User Tag List

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Official News Card Reveals

Registered User ThePhotonLegion's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Same reason we had Faker and Nasch before Yuya way back when. Cover Card Syndrome.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by haloichigo1 View Post
    Altergeist set numbers appear after vullet, which might mean they are anime cards. Possibly used by spectre or Ema, who might be the best bet since these cards have geist in their name and her VR form is named ghost girl. The monsters are also feminine and female characters usually run decks with female monsters.
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    Yeah, the article failed to mention Altergeists are an anime archetype, but that's written in the actual V-Jump pages. I'm assuming they're Ema's.
    Nice catch. I'm glad Ema's cards are low-key confirmed. "Low-key" in that we don't official know they're Ema's, but that's pretty much the only person's they can be.

I also like that they're Spellcasters, and pretty coherent ones at that, which is no big suprise for important Anime Deck's this series so far.

The new trickster was expected effect wise. I just don't like how it's level 4, meaning we might see some rank 4 spamming. There is also a space between Narkiss and bat meaning maybe another Trickstar or Gouki will be in the set, possibly both if a Gouki takes that spot and a Trickstar takes the spot before narkiss.
    Quote Originally Posted by XBrain130 View Post
    I highly doubt it, as someone likes to remind, anime cards are strictly in order of character and appearance, and the only Goukis used by Go before Headbatt were the COTD ones, so that space's gotta be a Trickstar.
    It's something that Trickstars are getting seemingly 2 new Monsters.

I gotta say, I'm noticing a favoritism thing with them over the Goukis. First, they get a Trap in their initial line-up while Goukis don't, and now they seem to be getting a second Main Deck Monster to push 'em ahead of Gouki numerically again. Not to mention, the Anime shows a new Spell for them being played next episode, and they might get that this Set, too, which means they'll be leading by 2 cards this Set, and 3 over all. I'd personally rather they'd be treated equally in the release department.

Six Sams was unexpected,but it is something interesting to see being brought back and with a fusion, since they already have a synchro and xyz.
    I'm at the point where I'm glad to see more Six Samurai's. The stigma of them having been a past meta Deck aside, I always liked them and though they were cool. I personally also enjoyed mixing a few of the originals with the Legendaries, too.

This new generation of Shadows look cool! I'm love their artwork, and look forward to getting clearer pictures of them. I wonder if they'll be getting any Spells and/or Traps?

I forgot about that, but then it makes me wonder why varrel lord a revolver card is before link bumper a Yusaku card.
    As mentioned above, Varrel Load Dragon is placed before anyone else's Links because Varrel Load Dragon is cover card.

Registered User Voltanis The Adjudicator's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by J. D. Guy View Post
    It's something that Trickstars are getting seemingly 2 new Monsters.

I gotta say, I'm noticing a favoritism thing with them over the Goukis. First, they get a Trap in their initial line-up while Goukis don't, and now they seem to be getting a second Main Deck Monster to push 'em ahead of Gouki numerically again. Not to mention, the Anime shows a new Spell for them being played next episode, and they might get that this Set, too, which means they'll be leading by 2 cards this Set, and 3 over all. I'd personally rather they'd be treated equally in the release department.
    This is literally the opposite of a problem. No offense to GO, he's a great guy, but his deck is dumb as shit. It's one of the most boring and generic archtypes ever made and that's saying something after Arc-V made Igknight, Metalfoes and Majespecter. The reason being that like all of those, every monster has the same stupid effect slapped onto it, this being a free card grab for floating. Add to that the fact that they're just Earth Warrior beatsticks that win with brute force and the truth is that they're just not a very engaging deck.

Trickstars, on the other hand, are shaping up to be one of the greatest archtypes ever made and I am dead serious about that. They have cool designs and a fun mechanic based on actually viable effect damage and quirky effects like forcing your opponent to activate their set cards, (something not seen since Bait Doll), or getting a free summon when a certain monster is added to the hand from anywhere, (something not seen since, what, Watapon?) or even the fact that you might banish your opponent's hand and make them draw the same number of cards purely as a side-effect of summoning a Trickstar from the grave. Yes, people are going to be gross with Licorice, but people are always going to be gross with those one cards that overshadow the rest of the deck.

It's basically the opposite of Arc-V, when Yuzu's Melodious, while still cool and all, were not nearly as awesome and fun to play as the steadfast Superheavy Samurai. And in the end, I'm glad SupSams got way more support and I'd be just as happy to see Trickstars get literally 4x the support as fucking Goukis do, equity be damned. Besides, if past shows are anything to go (heh) off of, chances are GO will end up with way more screentime/dueltime anyways, so he'll probably get a bunch more cards, anyways.
    Last edited by Voltanis The Adjudicator; 14th June 2017 at 05:16 PM.

