User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 31

Thread: Yu-Gi-Oh! VRAINS Episode 4

  1. #21
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    1,107
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KingKaash View Post
    It's a tough call. I feel like using Link Monsters and their pointers opens up the other Monster Zones into Extra Monster Zones that can be used to continue the Link Summoning. And then of course you have the Extra Link concept. So I feel like plopping a Pendulum Monster or any other Extra Deck monster into one of the linked points clogs up the whole strategy of Links. I'm leaning towards VRAINS not acknowledging them at this point.
    Remember, regular Master Duels will be a thing, so there is ample time to show them off. Pendulums, and any other kind of card and Dueling style.

    Honestly, we have ample time to show off a lot of things. We have 3 years, and we're barely in the second month of the first one, so I'll say that it's unwise to write off anything at this point in time.

    Lastly... Pendulums don't quite work like that. I think you may be confusing some things here. Pendulums and Links don't really conflict, outside the general fact that anything ED related is affected by the new rules. Simply put, you can use Pendulums to make Links, then Pendulum Summon back the Material to make more Links or other Extra Deck stuff.

  2. #22
    Registered User Dread Kaiser's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Terminia
    Posts
    3,614
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by J. D. Guy View Post
    Remember, regular Master Duels will be a thing, so there is ample time to show them off. Pendulums, and any other kind of card and Dueling style.

    Honestly, we have ample time to show off a lot of things. We have 3 years, and we're barely in the second month of the first one, so I'll say that it's unwise to write off anything at this point in time.

    Lastly... Pendulums don't quite work like that. I think you may be confusing some things here. Pendulums and Links don't really conflict, outside the general fact that anything ED related is affected by the new rules. Simply put, you can use Pendulums to make Links, then Pendulum Summon back the Material to make more Links or other Extra Deck stuff.
    and they have not been a thing at all thus far. also non-Action Duels in ARC V were a thing.....we know how often that happened
    I don't have a Problem, I have a Hobby.

  3. #23
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    1,107
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dread Kaiser View Post
    and they have not been a thing at all thus far. also non-Action Duels in ARC V were a thing.....we know how often that happened
    Not sure what you're getting. It not being a thing yet doesn't meant it never will, and frequency doesn't really factor into anything, either.

  4. #24
    Registered User Sanokal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    New Zealand.
    Posts
    2,480
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dread Kaiser View Post
    and they have not been a thing at all thus far. also non-Action Duels in ARC V were a thing.....we know how often that happened
    They happened more often than you'd think.
    Sanokal

  5. #25
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    1,107
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanokal View Post
    They happened more often than you'd think.
    Also, precisely this.

  6. #26
    Registered User Comun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Ancient Forest (aka Manaus, Brasil)
    Posts
    512
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm not a big fan of Speed Duels, but I would be fine with the proportion being like pre-WRGP 5D's Riding/Ground Duel proportion.
    IRL Decks: Pure Artifact, Lyrilusc (work in progress) and futurely Time Thief
    Online: Trap Monster, Trickstar, Eyes Restrict
    Pre-Link Format: DDD, Heraldic Beast, Chronomaly

  7. #27
    Registered User Voltanis The Adjudicator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Sanctuary In The Sky
    Posts
    496
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lol called it 100%, right down to the mentioning of GO's pride, also implied that Yusaku never even knew he was fighting SOL by proxy.

    Also they better put some more budget into Speed Duel animation, because right now they look like they're going at 2 MPH and it's dumb as shit. Plus it's stupid for characters to fight and not even look at each other.

    More importantly, though, is how bad Link summoning is aesthetically. They jump up but then somehow teleport right back on track, plus instead of the classic summoning chants, we just get a very militaristic and repetitive "settings confirmed". (Another casualty of switching from magic to science. And even 5D's Synchro summon had a cool gear and rays of light thing going on. Here they plug into some arrow keys. Pretty far cry from the glowing galaxy void of Xyz or the spinning arc of Pendulum.) Speaking of repetitiveness, the fact that every time someone Link Summons they say the word Link three times in one sentence, combined with the fact that the whole shtick of LS is to do it several times at once like Yusaku did means that we'll be hearing that same stupid line over and over again, to the point where we'll look back at "but you'll still take the damage!" as quaint.

    So yeah, though I still want to believe in this show, each episode has been worse than the last and I need to see something that will reverse that trend. Blue Angel could in theory do that but let's be real, the odds of a woman being important in Yugioh at this point at this time are not bigly. Sad!
    Last edited by Voltanis The Adjudicator; 8th June 2017 at 11:01 PM.

  8. #28
    Registered User KingKaash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    595
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by J. D. Guy View Post
    Remember, regular Master Duels will be a thing, so there is ample time to show them off. Pendulums, and any other kind of card and Dueling style.

    Honestly, we have ample time to show off a lot of things. We have 3 years, and we're barely in the second month of the first one, so I'll say that it's unwise to write off anything at this point in time.

    Lastly... Pendulums don't quite work like that. I think you may be confusing some things here. Pendulums and Links don't really conflict, outside the general fact that anything ED related is affected by the new rules. Simply put, you can use Pendulums to make Links, then Pendulum Summon back the Material to make more Links or other Extra Deck stuff.
    I'm not sure why you bring up Master Duels. But I do agree that there is plenty of time for them to acknowledge it. And also I guess you're right that you can keep spamming back the Pendulums to the Link Points of the Link Monster already on the field to Link Climb forward. My bad
    A Fallen Hero Is The Best Kind of Villain


  9. #29
    Registered User Dread Kaiser's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Terminia
    Posts
    3,614
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Voltanis The Adjudicator View Post
    Lol called it 100%, right down to the mentioning of GO's pride, also implied that Yusaku never even knew he was fighting SOL by proxy.
    he is probably aware, given that no one else can just drop a cage on him to prevent logout
    I don't have a Problem, I have a Hobby.

  10. #30
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    1,107
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KingKaash View Post
    I'm not sure why you bring up Master Duels. But I do agree that there is plenty of time for them to acknowledge it. And also I guess you're right that you can keep spamming back the Pendulums to the Link Points of the Link Monster already on the field to Link Climb forward. My bad
    I mentioned Master Duels, because that's what they're calling normal, full-field Duels. In those Duels. the left and right-most S/T Zones are available, meaning the Pendulums Zones are available. A Duel that makes use of them wouldn't be a Speed Duel, as those Zones aren't used then, so it'd have to be a Master Duel.

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •