk Force were soldiers, given standard Issue weapons much like Security were given Standard Issue Goyos and the Lancers were given standard issue Action Fields

2.5: Showing monsters facing off is just to be cool, as is people chasing a missile meant to symbolize his general quest against LDS. But to show the hero's monster at all implies it has real meaning, which it doesn't because...

3: If Raging Dragon is Zarc-Lite, why is it A: almost identical to Odd-Eyes Rebellion Dragon, just slightly better in OTK powers and B: not a Fusion monster like Z-Arc is? And the whole idea that the cards were just normal until peer pressure turned them into gods of destruction is also super dumb, it takes away all the power behind them and reminds you just how silly it is that pieces of cardboard far removed from mystical Egyptian shadow games can kill people. It's the same reason why it's stupid that Z-One wasn't actually future Yusei but just some random fanboy. When you except something to have significance but then it's just everyday run-of-the-mill, it's disappointing, like finding a sticky note explaining the prophecy of legend.
    because Zarc wasn't Just fusion, he was fusion, synchro and Xyz. Yuya only had Yuto merged with him so neither he or Raging had those last 2 mixed in, only Xyz and Pendulum. so it was an Xyz/pendulum. Zarc was in control at the time and he was trying to summon as much of himself as he could given only half of him was present. it also just happened to use the same materials, but with more Evil mixed in. Think Elemental HERO Flame Wingman VS Evil HERO Inferno Wing.

also, did you actually watch the end of the show? the monsters in ARC V were NEVER pieces of cardboard. one of the Professors big revelations was that Real solid vision was making ACTUAL, REAL, MONSTERS. With Souls that reacted to their enviroment, he basically reproduced the shadow games via technology. he ignored the implications of this, and no one else noticed it and Zarc was the result. and these Real monsters got pissy when they were forced into what amounted to a blood sport for their amusement. not exactly what I would call Peer Pressure, they didn't just Hulk out, they outright revolted once they found a duelist that would let them.

See kids, that's what happens when you mistreat your demi-gods pets. they end the fucking world.

Bonus: Also I forgot to mention how dumb Action Cards are, since adding some unlimited and unrestricted free advantage into the game makes duels completely meaningless. Literally there are no good Action Duels because by its very nature one can win thanks to reasons completely outside of the decks, i.e. the only thing that should matter. Yugioh, like other cerebral games like chess, should be an equal playing field between an Olympic sprinter and someone in a wheelchair, but in Action Duels, it's not. Also why bother creating this new method of dueling and new form of card that no one else understands because public knowledge doesn't exist in the show to help you win and not just create a bunch of cards that say "win the duel"? This is actually a bigger complaint of mine, that if card games are going to decide the fate of the world, why wouldn't the card makers just make unfun but auto-win cards to ensure some space demon can't kill them?
    you use the word "meaningless" a lot, I'm not sure you know what it means.

the action cards were to give the writers breathing room, the cards in their decks could now be dedicated more to making an enjoyable duel instead of ....well Zexal formula of "summon Ace, set backrow, immediately use backrow to not get OTK'd, then convienently draw extra cards so MC actually has a hand to make a comeback with". even notice how often Yuma played Xyz treasure, Speed World 2's Card Draw or the infamous "counts as 2 material for Xyz"? same reason, the writers have been metaphorically throwing extra cards at the protags from the start, they just stopped being subtle and did it literally. they also enabled extra drama (which is actually plot relevant as Entertaining the audience was the point of a lot of duels) along with some more creative ways they were used ("Ronin Guy" beating the shit out of his opponents, Action Traps (painfully underutilized)

talking from a card game mechanics point of view, yes they were extremely stupid, much like the Motorcycles of 5D's or and likely the Skills of VRAINS. they just made things easier for the duel writers
    I don't have a Problem, I have a Hobby.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Volteccer View Post
    I'm fine with him as is. Its almost a given that hes going to learn about the Magic of Friendship(TM) by the end of the series; him starting as a loner that doesn't care about dueling gives him room for something of a character arc, hopefully. I just hope it's not an overnight thing.
    You nailed it! I forgot to mention that part. Yusaku will grow from isolated "dick" to making friends with the other characters and I'll enjoy that because the main reason I watch shows is for character development. But for right now I'm liking the serious demeanor.

I hope it's not an overnight thing. I think it'd be cool if Yusaku starts trusting the other characters and then they get framed somehow for going against Yusaku in some way or accidentally helping the enemy and then Yusaku goes back to the way he is right now for a little bit. Yusaku looks like he has trust issues.

Don't be sad be glad. Anyway you said ending but Sergey crushing Yuzu was like the halfway point of the entire Arc-V. Still I wanted to make a thread about everything I thought was wrong with Arc-V but I didn't want to be the negative nancy.

-I do agree that the show was rushed.
    -To me the Doktor, the Battle Beast and the Tyler Sisters were all soldiers of Academia. When you're a battle school like Academia you have to have obstacles like that. I wouldn't call them meaningless but the Doktor could've definitely been developed into more of a threat.
    -I found it cool that the Professor used Yuri the whole way. It showed some depth for Leo by showing he can be manipulative. How many guys are you gonna find that are strong as Yuya, Yuto and Yugo? Instead might as well get one of them to work for you who can actually stand a chance against the others. And then if Yuri ever turned on Leo he probably thought he could stop him which he couldn't. I liked that one of the 4 Yus were evil.
    -Yugo should've pulled out some Accel Synchro stuff to merge his Roids with his dragon to really have meaning. Yuto accessing Rank-Up is just like Yuma accessing Rank-Up so I'm fine with that. Judai didn't really push the limits of Fusion summoning higher (unless you count Contact Fusion) but merging Predaplants with his dragon was a decent step. Like Dread said for Raging Dragon, Yuya was starting to show off Z-Arc potential with the Yuya+Yuto half he did have. You can argue though that it was unnecessary since Odd-Eyes Rebellion Dragon was already created
    A Fallen Hero Is The Best Kind of Villain