User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: [CIBR] Mecha Phatom Beast Raitten

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shun Kurosaki View Post
    This lets the archetype make Xyz on their first turn with O-lion but I don't know what else the deck uses that wants to be in the grave other than Blue-Impalase. I guess Coltwing to reborn and trigger with Hamstrat? It also helps to quickly fill up your field with tokens for a huge Scramble Scramble but that requires a huge investment.
    Well, there's plenty of combos this card can open up to.

Use Raiten's effect, discard O-Lion, summon token > triggers O-Lion's effect, summon token > Banish O-Lion, normal Summon Hamstrat > tribute 2 tokens for Hamstrat's effect, summon Coltwing, use Coltwings effect to summon two more tokens.

This combo allows for a total of 4 monsters on the field to be used for Synchro or Link summons at the cost of...2 cards? Also you can use Hamstrat's effect to summon any MPB from the graveyard depending the situation. I'm sure there it plenty more this deck can do now thanks to this card, but this is just one combo I could think of right off the bat.
    Currently using: Predator Plant, Pendulum Magician, Zarc Magician, Red-Eyes Interested in: Magibullet, Altergiest, Vullet(?)

Registered User ThatGuyWithThetSoBigButt's Avatar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wait you can use tokens for link summons? Like Scapegoat?

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ThatGuyWithThetSoBigButt View Post
    Wait you can use tokens for link summons? Like Scapegoat?

ya, we confirmed that a long time ago

Tokens are Normal Monsters for all intents and purposes, you can use them for anything you could use a Normal monster for, as long as it doesn't require it to end up in a specific place, which is why Xyz can't use them.

for the purposes of using them as Link material, there is no real difference from using it as Synchro material, as long as it still meets the criteria, just remove it from the field like you would any other
    Last edited by Dread Kaiser; 25th June 2017 at 06:11 PM.
    I don't have a Problem, I have a Hobby.

Registered User ThatGuyWithThetSoBigButt's Avatar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the explanation, I'm still a bit shaky on the links mechanic, it's weird.