Registered User Voltanis The Adjudicator's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry for double-posting but can I just say how bad they got Star Armor wrong and how baffling that is considering that Crawlers released in the same set?

Like, all they had to do was make its 2nd effect only be for normal summons and its 3rd effect by not restricted to normal summons and it would have actually made sense. Because then you're rewarded for normal summoning this 2-tribute monster with free card advantage, just like how it is for the first Star Relic, plus then its 1st and 3rd effect would form a nice loop to help stop Crawlers:

Opponent flip summons a Crawler? Summon this dude from the hand. Opponent then link summons a Crawler boss monster? Return it and this card back to the hand. Repeat each turn as necessary. Who the fuck is going to return a monster that they had to tribute 2 monsters for just to return a extra deck monster back from where it came? Makes no damn sense. Instead of making it easy to special summon and then easy to return to special summon again with a bigger reward for normal summoning it, they make it so that you'd be an idiot to ever normal summon this fucker and instead you should just constantly re-special summon it for easy advantage. Just... so wrong and so clearly a better way to do it, I just can't imagine why they made it like this. It feels like they had this card right and then a fucking storm blew through the office and switched up some words. Unless this is just an error in translation from the tiny text, Konami just actively ruined their own card's sense of balance or proper thematic effects for no damn reason.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nothing here really warrants my opinion...except maybe the Altergeists, which are interesting to say the least.

It would also make sense for the Altergeists to be Ema's archetype, as she was stated to be considered a ghost, and "geist" is another word for ghost, so...
    Currently using: Predator Plant, Pendulum Magician, Zarc Magician, Red-Eyes Interested in: Magibullet, Altergiest, Vullet(?)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Kizaru looks the coolest, artwise, of the new Shadows. He looks the most festive, with a very agreeable smile to him (I assume that's a smile; need better resolution artwork), and the Shien monkeys adds a lot of character to the card.

They all look cool to me, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Voltanis The Adjudicator View Post
    This is literally the opposite of a problem. No offense to GO, he's a great guy, but his deck is dumb as shit. It's one of the most boring and generic archtypes ever made and that's saying something after Arc-V made Igknight, Metalfoes and Majespecter. The reason being that like all of those, every monster has the same stupid effect slapped onto it, this being a free card grab for floating. Add to that the fact that they're just Earth Warrior beatsticks that win with brute force and the truth is that they're just not a very engaging deck.

Trickstars, on the other hand, are shaping up to be one of the greatest archtypes ever made and I am dead serious about that. They have cool designs and a fun mechanic based on actually viable effect damage and quirky effects like forcing your opponent to activate their set cards, (something not seen since Bait Doll), or getting a free summon when a certain monster is added to the hand from anywhere, (something not seen since, what, Watapon?) or even the fact that you might banish your opponent's hand and make them draw the same number of cards purely as a side-effect of summoning a Trickstar from the grave. Yes, people are going to be gross with Licorice, but people are always going to be gross with those one cards that overshadow the rest of the deck.

It's basically the opposite of Arc-V, when Yuzu's Melodious, while still cool and all, were not nearly as awesome and fun to play as the steadfast Superheavy Samurai. And in the end, I'm glad SupSams got way more support and I'd be just as happy to see Trickstars get literally 4x the support as fucking Goukis do, equity be damned. Besides, if past shows are anything to go (heh) off of, chances are GO will end up with way more screentime/dueltime anyways, so he'll probably get a bunch more cards, anyways.
    ...That's your opinion on the matter, but that doesn't really say anything. It definitely doesn't discount or change the way I feel.

I'd perfer if they had even releases. Nothing more or less than that. You kind of went on a tangent there.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So is this all the news, seem like there suppose to be more news on the spirit warriors pack as two themes are usually reveal in the v jump for sp packs...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I also realized the Deck has a snake woman, mermaid, bird woman and a Female centaur. Altergeist = everyday life with monster girls/monster musume deck.
    I noticed that theme too, that last one is an Alraune.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shun Kurosaki View Post
    I noticed that theme too, that last one is an Alraune.
    Thank you! Trying to find out what creature marionette is was killing me. I cant wait to play this monster girl deck.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Like den13, I'm also curious if this is all the news we're going to get. I know we'll get the next promo teased but are these all the cards that'll be fully revealed? The URL for this article worries me :P