User Tag List

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Yu-Gi-Oh! VRAINS Episode 4

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yu-Gi-Oh! VRAINS Episode 4

In which Goukis face off against Cyberse.

Long story somewhat short, though Go turned down SOL previously, his young orphan fans seemed to be interested in the new "hero" Playmaker, so he eventually takes up SOL's proposition for the benefit of those children. He lures Playmaker out with a disguise, and SOL "traps" Playmaker so he can't escape. Go than Duels Playmaker and puts on a show for his young fans, taking a huge chunk of damage before taking the lead.

----

I thought I'd make this thread since no one made one for last episode. Will return with my thoughts later, but until then, discuss away.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't mean this in any offense to you JD Guy, but just curious, where is KingJinzo? I haven't seen him since Arc-V ended
    A Fallen Hero Is The Best Kind of Villain

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KingKaash View Post
    I don't mean this in any offense to you JD Guy, but just curious, where is KingJinzo? I haven't seen him since Arc-V ended
    None taken.

I'm not sure, really. My best guess is that he took a self-appointed leave of absence. If so, it could be for any reason, like real life stuff, or just to get away from all that Arc-V hate, or just about anything, in truth.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by J. D. Guy View Post
    None taken.

I'm not sure, really. My best guess is that he took a self-appointed leave of absence. If so, it could be for any reason, like real life stuff, or just to get away from all that Arc-V hate, or just about anything, in truth.
    Well, it's sorta what I did.
    Sanokal

Registered User Voltanis The Adjudicator's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Kind of disappointed GO didn't go (heh) for the double Link Summon in one turn. Had he summoned Headbutt first, boosted Great Ogre, and used it for the third material instead of sacrificing Scorpio, he could have gotten out Thunder Ogre, then used Headbutt's search effect to get out Twist Cobra and normal summon it, then attack with Thunder Ogre, then sacrifice it, preventing Yusaku from getting the extra normal summon effect on his turn. In any event, I really want GO to win this duel, even though I'm sure he won't. Since Yusaku currently has no idea why GO is fighting him other than pride, there's no reason to win this duel, heck it would probably be better to lose and stop being a media spectacle so he can get things done without as much interference. The only reason why he would need to win is if he knew that SOL technologies was secretly trying to use GO to get Ignis, but I suspect that GO doesn't really care about SOL's intentions and just wants the kids at the orphanage to look up to him again, which they would if he won, at which point he can betray SOL and be all "you're a good man, Playmaker, keep doing you and protect the Link VRAINS the kids of this city love" or something cheesy. Man, I should be a writer on this show. Too bad Yusaku's win feels fairly imminent, though I do think he'll be all heroic and refuse to run when hot dog hacker undo's the Nightmare Steelcage so as to not damage GO's pride, even though he'll probably make a comeback anyways.

Also it's pretty interesting how every card they've played so far is exactly identical to their real-world versions. I wonder how long they'll keep that up. Hopefully forever, I really like it when they don't pull off insane shit in the anime that's impossible to do IRL because they slapped a million restrictions on it.

Also Yusaku saying that he doesn't give a shit about GO's entertainment style is literally the funniest thing after an entire show of "STOP THE GENOCIDE AND COME TOGETHER OVER ENTERTAINMENT DUELS!"
    Last edited by Voltanis The Adjudicator; 1st June 2017 at 06:53 PM.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, this week's VRAINS really felt very Arc-V.

I also really like how Gou is motivated by his gratitude, but the way it was framed here felt somewhat vain. I'm not sure how to feel about it.
    IRL Decks: Pure Artifact, Lyrilusc (work in progress) and futurely Time Thief
    Online: Trap Monster, Trickstar, Eyes Restrict
    Pre-Link Format: DDD, Heraldic Beast, Chronomaly

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by J. D. Guy View Post
    None taken.

I didn't know the hate for Arc-V got to some people that badly. I just tried to block it out. For whatever reason, I hope he comes back.

Anyways onto the episode. A lot of talking during the duel when I'd rather just see them actually duel but again I have to realize these are the introductory episodes. I've been waiting to see Goukis in action in the show before making a complete judgement on it and now I realize it's actually a pretty good deck. The floating ability of Gouki monsters combined with their beatdown strength makes them a pretty good deck. As for GO the character, I'm not too fond of him right now but I think he'll grow on me.

I also got a lot of vibes from Arc-V with the whole Entertainment Dueling style talk.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just curious what you guys think. Do you think VRAINS will acknowledge Pendulums or do you think they'll drop them the way Zexal pretended Synchros didn't exist?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ScionStorm View Post
    Just curious what you guys think. Do you think VRAINS will acknowledge Pendulums or do you think they'll drop them the way Zexal pretended Synchros didn't exist?
    I think that people would get upset if they drop fusion/synchro/xyz/pendulum, so I think after they give links enough time to shine they'll come back.

Pendulums might be a problem, since in speed duels there's no room for the scales, but that's nothing a Skill can't fix.
    Current decks: Salamangreats, Knightmare Cyberse, and Odd-Eyes Performapals
    Originator of the Tulpa Summon, and the homebrewed cards you use with it.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ScionStorm View Post
    It's a tough call. I feel like using Link Monsters and their pointers opens up the other Monster Zones into Extra Monster Zones that can be used to continue the Link Summoning. And then of course you have the Extra Link concept. So I feel like plopping a Pendulum Monster or any other Extra Deck monster into one of the linked points clogs up the whole strategy of Links. I'm leaning towards VRAINS not acknowledging them at this point.