User Tag List

Thread: [CIBR] Asymmetaphys

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[CIBR] Asymmetaphys

A new Spell Card for Metaphys Decks has been revealed, meant to help them dominate the field and accelerate their draws and enable their banishing combos

CIBR-JP060 アシンメタファイズ Asymmetaphys
    Continuous Spell Card
    (1) Once per turn, during your Main Phase: You can activate this effect; banish 1 “Metaphys” card from your hand, and if you do, draw 1 card.
    (2) Once per turn, if a “Metaphys” card(s) is banished: apply this effect, depending upon whose turn it is.
    • Your turn: All monsters on the field lose 500 ATK and DEF, except “Metaphys” monsters.
    • Your opponent’s turn: Change the battle positions of all monsters on the field, except “Metaphys” monsters’.

And this is what i would like to call a good card.... unlike 2 certain cards that were revealed previously (the gemini meme monster and the six sam that doesn't help the deck much). It allows you to literally replace a metaphys monster in your hand with something else that also sets off their effects and starts some plays. THe second effect is an added bonus.
    Vector = best character in zexal
    Yuuri is better though and the best character in arc v.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No hard opt "this card name" clause written here. Which means you can use this card twice/thrice times when multiple copies are out as long you have a Metaphys card in hand.
    Last edited by R3QU13M; 20th June 2017 at 02:31 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by darkgod789 View Post
    And this is what i would like to call a good card.... unlike 2 certain cards that were revealed previously (the gemini meme monster and the six sam that doesn't help the deck much). It allows you to literally replace a metaphys monster in your hand with something else that also sets off their effects and starts some plays. THe second effect is an added bonus.
    ...You're going too far into "missing the point" territory with the Gemini, and the new Six Samurai is fine.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by J. D. Guy View Post
    ...You're going too far into "missing the point" territory with the Gemini, and the new Six Samurai is fine.
    Please enlighen me. What was the point of the gemini monster. How am i "missing the point"? Also i'm skeptical on the foolish burial effect of the other one but it could somewhat set-up double sword technique if you want. At least its an asceticism target.
    Last edited by darkgod789; 20th June 2017 at 02:39 PM.

Registered User Voltanis The Adjudicator's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like how the second effect isn't even optional, thereby punishing you for using non-Metaphys synchros.

Also how useless that last part is against Link monsters, lmao.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Voltanis The Adjudicator View Post
    I like how the second effect isn't even optional, thereby punishing you for using non-Metaphys synchros.

Also how useless that last part is against Link monsters, lmao.
    But thankfully the first effect already makes this a 3 of staple imo.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Please enlighen me. What was the point of the gemini monster. How am i "missing the point"? Also i'm skeptical on the foolish burial effect of the other one but it could somewhat set-up double sword technique if you want. At least its an asceticism target.
    You really don't see the problem with an unlimited Grave dump effect that sets off of on a deck that's been proven to be extremely spam happy has?

After people were tripping their shits over a card that mills so bad they started running 60 card decks unironically to fight it back?

I don't know what to tell you.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Michelle View Post
    You really don't see the problem with an unlimited Grave dump effect that sets off of on a deck that's been proven to be extremely spam happy has?

After people were tripping their shits over a card that mills so bad they started running 60 card decks unironically to fight it back?

I don't know what to tell you.
    but how much would it set off? thats my question. Also yeah there is no once per turn clause which is kinda funny. Ok i'll concede. The new one is the best support FROM THE WHOLE BATCH.

Registered User Voltanis The Adjudicator's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    But thankfully the first effect already makes this a 3 of staple imo.
    Well, yeah, obviously. I mean, any new archtype with an unusual playstyle (i.e. not spamming L4s or some shit) usually has to run 3 of all its card just to function. And of course the draw/banish effect is good enough by itself to warrant the 3 copies. I just think it's funny that in certain circumstances, you'd be better off with just the first half of its effect.

Registered User Brightshine Stardust's Avatar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, the (2) effect should still reduce Link monster's ATK by 500, but yeah.....I wish it does more against Links.